Sheff Utd 1 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two dificult games to start the season with at Ipswich and Sheffield and to come away with points from both is, IMO, a great achievement. Well done to everyone concerned.

Last edited:
Good game tonight, our lot worked their bollocks off until the last 20 mins when they looked knackered. Uniteds goal was a screamer, ours was a bit lucky with Fattys deflection but not undeserved.
I think we all would have taken a draw before kick off but if it wasnt for that one cracking shot I really think we stood a chance of holding on for all 3 points.

I think we all would have taken a draw before kick off but if it wasnt for that one cracking shot I really think we stood a chance of holding on for all 3 points.

Well, yeah, seeing as how they didn't score any other goals, then....yeah I reckon we'd have held on :icon_lol:

Got across for the match tonight. We bossed the first half and looked very solid at the back-Brown was immense at times.

We should have been at least one up by half time but lacked a quality finish.

After our deserved goal in the second half we were comfortable until the Blades scored from a long distance strike goal against the run of play...after they scored and with the home crowd (at last) waking up we were under a bit of pressure but deserved more than the draw.

A win would have raised false expectations but we were well worth it...

Striker crisis? Howard looked poorly after his limp off but not sure about the others.

All in all a very good away day and the season looks promising.

I'll take a performance like this for any away match..great support as ever!:038::038:

Fair enough, I agree, we need to move forward and DJ would be bad news in my opinion. Do you think Dickov can still cut it in this league?

Also, it sounded like Berner got beaten a few times tonight - I like his work rate and he seems good in many other areas too-however, his lack of pace is a worry and Powell, though experienced and a good pro, would not exactly cure this problem.

Were you listening to the same game? Sounded to me like he had a great match and was praised repeatedly.

^^^^ this.

I thought Berner was one of our best players tonight, time and again he put in vital tackles and also didn't just hoof the ball away in a panic when he had time, but tried to play it forward.

Just return after going round the block twice to suss out my exhaust is loose again.

Bit gutted tbh. We dominated for long periods and had four good chances in the first half. Didn't miss Howard as we played a good footballing style on the deck. Got the rub of the green on Fryatt's goal which I thought he meant.

They scored an absolute screamer against the run of play with us looking likely to score again and confidence rose in their players. We had to dig deep to keep ourselves in it.

Performance wise....Neilson was average, N'Guessan hit and miss but bar that everyone was ok. Fryatt looked good bar his missed chance in first half.

Was very pleased with how they played first half, will go as far to say it's the best I've seen them play in a few seasons.

Was always concerned though that our good play and work would be spoilt if we couldn't capitialize but we managed to get our noses in front whilst still playing well into the second half.

Of course there was no way we could keep that tempo going for the entire game, and slowly Utd got back into it, it did take an absolutely fantastic strike to bring them level(and with the lads weaker foot apparently!) and they had the better chances to win the game, but that would've been very harsh on our lot who probably on overall play would be disappointed to not take all three points.

All in all, I'm chuffed with the start to the season so far!( Not going to think about any sort of striker 'crisis'!)

It's nice to see a Leicester side with some bite and fight. I'd quite happily take a season of consolidation playing good football. If we play some of the stuff we did first half, we could stick myself up front and get a goal.

As for Wellens being booked, I had some sympathy with him tonight and it's a big part of his game. King's confidence already looks a bit beaten.

Last edited:
good point. my first game this season- like the looks of wellens and as mentioned above brown played very well. he talks non stop which will only help hobbs. berner was decent too, nothing to worry about there.

we missed howard when he went off as when we were under pressure fryatt and waghorn couldnt look after the ball up top and it just kept coming straight back! every long kick was aimed at n'guessan to try to flick, which he did ok at.

not convinced by waghorn yet, seems more concerned by what the defender is doin rather than controlling the ball! impact sub at best i reckon, good pace and attitude - very "raw". he pulled his hamstring too looked like so again depends how bad it is. didnt notice fryatt limping but a lad i went with thought he was at the end.

all in all good point, held on well once they came into the game and possibly could have had a penalty near the end

I loved the way we attacked in the 1st 60 minutes tonight I'm sure we could do the same against most teams even Newcastle. The defence looks good and steady yet again tonight we were very strong particularly Brown and Hobbs and we were only undone by a wonder goal. Pity we had not lead at half time as we deserved to be but perhaps a quality stiker would have scored although Waghorn and Fryatt both played well linked well and so nearly scored.

N'Guessan was good one minute and clueless the next Neilson looked a bit dodgy a couple of times and Berner was beaten a few times but both did defend well the rest of the time and supported well going forward. Wellens was good and competitive (bit worried about suspension here as another booking tonight) and with Oakley did well in the midfield. Adams did well but tired and needed to have been taken off 5-10 minutes earlier than he was But it was a highly competitive game and we will have many more of these this season hopefully as tonight we will not fold as we tended to do previous seasons in the Championship

good point. my first game this season- like the looks of wellens and as mentioned above brown played very well. he talks non stop which will only help hobbs. berner was decent too, nothing to worry about there.

we missed howard when he went off as when we were under pressure fryatt and waghorn couldnt look after the ball up top and it just kept coming straight back! every long kick was aimed at n'guessan to try to flick, which he did ok at.

not convinced by waghorn yet, seems more concerned by what the defender is doin rather than controlling the ball! impact sub at best i reckon, good pace and attitude - very "raw". he pulled his hamstring too looked like so again depends how bad it is. didnt notice fryatt limping but a lad i went with thought he was at the end.

all in all good point, held on well once they came into the game and possibly could have had a penalty near the end

Fryatt had his boot off straight away, I saw that he too a knock during the game, so not looking too bright on the striker front!

Not a bad game, sham ewe couldn't hold on to the lead but never mind. Thought they were going to get a winner as they pegged us back pretty well in the final 20 mins or so.

One problem I thought we had was that 90% of the play went up the right hand side. The play was way too narrow and also, we looked a bit slow.

To be honest though, didn't expect to win so a point is a result of sorts. Defence looked solid - aerial battle easily won at the back. Looked a tad impotant upfront though.

Good atmosphere last night. Good to be back - even my lass enjoyed it!

I think Foggy might have been taken off as a precaution last night, with minutes left and deperatly defending the last thing you want is someone going off for 5 minutes for treatment. I'm probably toatally wrong.

He did just seem to pull up though and he was in a decent position - mind you, we never had anyone in the box for him to cross to so maybe, just maybe he pulled up cos he realised there was no point in carrying on.

How was Adams last night?

Great first half from Leicester we attacked really well and should of scored at least one in the first half. We did well to get the goal in the second half but after we did we took an absoltutely battering and ultimately it was inevtible they were going to score and what a goal when they did. Overall a good performance against another one of the league favourites so very pleased.

PS. Mark Bunn you are a wanker.

How was Adams last night?

Steady.

I have to say, if Sheff Utd are 'one of the favourites' then we should have a chance of the play-offs at least!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669