Sheffield Wednesday Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
FT 2 - 0 Well happy with that. :038: :038: :023: ;)

2-0 Good Win.Lets hope we can build on this and pick up some more points on Tuesday night.At last I can buy a Sunday Paper !!

Yay, nice to get a win! Hume sounded lively.

3 points on the board is always good, and De Vries getting 2 goals is a great boost with Connolly gone. Cardiff on Tuesday? Bring em on!

highland fox said:
At last I can buy a Sunday Paper
:icon_lol:
Know what you mean!
Well done chaps!;)

I wasn't really paying much attention to the commentry today, trying to do too many other things at the same time... did we actually play well? From the bits I heard it sounded like we did well, and Hughes put in a great performance. I don't think I heard Elvis mentioned much though?

good result today. but I reckon we have just played the worst team in this league by a good way.

Good luck to conners too and well done for his goal. However we all know it was him holding MDV back all along.;)

Hume looked good but really didnt get to see him do much. came on abit late for me really.

and a wicket has just gone in the cricket!:038:

It was a decent performance, we mixed it up well today, we played some nice passing football but we also played at times quite direct, but it was good to watch and we seemed to have more of a cutting edge. As a team, and this is not a criticism of the player, we looked better and had more options without Connolly, MDV and Elvis did well, Hume looked really exciting in the short time he had on the pitch.

At the back we looked fairly solid and we had better shape and balance, Sheehan had a good game, looks good in possession, we defended well at set pieces and Rab was excellent today, a couple of tremendous saves and his general keeping was as good as any Walker performance. Hughesy and Sylla gave us good options down the flanks, how we missed wee Stevie, and it proves we can play Williams and Hughes in the same team, I would hope to see Hughes play that role as opposed to Tiatto.

Overall a good result and the manner of the result meant the players could ease off in the 2nd half and conserve energy for the busy schedule ahead.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
It was a decent performance, we mixed it up well today, we played some nice passing football but we also played at times quite direct, but it was good to watch and we seemed to have more of a cutting edge. As a team, and this is not a criticism of the player, we looked better and had more options without Connolly, MDV and Elvis did well, Hume looked really exciting in the short time he had on the pitch.

At the back we looked fairly solid and we had better shape and balance, Sheehan had a good game, looks good in possession, we defended well at set pieces and Rab was excellent today, a couple of tremendous saves and his general keeping was as good as any Walker performance. Hughesy and Sylla gave us good options down the flanks, how we missed wee Stevie, and it proves we can play Williams and Hughes in the same team, I would hope to see Hughes play that role as opposed to Tiatto.

Overall a good result and the manner of the result meant the players could ease off in the 2nd half and conserve energy for the busy schedule ahead.

It has even taken the edge off some of my unease. ;) It was the sort of game we could have slipped up on instead we had it won in the first 15 minutes and then it became ours to lose. ;)

We did OK today but please people don't get carried away - we played the poorest side in the league on paper today. It would have been a different game if the wednesday shot in the second half that hit the post had gone in.

DurhamFox said:
We did OK today but please people don't get carried away - we played the poorest side in the league on paper today. It would have been a different game if the wednesday shot in the second half that hit the post had gone in.

Totally agree DF.It was a good result and by all accounts a decent performance but let's not pretend that we have suddenly turned into a Promotion winning side.3 points against Cardiff would be great and then the real test comes on Saturday for me away at Wolves.I'd be more than happy with 4 points from the next 2 matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669