Sheff Wednesday Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
DesertFox said:
Ay up Dorky, crawled back out of your hole? Was just talking about you on here yesterday.

Things are bad my brummy friend (yes, yes, we know, you're from Wolverhampton, not Birmigham.... :icon_roll ) but we always look on the bright side...

... we're not Wolves fans :078:
Hi Desert. Yes i'm back from the wilderness or so to speak. I've got alot of catching up to do.

Does Scarecrow still post on here? :icon_roll

Relegation will see us flirt with Administration, the business plan (including revised payments to Teachers) has been budgeted with attendance averaging 24k over this season and next. With things pretty bad on the non - football side with utilisation of boxes and corporate facility falling fast - and wage structures not aligned to the lower division. Things are not great - with the 6th largest budget in this division for wages and infastructure costs 3rd highest in this division. Get your wallets out lads -

highland fox said:
Lack of Leaders out there I think too many players hiding out there,time to step forward and show that you really want to play for the shirt.

sorry to say HF but I don't see that they do want to "play for the shirt". That's the problem with rebuilding a team every year, most of this lot have only been with us a season or two. I believe that they really want to stay up, but it's for their own careers rather than for Leicester City.

CL reckons that having gone 1-0 up in 7 minutes, that we should have sat back... I'd be interested to see the shot statistics as according to Craig we were clearly far too attacking.

Last edited:
Martyn said:
CL reckons that having gone 1-0 up in 7 minutes, that we should have sat back... I'd be interested to see the shot statistics as according to Craig we were clearly far too attacking.

I'm still sat here with my mouth open since he said that.

Just had a look on Soccernet gamecast. They reckoned we had 10 shots (4 on target) to Wednesday's 3 (all on target).

Martyn said:
Just had a look on Soccernet gamecast. They reckoned we had 10 shots (4 on target) to Wednesday's 3 (all on target).

Surely can't be right as the only shot vaguely on target in whole of the second half was MDV's at the death (according to BBC Radio Leicester).

Are the stats submitted by a Mr. C.Levein by any chance?

Not long back from the game, but I am definitely starting to worry about where the club is heading, there was absolutely no passion, no creativity, what the feck has changed in six days, we were truly shite today.

Hamill should NEVER play for Leicester again, he was truly dire, why he wasn't subbed earlier in the game is beyond me. Hamill should have come off and put Elvis on the wing and Hume up front, at least Elvis will do some running. Kisnorbo although not as bad as Hamill, was a waste of space also. There is another thread on this but we really really lack someone with a bit of grit in the centre of the park.

The only positive I took from the game was Stearman, who took his goal really well and was the best player on the park until he was unfortunately injured.

we're fecked....:icon_sad:

Today was a disgraceful performance, for the first 20 minutes we looked ok, but then Wednesday started to get into the game they then got a superb equaliser after we had backed off a player who is renowned for his long range shooting ability...great piece of homework there.

2nd half we were fecking inept, no passion, no guts, no effort and no bottle...we looked a beaten side, and what was Craig doing on the touchline..feck all, no animation from a man who has sent "his team" out to battle, he just stood there perplexed like he had ran out of ideas.

As for the players, sorry but Hamill and Kisnorbo should never wear the Leicester shirt ever again they were appalling, whilst the rest were a shadow of last week, this was meant to be a relegation six pointer and TBH our lot didnt seem to care. A truly shameful performance, we are really in the shit and based on current league performances I just cant see us saving ourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669