Sick time

Status
Not open for further replies.
strangely, its less funny when you a hurling your guts up and shitting brown water :102:

Tell me about it. As Dour told me, it's probably a particularly aggressive cancer then and you ought to put your affairs in order. Get well soon. ;) :056:

The American time-zones from east to west are Atlantic, Eastern, Central, Mountain, Pacific at 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 hours behind GMT. Alaska is another hour behind and Hawaii is another hour behind that.
And just to make it even more confusing, Arizona doesn't observe daylight savings time, unlike all but I think one other state, so when the clocks go backwards and forwards everywhere else, our time very sensibly stays the same all year round.

So officially I think it's called "Arizona time" here (but generally it's lumped in with Mountain Time) and we are currently 8 hours behind the UK. Seven when the clocks go back in... whenever that is, a week or two? It's nice not having to mess with any of that changing clocks bollocks, I can tell you.

And just to make it even more confusing, Arizona doesn't observe daylight savings time, unlike all but I think one other state, so when the clocks go backwards and forwards everywhere else, our time very sensibly stays the same all year round.

So officially I think it's called "Arizona time" here (but generally it's lumped in with Mountain Time) and we are currently 8 hours behind the UK. Seven when the clocks go back in... whenever that is, a week or two? It's nice not having to mess with any of that changing clocks bollocks, I can tell you.

Indiana.

daylight saving seems to kick in a week after vernal equinox and a month after autumnal

so must be this weekend i guess...

oh *checks it out* it's the week after, the 28th

and here's hoping that "name an american state that doesn't use daylight saving" pops up in my pub quiz

Haven't had a sickie for a while, I think nearly every sickie I've had at work has been because of my ear, lovely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool512
2Manchester C  412
3Aston Villa512
4Chelsea510
5Arsenal410
6Newcastle510
7Brighton48
8Fulham58
9Nottm F48