Shirts sold out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Fans-shirty-sell/story-22727860-detail/story.html

Thousands of lapsed Leicester City fans are expected back at King Power Stadium on Saturday for the club's first Premier League game in a decade.

But many of them will not be able to sport the club's new shirt, as the shop at the stadium has run out.

The City Fanstore has sold out of both large and medium sizes of the blue home strip – and no more may not arrive until next month.

Yes, it really does say "no more may not arrive until next month".

I'm amazed at how many people are prepared to spend £45 on crap. If you buy the home shirt every season could you explain why?
It could be worse. A certain lower division club in the North West is still waiting for its first delivery of home shirts, nearly a week after their first home game. The kit for the players only arrived last Thursday.

It'll be down to all those feckless plastic fans coming out of the woodwork and buying up all of the jerseys, the plaggy bastards

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Fans-shirty-sell/story-22727860-detail/story.html

Thousands of lapsed Leicester City fans are expected back at King Power Stadium on Saturday for the club's first Premier League game in a decade.

But many of them will not be able to sport the club's new shirt, as the shop at the stadium has run out.

The City Fanstore has sold out of both large and medium sizes of the blue home strip – and no more may not arrive until next month.

I'm amazed at how many people are prepared to spend £45 on crap. If you buy the home shirt every season could you explain why?
It could be worse. A certain lower division club in the North West is still waiting for its first delivery of home shirts, nearly a week after their first home game. The kit for the players only arrived last Thursday.

Whilst I've personally not bought a shirt for some time I understand why people do if they are regular wearers of it. Because If people do wear the shirt on a regular basis then the cost per wear is actually extremely good value. I'm sure most people on this forum have something in their wardrobe that has cost them a princely sum, yet have worn it only once. But we keep it in hope that, due to the cost of it, we will one day dust it off and give it another outing at some point in the future.

EDIT: I have to say I am tempted by the red away shirt though as I have the last red one as well (well a replica of it)

Last edited:
They've only sold out of emaciated, not ones for full on pie-eating, stay at home, full kit wankers like me.

Last edited:

Pissed off with this. I was going to buy one on Saturday.

Why I buy them:

1, It's great memorabilia. Looking back at the shirts that I used to wear it brings back good early memories of Filbert Street.
2, Why not show off your pashun. I spend half the bloody time swarmed by Man United and Man City fans and it is nice to show off a bit of actual football support. I don't have to go around ranting and raving about it but it's clearly there on the shirt.
3, I wear the shirts to play football in, and other sporting activities.
4, Because I want to.

And for the record I often buy the away shirt instead. I'll most likely be sticking Mahrez on the back of my shirt this year. Most recently I've had, Knockaert, Bamba, and Abe

Scarves, flags and rattles selling out fast, too

And flasks, probably

And flasks, probably

Soon be adding blankets to this list for those not used to sitting out in the cold

Why would you not buy one?

An LCFC blanket ?

Bit too warm for me right now, but it's a fair point when it comes to wintertime. I've already got the flask

Tosh and you know it, the temperature was farcical for an August morning yesterday and today, I'm quite sure a blanket would have taken the chill off.

I can see your point

Maybe they should also sell a helpful map, showing where the stadium is

I get one bought for me every season by the in-laws. It gives them an easy present and gives me something to wear to the matches.

I get one bought for me every season by the in-laws. It gives them an easy present and gives me something to wear to the matches.

I hope you wear shorts, socks and shin pads as well, otherwise get the feck out of here

And flasks, probably

Manchester United have banned flasks this year as well as a whole host of misc items including iPads.

Never mind the shirts, has the debacle in the tea and coffee concessions been sorted, and are Bovril stocks adequate for the returning hoards.

Ps. Is anyone handing out leaflets warning of the dangers of the trip-chains?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669