Sheff Wednesday Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLYMOUTHFOX

I am feeling confident about this one. (It's the first one I have started)

3-0 City

De Vries, Hughes and Fryatt (coming on in second half)

Douglas
Maybury
Stearman
Paddy
Gerrbrand
Hughes
Williams
Joey
Hume
Elvis
De Vries

Elvis and Hume on either wing pushing forward. The big man holding the ball up and slotting it through to the runners. :038:

Can't see this happening myself though. :frown:

Yorkshire Vixen

i think smith and joey are banned and joey is for the cardiff game

Joe_Fox

He'll come on in the last 20 mins IMO.

Yorkshire Vixen

Joe_Fox said:
He'll come on in the last 20 mins IMO and score a hat-trick if he doesnt I will put myself in front of a firing squad.

how magnanimous of you joe

Graz

oxfoxile said:
At least the good news is that Sylla wont be back:038:

I don't think that's really good news considering the injuries/supensions we've got as well..

Plymouthfox, I agree with your team actually, except it will be Kisnorbo and not Joey since Joey is suspended.. Is Gerrbrand fit now? It's a must win game and the team will be confident following the Spurs win, so attacking them sounds like the best idea.. 4-3-3/4-5-1 with Hume and Elvis as the wide strikers is the best way we can play this I think, considering we havn't got Smith, Sylla or Tiatto, we havn't got any of our usual wingers, so 4-4-2 wouldn't really work.

I'd probably say:

Douglas

Stearman--McCarthy--Johansson--Maybury

-----------Kisnorbo----------

----Hughes---------Williams

Hammond-------------------Hume

------------De Vries--------​

Defence did alright against Spurs I think, stick with it.

Last edited:

Doggie_muz

Graz, that's the exact same team that I would have suggested - there aren't really too many options - there's Gerrbrand, but given he's a doubt anyway and the defence did OK last match I can't see CL changing it. Do we know whether Kisnorbo is definitely fit? Dion's an option but that doesn't solve anything on the wings where we are short. I think the only other possibility would be 4-4-2 with Elvis on the right, Hammill on the left and De V and Humey up top. Whoever plays, I hope the desire is as strong as it was against spurs because this is a far bigger game.

Any idea how many fans we're taking?

newtonfox

Doggie_muz said:
Graz, that's the exact same team that I would have suggested - there aren't really too many options - there's Gerrbrand, but given he's a doubt anyway and the defence did OK last match I can't see CL changing it. Do we know whether Kisnorbo is definitely fit? Dion's an option but that doesn't solve anything on the wings where we are short. I think the only other possibility would be 4-4-2 with Elvis on the right, Hammill on the left and De V and Humey up top. Whoever plays, I hope the desire is as strong as it was against spurs because this is a far bigger game.

Any idea how many fans we're taking?

i think your right the only other thing we can do is give some of the lad's in the res team a go

but then again cl need to win this one ,he mite even throw weso in

MHS

Graz said:
Douglas

Stearman--McCarthy--Johansson--Maybury

-----------Kisnorbo----------

----Hughes---------Williams

Hammond-------------------Hume

------------De Vries--------

I'll second that team

MHS

DurhamFox said:
I would think Hammill will play, rightly or wrongly.

IMO Hamill has not done much, and I would prefer the 11 that was suggested, however if he were to go in the team, I would put him in for De Vries, with Hume going upfront and Hamill moving to the left.

Graz

Could Levi Porter possibly play a part? Hmm.. Wouldn't be suprised if he was at least on the bench

jb5000

I'd go:

-----------------Douglas-----------------

Stearman-McCarthy(c)-Gerrbrand-Maybury

Hammond---Kisnorbo----Williams---Hughes

-------------Hume--de Vries-------------

Subs: Henderson, Nissa, jb5000, Hamill, Fryatt

Keeping it 4-4-2 since I'm not sure 4-5-1/4-3-3 works for us (I know I've been a big advocate of it in the past), the line up is far from ideal with the suspensions, but needs must...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669