Sick time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brauny Blue

Approx how much ' sick ' time would you say you have in one year?
What is your employees policy regarding sick time? Are they strict on the matter or can you get plenty of decorating done:icon_wink ?

Regarding sick time my employers count the number of occasions you are off rather than the number of days. Hence if you have 3 occasions off in a rolling year then you are on review. A fouth occasion within this time period and you are into warning territory and so on. The strange thing i find with this policy is that you can have be away on 4 occasions but only take 1 day off each time and then be in a disciplinary procedure. Yet another person can take 2 occasions of 30 days( 60 in total ) and the company will not have a problem with it:confused:. Needless to say that anyone off sick at my place do not usually return with any great speed from a so called illness.

Regarding sick time my employers count the number of occasions you are off rather than the number of days. Hence if you have 3 occasions off in a rolling year then you are on review. A fouth occasion within this time period and you are into warning territory and so on. The strange thing i find with this policy is that you can have be away on 4 occasions but only take 1 day off each time and then be in a disciplinary procedure. Yet another person can take 2 occasions of 30 days( 60 in total ) and the company will not have a problem with it:confused:

If you are off for over six days your employer can ask for a doctors certificate. Less than that and you can self-certificate.

My wife works at a store that routinely interviews staff who return after illness. They call it a 'staff welfare' exercise!

So far this year I haven't had any sick. I have however had 2 seperate days off to look after my daughter when she was ill. My boss is well ok with illness, and it's so laid back at our place, if your ill no one would mind if you put your feet up and went sleep all day at your desk.

Approx how much ' sick ' time would you say you have in one year?
What is your employees policy regarding sick time? Are they strict on the matter or can you get plenty of decorating done:icon_wink ?

Regarding sick time my employers count the number of occasions you are off rather than the number of days. Hence if you have 3 occasions off in a rolling year then you are on review. A fouth occasion within this time period and you are into warning territory and so on. The strange thing i find with this policy is that you can have be away on 4 occasions but only take 1 day off each time and then be in a disciplinary procedure. Yet another person can take 2 occasions of 30 days( 60 in total ) and the company will not have a problem with it:confused:. Needless to say that anyone off sick at my place do not usually return with any great speed from a so called illness.

We have a similar system in place, we're allowed 3 'occasions' in a rolling 6 months before any questions are asked but it depends on who you are & how well you get on with your manager as to how strictly it's enforced.

I had nine months on 'the sick' last year and got varying degrees of pay for the whole period.

It seems that my sick entitlement has been reset at the start of the financial year too.

Odd days are just taken as and when. We're supposed to complete a short form on the first day back after any absence, but if this isn't done, it isn't followed up, so I would say that my employers are very lax about time off :038:

Still makes me mad that there are a couple who take advantage of this though, at their colleagues' expense.

Someone at our work spent 3 weeks on the sick with no note. It did eventually backfire on them. Got dismissed when the temp contract ran out.

It normally takes a week before question get asked.

I heard that he's gay too....
Aren't they all?
Haven't had any sick leave since Nov last year. Once the years up on that I can take up to 9 days unchallenged.
Rude not to really. No prizes for not taking it is there?

I think that in the last 8 years of my job I had 2 days sick ... just one of those lucky people I guess .... and then the ****ers make me redundant!!

I think the policy is/was up to 6 months on full pay and then reviewed after that with the remainder being on half pay.

Ive had 2 days off this year I think. Theres no set rules at our place about disciplinaries etc with regard to sick leave. Nobody takes the piss though really.

Ive had 2 days off this year I think. Theres no set rules at our place about disciplinaries etc with regard to sick leave. Nobody takes the piss though really.

They must be a good honest bunch then. I cant say that about my fellow workers, there is some that milk it for all its worth. You can actually tell with certain characters when they will disappear off the radar. I'm not sure whether its just my place or a general stat, but they say 10% of the workers have 90% of the sick time.

since starting my new job i've not been sick. the previous job i had was in HR so i knew exactly what the rules for being on the sick were, shame my boss decided she didn't want to stick by them. if we are off for more than 5 days we need a doctors note, if we want to return to work within a set period we can certify ourselves fit to work. i was off for 2 days and to be given my third day, grief free, i was told to get a doctors note, no questions!! then as the doctor signed me off for two i returned after 6 days and got told to go back and get a note saying i am ok to work, which the doctor said i had to pay for as workplaces allow self certification.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool512
2Manchester C  412
3Aston Villa512
4Chelsea510
5Arsenal410
6Newcastle510
7Brighton48
8Fulham58
9Nottm F48