Signings

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsmiggy

If Rob Kelly was given money to spend,do you feel he is capable of making the correct signings.If you were the one giving him the money,would you feel confident...........Looking at his past signings.......... does
he fill you with confidence.

If Rob Kelly was given money to spend,do you feel he is capable of making the correct signings.If you were the one giving him the money,would you feel confident...........Looking at his past signings.......... does
No, but he must have learned a lot in recent weeks/months on how to get the best out of players.

I wouldn't like to see him handed a load of money without guidance, but I also wouldn't like to see him booted out for somebody with experience

Last edited:

I think sometimes you lot on this forum build a consensus that flies in the face of the facts and just gets accepted because its been said so many times. Kenton and McAuley are both decent players and signed for free, Low and Johnson didnt cost anything and were almost certainly signed because we needed cover in those positions and they were the best of a bad bunch of options. So since hes not actually wasted any money on anyone give him the benefit of the doubt I say.

Brian Little signed Phil Gee and Jimmy Willis.
MON signed Graham Fenton and Darren Eadie

I think sometimes you lot on this forum build a consensus that flies in the face of the facts and just gets accepted because its been said so many times. Kenton and McAuley are both decent players and signed for free, Low and Johnson didnt cost anything and were almost certainly signed because we needed cover in those positions and they were the best of a bad bunch of options. So since hes not actually wasted any money on anyone give him the benefit of the doubt I say.

It was a simple question,i did not give a view....... but for the record Kenton had previously been here on loan,and McAuleys name had come up long before Rob took over.

Low and Johnson are shite, both of them without any room for debate. You post holds no weight, I could have gone in to provide cover and I'm a short arsed, overweight unfit person. So are are saying Rob Kelly doesn't deserve criticism for signing these two, in fact, if I understand correctly, you are saying he deserves praise for signing them.

These two players account for 50% of your example, in which case and purely on the basis of your post alone, I wouldn't let Rob Kelly anywhere near £25 let alone £25,000,000

Last edited:
we will never know who RK would have signed in the summer if he had any money to spend.
hopefully once the Mandric issue is stettled we will be better placed to judge the calibre of player he signs.

Impossible question to answer because he has never had any money to spend so can't really be judged on his past signings. I suspect he knows who he would really like to bring in and imo deseves a chance if and when some money comes in to the club

Impossible question to answer because he has never had any money to spend so can't really be judged on his past signings. I suspect he knows who he would really like to bring in and imo deseves a chance if and when some money comes in to the club

I agree. ;)

Joey Gug'J will be back in a flash if RK gets a chance. Mark my words.

We're missing the guy like we miss Ooh Aah Mustafa, but, realistically, would he really come back, and could we muster enough money for the guy?

We're missing the guy like we miss Ooh Aah Mustafa, but, realistically, would he really come back, and could we muster enough money for the guy?
Fecking hell, if we can't muster enough money for Joey G, then I'd say feck the takeover lets stay as we are. If thats all we can get with MM's millions I couldn't give a shit about them

Last edited:
Fecking hell, if we can't muster enough money for Joey G, then I'd say feck the takeover lets stay as we are. If thats all we can get with MM's millions I couldn't give a shit about them

due to joey not playing too much first team football there is always a chance he could come back a swop for johnson would be good send him holland for a bit :icon_lol: ;)

Last edited:
I can't remember him signing anyone that's done well so far...

Cant imagine we would sign premiership players unless they were flops or old has beens coming for the £££

Didnt MM buy alot of foreign players?

Cant imagine we would sign premiership players unless they were flops or old has beens coming for the £££

Didnt MM buy alot of foreign players?

Too true Jessel. If you try and buy your way to promotion you end up with players you had to entice with huge salaries, better imo to build a team over a couple of seasons. The trouble is that if MM comes in the expectations will be raised and we may well end up with pension seekers. As yet RK is unproven in finding those unknown gems in the same way that Redknapp and Allardyce have done for the last few years, but he deserves the chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669