Sheff Wednesday Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on City!!:038: :038:

A must win today...:062:

Nah, we've gotta win this one.

We've already drawn with Millwall and Crewe recently, we need to beat Sheffield Wednesday. We need to take the oppurtunities to get away from the teams around us, and beating them is the easiest way to do that!

Afternoon everyone.

I don't know what it is but at 2pm every Saturday, despite the clear evidence to the contrary, I always feel really optimistic that this is the day it's going to turn around.

So c'mon City, make this one the real deal!!!!

glyn said:
Afternoon everyone.

I don't know what it is but at 2pm every Saturday, despite the clear evidence to the contrary, I always feel really optimistic that this is the day it's going to turn around.

So c'mon City, make this one the real deal!!!!

Same here, which is annoying really since it usually leads me to being depressed by 5pm :(

Low expectations is the key to a satisfied soul ;)

Team news:

Douglas
Stearman, McCarthy, Johansson, Maybury
Hughes, Williams, Kisnorbo, Hammill
Hammond, De Vries

Subs: Fryatt, Gerrbrand, Hume, Dublin, O'Grady

4 strikers on the bench! Jesus!

I think we should've started 4-3-3, Hume in for Hammill.. Still, hopefully the team he's picked can do it today! C'mon City!

City:

Douglas

Stearman
McCarthy
Johansson
Maybury

Kisnorbo
Hughes
Hammil
Williams

Hammond
de Vries

Subs:
Gerrbrand
Hume
Fryatt
Dublin
O'Grady

Steven said:
City:

Douglas

Stearman
McCarthy
Johansson
Maybury

Kisnorbo
Hughes
Hammil
Williams

Hammond
de Vries

Subs:
Gerrbrand
Hume
Fryatt
Dublin
O'Grady

I guess he's trying to keep it as close to the second half against Spurs as possible: Kisnorbo for Joey and Hamill for Smith.

Plenty of strikers on the bench - if we're lacking goals with 10 to go we can always play a 5 man forward line of Hammond, MDV, Fryatt, O'Grady and Hume!

Or Dublin, although I don't count him as a striker anymore.

glyn said:
I guess he's trying to keep it as close to the second half against Spurs as possible: Kisnorbo for Joey and Hamill for Smith.

Plenty of strikers on the bench - if we're lacking goals with 10 to go we can always play a 5 man forward line of Hammond, MDV, Fryatt, O'Grady and Hume!

Or Dublin, although I don't count him as a striker anymore.

No-one can accuse CL of not being positive. ;)

teamvssheffwed5jx.jpg

what worries me is that hammil is starting after his non-performance against spurs in place of hume

i would imagine hume would be coming on for a midfielder if the sustitution is forced.

joe501 said:
teamvssheffwed5jx.jpg

what worries me is that hammil is starting after his non-performance against spurs in place of hume

i would imagine hume would be coming on for a midfielder if the sustitution is forced.

I would think he is playing purely on the basis that he is left footed,otherwise it would be a risk playing a right footed left winger in front of a right footed left full back.I wouldn't play Hammill though because IMO he is far too lightweight.

Highland will you be acting as our Jeff Stelling today?

Ox Fox said:
Highland will you be acting as our Jeff Stelling today?

No,you only take the piss...get your own scores.
Singing along to Hi Ho Silver Lining were you Ox ?

Last edited:
C'mon Leicester lets get stuck into them and have a performance like last week!!

Last edited:
beighton155 said:
why do we have such problems getting corners past the first post? Surely thats elementary?

i think they are intended, I think CL likes corners to front post and someone to flick it on across the box. It hasn't paid of on too many occasions though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69