Should Sven have been sacked?

Should Sven have been sacked?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was devastated by the Dougan transfer too - made worse by the fact that I had just started working in Wolverhampton. That situation was a tragedy. The Sven situation is very different - just a nomadic manager having his tent moved on with a large bounty to ease the temporary discomfort.

I would say that Sven is about as ineffectual manager as you can get - the owners must have realised that leave it any longer and no chance of reaching the play offs this season. The points differential was not great, but there is a stack of clubs lining up for promotion and our performances had no consistency and Sven carried no conviction.

The situation needs someone to lift the spirits and get the club on the charge.

You obviously know Sven a lot better than I do. Sven must be a very good actor considering he was in tears walking out of the King Power Stadium.

Yes, he's probably a bit shocked and upset. But that's not really our concern is it. I couldn't care less if we sacked every member of staff and player there, as long as we looked like we were going somewhere. Sven won't give a **** about us in 12 months time.

I feel very unhappy about his sacking, I appreciate 5 wins from 13 is not good enough, but there are 33 games left. So the next manager comes in only wins 5 out of the next 13 - is he out too? I also worry abot the list the new owners are lookig at, I just have a feeling it might be quite different from the names being bandied about in the media. I'm sure they will want a big name, high profile and well known in their homeland.

You obviously know Sven a lot better than I do. Sven must be a very good actor considering he was in tears walking out of the King Power Stadium.

A lot of our fans were in tears walking out of the KP on Saturday.

This is surely one of those rare occasions when the owners want the manager out before the fans do.

Some have rightly commented that the owners are mad not to give him more time, and that they must know nothing about football.

But perhaps they have seen the inconsistencies, the lack of pashun, manager and many players, and decided that they did not think it would improve sufficiently to win enough games. Maybe it is a brave decision, not just tossing toys out the pram.

They and we know that on paper, the squad of 25 players that Sven assembled, is certainly the strongest in this division in depth. Many of them could make Championship Team of the Year - Schmeichel, Bamba, Nugent for starters.

I do not believe they would toss Sven overboard without a Plan B. They know that if they could persuade MON to return, and Lord knows the demands he would make, they would get back a huge feel good factor, 5000 on the gate, and maybe forgiveness. Davies or Keane could do the job, but would they improve shirt sales in Bangkok?

A 'name' to follow Sven? Now you are moving into Mourinho territory!

I wonder if the fairly low gates in the last couple of games had anything to do with their decision?

This is surely one of those rare occasions when the owners want the manager out before the fans do.

Pearson? Seems to be a recurring theme with these owners (assuming they were involved in the decision with Uncle Milan), although I can understand how they rationalised the termination of Pearson.

I am surprised that earlier in the season we did not have more bums on seats because of the Sven factor and the good squad he had assembled, but then we never put together a good home run, and the Bristol City home defeat was probably the death knell to the fair-weather 'fans'.

20,000 plus, fairly low?

Some people clamour to go back to Filbo, try 8,000, that's low!

Yes but since coming down from the Premiership, our attendances have remained fairly stable around the 20,000 mark, even when we went down to League 1. I suspect that with the investment in the squad, the facilities, the ground, the big screens - the Thai's may have expected an increase in attendances this season.

I am surprised that earlier in the season we did not have more bums on seats because of the Sven factor and the good squad he had assembled, but then we never put together a good home run, and the Bristol City home defeat was probably the death knell to the fair-weather 'fans'.

Exactly.

They should have made him pop a ping pong ball out of his hoop. That would have got attendances up. Better than that bloke running round and round again.

Perhaps they told him to and he refused. In which case his lack of loyalty and pashun are obvious and they have done the right thing. I'm looking forward to Martin O'Neill popping a golf ball covered in lube out of the ground. He knows how to get the crowd going.

add poll option, yes if results didnt improve by xmas.

I was expecting him to have till xmas.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673