Sheff Wednesday Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just realised that we got all these suspensions and injuries... the options are limited really.

Douglas
Stearman Paddy Nissa Maybury
Hughes Williams Kisnorbo Hamill
Hammond MDV

MKFox said:
I thought naughty was starting the wednesday thread after his superb spurs thread?
Ho Hum...

I foresee a draw....1-1

I was going to start one today but this got started yesterday, Plymouthfox is also a 'match tread virgin' as I was, so I'll give them a chance ;)

Tough game tomorrow, CL should let the confidence of Sunday continue and play for the win which we need, if sets up shop for a draw, he is eating away at it before we even start.

Rab
Stearman
Nils
Paddy
Maybury

Elvis
Kisnorbo
Williams
Hughes

MDV
Hume

MUST keep the backbone of the team from Sunday. 2-0 to the blue boys!!!!

Naughty Fox said:
I was going to start one today but this got started yesterday, Plymouthfox is also a 'match tread virgin' as I was, so I'll give them a chance ;)

Tough game tomorrow, CL should let the confidence of Sunday continue and play for the win which we need, if sets up shop for a draw, he is eating away at it before we even start.

Rab
Stearman
Nils
Paddy
Maybury

Elvis
Kisnorbo
Williams
Hughes

MDV
Hume

MUST keep the backbone of the team from Sunday. 2-0 to the blue boys!!!!

Sorry Naughty I did not realise you wanted to start this one. Let's hope they win now otherwise I will be thrown to the lions. :icon_conf :icon_sad:

I think whatever team we play tomorrow must now include Williams and Hughes. They bring some much needed creativity to the team.

PLYMOUTHFOX said:
Sorry Naughty I did not realise you wanted to start this one. Let's hope they win now otherwise I will be thrown to the lions. :icon_conf :icon_sad:

I think whatever team we play tomorrow must now include Williams and Hughes. They bring some much needed creativity to the team.

Spot on. With Hughes and Williams in the team, CL can play the system that he has employed this season and we'll create chances. The problem with a central midfield of joey and kisnorbo as he had a few games ago is that they are both defensively minded and it infects the whiole team. The two big differences for me on Sunday was that we had midfielders who were willing to get beyond the striker(s) and we had players willing to chase the ball and pressure the opposition. When we didn't do this (1st half), Dawson had far too much time to pick long range passes and when we pressured them, they looked insecure and we looked dangerous. Keep the same attitude and all will be well with the world!

PLYMOUTHFOX said:
Let's hope they win now otherwise I will be thrown to the lions.
Too bloody right Plymouth, it's all down to who starts the thread, you don't think the ability of 11 pro footballers over 90 minutes has anything to do with it do you?.....:icon_razz :icon_wink

MKFox said:
Too bloody right Plymouth, it's all down to who starts the thread, you don't think the ability of 11 pro footballers over 90 minutes has anything to do with it do you?.....:icon_razz :icon_wink

no it all depends on wether plymouthfox wears his lucky lcfc socks on matchday

MKFox said:

Do you mean all these years I have been crossing my fingers and toes for nothing?:confused: :icon_roll

PLYMOUTHFOX said:
Do you mean all these years I have been crossing my fingers and toes for nothing?
Highland's wife has had her eyes crossed for 10 years, but that's a different story...

Well, here's what I, just a fan, would do...

-------------------------Douglas

Stearman-------McCarthy(C)------Johannson------Maybury

-------Williams--------Kismybum-----Hughes-----

---Hume---------De Vries-----------Hammond

I would ask De Vries to hold up and bring in Hume and Hammond, whose pace and guile will strike hard while Kismybum, Williams and Hughes could all protect if needs be... Just a shame Morris ain't fit...ahem...

MKFox said:
Highland's wife has had her eyes crossed for 10 years, but that's a different story...

That is a story fit for the 'Knights of the Purple Realm' scrapbook...

alex said:
Well, here's what I, just a fan, would do...

-------------------------Douglas

Stearman-------McCarthy(C)------Johannson------Maybury

-------Williams--------Kismybum-----Hughes-----

---Hume---------De Vries-----------Hammond

I would ask De Vries to hold up and bring in Hume and Hammond, whose pace and guile will strike hard while Kismybum, Williams and Hughes could all protect if needs be... Just a shame Morris ain't fit...ahem...

Vote Alex you tossers, like the look of that team sir !

PFKAKTF FOX said:
Vote Alex you tossers, like the look of that team sir !

Ta FormerlyKnownAs.... So do I, enough of all this shit, get fookin at 'em and about it and quick and stuff....

alex said:
Ta FormerlyKnownAs.... So do I, enough of all this shit, get fookin at 'em and about it and quick and stuff....

Yeah Get Into Em, Fook em up !

They're looking for revenge from our win earlier this season....

MKFox said:
They're looking for revenge from our win earlier this season....

not many Championship sides can claim that on us ................:icon_conf

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673