Sheffield Wednesday Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluefox

A little early, but as i will be going to the match i will start it off. Iain Hume to make his debut and Sheff. Weds not won a match since promotion last year.

Hopefully three point s in the bag for the boys in blue

Last edited by a moderator:
bluefox said:
A little early, but as i will be going to the match i will start it off. Iain Mume to make his debut and Sheff. Weds not won a match since promotion last year.

Hopefully three point s in the bag for the boys in blue
who is this Iain Mume fellow?:102:

If we cannot beat Sheff Wed, then I think we are trouble for the whole season. :icon_eek: :icon_sad:

bluefox said:
Sheff. Weds not won a match since promotion last year.
Three point s in the bag for the boys in blue
You've done it now, 3-0 to the owls then....

I live in Sheffield so we gotta beat Wednesday else I will have them all gloating at me Saturday night at my daughters 18th birthday party.:038:
I can't make it this time, although I saw the last 3 (2 draws and extra time cup win) as gotta get stuff ready for the party

Steven said:
If we cannot beat Sheff Wed, then I think we are trouble for the whole season. :icon_eek: :icon_sad:

Optimism personified ....again Stevo ! Cheer up mate you seem really down in the dumps at the moment. Nobody is relegated or promoted in September so lets not get too carried away whatever the result.

Motown Fox said:
I live in Sheffield so we gotta beat Wednesday else I will have them all gloating at me Saturday night at my daughters 18th birthday party.:038:
I can't make it this time, although I saw the last 3 (2 draws and extra time cup win) as gotta get stuff ready for the party

maybe getting her on here will be good luck :)

PFKAKTF FOX said:
Optimism personified ....again Stevo ! Cheer up mate you seem really down in the dumps at the moment. Nobody is relegated or promoted in September so lets not get too carried away whatever the result.

Not fair, it is just that there too many things about the Club at the moment that remind me of the 80's. :icon_sad:

lako42 said:
maybe getting her on here will be good luck

:018:
I wouldn't even ask the question if I were you...;)

Steven said:
Not fair, it is just that there too many things about the Club at the moment that remind me of the 80's. :icon_sad:

It's all this hair... :102: ...feckin' tashes next!

DesertFox said:
It's all this hair... :102: ...feckin' tashes next!

No it is the undistinguished performances on the pitch, the lack of money and our bigger players being sold to Clubs higher in the League. In so many ways we have not moved one inch/centimetre since 1989. :icon_sad:

However CL is better Manager than any in the 80's so where there is light.... ;)

Was Connolly one of our biggest players? By reputation perhaps but not by performances, in my opinion. If we'd sold some of the real talent we have, like Hughes and Stearman then I'd be worried.

Leigh said:
Was Connolly one of our biggest players? By reputation perhaps but not by performances, in my opinion. If we'd sold some of the real talent we have, like Hughes and Stearman then I'd be worried.

too right. DC who?

Steven said:

I wasnt having a dig at you stevo, I know what you mean, but I think CL is very different than previous "saviours" such as Brian Little and Martin O'Neill, they adopted an approach that bought pretty much instant results although it did take a dozen or so games with MON, but they concentrated purely on the first team, they signed players who were ready for the first team and dare I say apart from Joachim under Little, and Heskey under MON they ignored the youth side of the club.

This approach allowed the club to move quickly out of the doldrums, but the foundations were built on sand and meant that as soon as a manager like PT was appointed the clubs frailties were exposed, and we ended up crashing back down to earth with an almighty bump. With CL he appears to be concentrating on all aspects of the club, promising academy players are playing reserve team football, to the detriment of results but these players will benefit massively from these experiences, also CL has ridden the club of all the deadwood and replaced it with promising younger players on longer term contracts, many of these players are still learning and are far from the finished article, CL is buying players for the future as well, Joe Hamill was signed but with the future in mind, CL is not here just to make a few quick fixes, he is here to build a long term legacy that enables this club to develop its own star players, deliver good, energetic and entertaining football and provides a team and club the fans can relate to.

This process will take a lot longer to bear success, than the BL and MON era's but in IMO will have more long term benefit to LCFC than anything achieved under these previous managers. Give CL time, he is showing us he wants to be here for a long time he is not here to use this club as a stepping stone, he is building this club up from the bottom and it could be another 12 months before we are in a position to be challenging for the top 2, but when we do get there we will be in a position to sustain the momentum and really kick on with this club.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
I wasnt having a dig at you stevo

Even if you were I would say keep doing it provided it is friendly. ;) If it concerns football then I say write what you like. With regard to your post, I broadly agree with it. I would say one the key aspects of the current situation is CL. I am sure he will want to succeed here rather than see it just as a job, as I think he will have noticed the events at Plymouth and will want to be remembered as one the Scottish managers that succeeded in English football rather than one of those that failed. ;)

PFKAKTF FOX said:
I wasnt having a dig at you stevo, I know what you mean, but I think CL is very different than previous "saviours" such as Brian Little and Martin O'Neill, they adopted an approach that bought pretty much instant results although it did take a dozen or so games with MON, but they concentrated purely on the first team, they signed players who were ready for the first team and dare I say apart from Joachim under Little, and Heskey under MON they ignored the youth side of the club.

This approach allowed the club to move quickly out of the doldrums, but the foundations were built on sand and meant that as soon as a manager like PT was appointed the clubs frailties were exposed, and we ended up crashing back down to earth with an almighty bump. With CL he appears to be concentrating on all aspects of the club, promising academy players are playing reserve team football, to the detriment of results but these players will benefit massively from these experiences, also CL has ridden the club of all the deadwood and replaced it with promising younger players on longer term contracts, many of these players are still learning and are far from the finished article, CL is buying players for the future as well, Joe Hamill was signed but with the future in mind, CL is not here just to make a few quick fixes, he is here to build a long term legacy that enables this club to develop its own star players, deliver good, energetic and entertaining football and provides a team and club the fans can relate to.

This process will take a lot longer to bear success, than the BL and MON era's but in IMO will have more long term benefit to LCFC than anything achieved under these previous managers. Give CL time, he is showing us he wants to be here for a long time he is not here to use this club as a stepping stone, he is building this club up from the bottom and it could be another 12 months before we are in a position to be challenging for the top 2, but when we do get there we will be in a position to sustain the momentum and really kick on with this club.

Spot On. Yet Again. If only all fans could understand this....

Commentry link for when it starts:

mms://a924.l609521700.c6095.g.lm.akamaistream.net/D/924/6095/319274370/reflector:21700

for those who need it. :)

City:

Douglas

Maybury
Dublin
Johansson
Sheehan

Sylla
Williams
Gudjonsson
Hughes

de Vries
Hammond

Subs:
Kisnorbo
McCarthy
Hume
Henderson
Wilcox.

Last edited:
No Tiatto....
Hume to come on later I'd imagine.Good to see Hughes back and Sheehan in from the Cold.I'd take it McCarthy isn't 100% fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566