Sheff Yoo match thread..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its so depressing when you watch the highlights, when teams like Crewe are running around like crazy, setting up chances etc. When it comes to us, there's probably only a couple of noteworthy incidents, usually a free-kick or a corner! Boring!!

highland fox said:
I've not been this depressed with my team for a long long time,I see no positives.

The only positive I see is that contracts run out at the end of June 05. CL then has a season to get his shit sorted out and then I think we will make real good progress.

In order to short circuit this, someone needs to give CL money sharpish. :wink:

We could be in Division 1 by the end of the season though Steven,I'm deadly serious.

I'm glad others feel the same as me

This is the worst team I've ever seen - regular / season ticket holder since a young boy in 1966

Sure there were inept teams in the 80s, as well as McLintock's truly dreadful year, but unlike this team they all had redeeming features, egs Weller, McAllister, Newell. There isn't a single player at the club I look forward to watching - and that's never happened before. That, for me, is the reason why this is the worst team I've ever seen, As a season ticket holder, I chose to go to Cinderella on Boxing Day rather than go to Filbert Way; I also half suspected a 0-1 defeat (traditional, isn't it?).

There is, however, a positive - Craig Levein. I'm impressed with him, and am looking forward to the summer clear-out and re-building already. Just think what he could do with Elliott's wages!

Happy new year all....

kam said:
I'm glad others feel the same as me

This is the worst team I've ever seen - regular / season ticket holder since a young boy in 1966

well - I go back to 1953 as my first game - this is one of the worst sides we have ever put out but more than that there is no one on the club's books who has any particular talent for the game, no motivation with the exception of Tiatto(who plays a limited number of games anyway for obvious reasons).

Mad Biker recently attepted an ironic 'AdamsOut' comment - Mad Biker, smell the coffee, Adams is largely responsible for this dreadful situation.

Sad thing is nobody else wants them so we are stuck with them.The words 'shit' 'up' 'without' 'creek' 'paddle' and 'a' come to mind

FT 2-0 Sheff U :( :( :(

Burnley who we face next have just beaten Wigan 1-0. What the feck are they going to do to us. :? :? :( :( :(

we finished the game with four strikers and still we couldn't put their goalkeeper under pressure

Good to see our bright,young.up and coming Manager getting so much support from his board.What have they given him?...not one fecking penny its a disgrace.Even Rotherham are getting players in.

The radio says:

Ian Bennett didn't have a save to make in the game

Taylor - will return to Arsenal
Walker - don't think we really need him. A good Champ gk is all we need
Makin-a reject. Get rid
Dublin - overpaid, big head, a has been.Get rid
Keown - too slow. He probably looked a good player at Arsenal because 10 other players covered up his slowness.Even I would look half decent in such a team
Dabizas - can only play if we have an excellent centre half alongside him. We don't, so he must go.
Gudjohnssen - a reject.Get rid.
Nalis - too slow evr for this league.Get rid.
Gillespie - a reject and a complete waste of space.
Blake - a reject.Get rid
Wilcox - a reject.Get rid.
Scowcroft - was a half decent player at Ipswich. Now very poor. Get rid
Connelly - not a goalscorer.
Elliott - please retire.the sooner, the better

If I were to pick a 23 man squad of the best Leicester players I've seen since 1966, Walker's is the only name from the present squad I'd pause to consider-----and that would only be to ask myself whether he or Keller or Wallington should be 3rd choice goalie. God this a truly woeful team.

silkman said:
If I were to pick a 23 man squad of the best Leicester players I've seen since 1966, Walker's is the only name from the present squad I'd pause to consider-----and that would only be to ask myself whether he or Keller or Wallington should be 3rd choice goalie. God this a truly woeful team.

Have you forgotten about Tim Flowers?

My top 5 would be
Banks
Shilton
Flowers
Wallington
Keller

With Walker maybe making it into 6th.

It's a shame I can't do these things, I've only been watching since 1996!
:(

webmaster said:
silkman said:

Have you forgotten about Tim Flowers?

My top 5 would be
Banks
Shilton
Flowers
Wallington
Keller

Sorry webbo, I agree with 4 of your top 5 (Walker would certainly be in mine) but not Flowers. He had a goodish first season for us but only ever as a shotstopper - IMO he never offered the defence anything outside the 6 yard box. Worse, after about xmas in Taylor's first season, 'til he finished with us, he was complete pants. Can you forget his preformance (along with at least 9 others) against Bolton in the 0-5?

silkman said:
Sorry webbo, I agree with 4 of your top 5 (Walker would certainly be in mine) but not Flowers. He had a goodish first season for us but only ever as a shotstopper - IMO he never offered the defence anything outside the 6 yard box. Worse, after about xmas in Taylor's first season, 'til he finished with us, he was complete pants. Can you forget his preformance (along with at least 9 others) against Bolton in the 0-5?

And have you forgotten how bad Walker has been for the last year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566