Sheff Wednesday Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Morris any nearer fitness? I know the club were talking about him before xmas, but haven't heard anything since. I would put him on the bench if available, but I notice he didn't play for the reserves the other day...

Last edited:
jb5000 said:
Is Morris any nearer fitness? I know the club were talking about him before xmas, but haven't heard anything since. I would put him on the bench if available, but I notice he didn't play for the reserves the other day...

i've not heard sh!t all either. who knows? who cares?

No.6 Muzzy Izzet... said:
i've not heard sh!t all either. who knows? who cares?

I'm afraid in Levein's interview on LCFC World he lists Morris with the players who are unavailable for Saturday.

My team would be as follows :

Douglas

Stearman
McCarthy (C)
Johansson
Maybury

Hughes
Williams
Kisnorbo
Hume

De Vries
Hammond

Subs
Dublin
Fryatt
Hamill
Weso
Sheehan

PFKAKTF FOX said:
My team would be as follows :

Douglas

Stearman
McCarthy (C)
Johansson
Maybury

Hughes
Williams
Kisnorbo
Hume

De Vries
Hammond

Subs
Dublin
Fryatt
Hamill
Weso
Sheehan

I still think Hammill will play - replace Hume with Hammill

DurhamFox said:
I still think Hammill will play - replace Hume with Hammill

I feckin hope not, he was awful on sunday, looked like a rabbit caught in headlights, you may be right DF especially if Craig wants to keep it tight, me personally I would go for broke, with that team I honestly believe we could dish out a right hammering !

drummindefender said:
if hume and hammond play i reckon its more like elvis will be on the wing instead of hume?
hume should play behind the front two, in a forward midfield role.

It's a game we really could do with winning. If only we can go on some sort of run. With Hughes getting back to his best and a few other players performing better we're definitely capable of a winning sequence.

drummindefender said:
if hume and hammond play i reckon its more like elvis will be on the wing instead of hume?

Hume played many games for tranmere on the right wing so it does make sense, but as humes finishing is much better than hammonds id go with hume up front.

Lboro fox said:
Hume played many games for tranmere on the right wing so it does make sense, but as humes finishing is much better than hammonds id go with hume up front.
i hope the gilbert factor does not come back to haunt us.

I thought naughty was starting the wednesday thread after his superb spurs thread?
Ho Hum...

I foresee a draw....1-1

The Spurs game only showed that the squad is capable of doing much better than the results in the league.

I realise that is quite understandable euphoria over that result but for me it changes nothing because i already knew that we were drastically under-performing.

Therefore, I'm sorry to say that I think the Wednesday game is an altogether different matter and regretably I think its a home win - with the cold wind of reality kicking in again by 5pm on Saturday.

Lboro fox said:

I would leave Hammond up front, his confidence will be high after sunday and he did link up well with MDV, we need to try and keep things as settled as possible, and I think Hume out wide would be the best replacement for Smith, and he can then push on as a supplementary attacker, I would even be tempted to give him a free role.

Motown Fox said:
I HOPE NOT!!!!!!!:mad:

I live in Sheffield and theres about 4 or 5 Wednesday fans in the office and the thought of their smug faces on Monday morning if that is the result

I hope it doesnt happen but if it does just ask them how Sheff U are doing? Admittedly they will still take the mick but at least you would have depressed them a little bit;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669