Sheffield Weds post match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we could stay in touching distance ofthe Play Offs before we get the takeover sorted then who knows but our Central Midfield pairing today are poor IMO...very poor.

Strange isn't it that our goalscoring picked up with the injury of carthorse Johnson.

I just hope he is playing because nobody else is fit but IMo Tiatto would be better in there and maybe Welsh out on the left..Johnson is an awful footballer IMO

Not good to hear that we didn't play well, that hurt more than the point loss.
Now, let's take 8 wins in a row this time!

It's that ****in yellow kit again - it's always to blame.
When did we last win wearing that monstrosity of a kit? Millwall last year I think.
Blame the kit - you know it's the right thing to do.

yeah we were s**t today...not one bit effort put in until the last 15...the worst ive seen us play under kelly maybe, probably...

what Rob Kelly had to say from the OS:
City boss Rob Kelly said his side had a 'bad day at the office' following their 2-1 defeat at the hands of Sheffield Wednesday at Hillsborough. The Foxes went into the game on the back of an unbeaten run in the league that stretched back to the end of September - and included a 2-1 victory over in-form Stoke City on Tuesday night.
But that run would come to an end against the Owls - with two goals from former Derby County striker Marcus Tudgay doing the damage on the day.
Kelly said: "We didn't perform to the levels that we know we can today.
"We just couldn't get it going in the first half and we were probably quite fortunate to go in at the break just 1-0 down.
"I felt that we got better in the second half. We never lay down - even after their second goal had gone in.
"We had a go late on, but the level of performance that we have been achieving over the last seven or eight games was not evident.
"You have got to look for reasons. Maybe the fact that we have played seven games in 21 days has caught up with us.
"But it is important that we don't use that as an excuse. We will now look at ways in which we can improve recovery and preparation to try and take it forward. We will learn what we can from it.
"We've been beaten and we have got to take it. We are disappointed but we have got to try and turn that round now and set ourselves on another unbeaten run of games.
"I didn't think our defeat was down to anything tactical - I just though that they were a bit brighter, sharper and hungrier all over the pitch. They looked a little less weary.
"There has been a change here and they have got some fresh impetus. It is never an easy place to come to, but I still felt with what we have got we should still come here and get a result. We are disappointed that we didn't."
The game saw Danny Tiatto receive his fifth caution of the campaign - putting him out of next Saturday's Championship fixture against Plymouth at the Walkers Stadium.
Kelly added: "Danny has done well for us. He has played a lot of games for us with a lot more discipline.
"But we have got players that come in and perform in that role - so that is what we will do."

Last edited:
It was shocking today.
The only 2 players I can think of who had half decent games were McAuley and Johansson.
Hammond looked ok before he was took off, but again didn't look like scoring.
Shit game and Shit Ref.

having a go at the ref sounds like sour grapes, but you had to see it to believe it, some shocking decisions.

Andy Johnson is the most useless tosser I have ever seen and if he is in the starting line up after this perfomance I will be amazed.
I would rather give an academy player a chance there because believe me it can get NO worse than Johnson.

Also the stewards were the biggest load of crap I have ever seen. Threatening people with ejection because they swore during a song, and constantly searching for someone to have a go at.

Last edited:
Johansson, Tiatto and Hammond were decent. As was Sylla when he came on.

I really don't know who was worse, Johnson, or the officials. :icon_roll

Gary Rowett on Radio Leicester reckoned McAuley had an awful game.

Granted he wasn't brilliant in fact probably not even average but he was one of the only people who tried to play the ball to feet instead of hoofing it 50 feet above your own head - Stearman Style.

Johansson, Tiatto and Hammond were decent. As was Sylla when he came on.

I really don't know who was worse, Johnson, or the officials. :icon_roll

Definately Johnson, no matter how bad the officials were nothing could ever be as bad as that pile of shit who calls himself Andy.

Andy Johnson has cleary had his day, he's now clearly either unwilling or unable to perform at this level.

How long is Kelly going to persist with him?

Andy Johnson has cleary had his day, he's now clearly either unwilling or unable to perform at this level.

How long is Kelly going to persist with him?

Hopefully not long. I'd like to see a midfield of Welsh, Tiatto, Hughes, Sylla for now, with Williams replacing Hughes when he is fully fit.

Hopefully not long. I'd like to see a midfield of Welsh, Tiatto, Hughes, Sylla for now, with Williams replacing Hughes when he is fully fit.
I wouldn't be too sad of all of them fecked off in the transfer window

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670