Site admin stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope not. It takes exactly one more click to make an 'advanced' reply where the smileys are already available. Quick replies mean no quoting and in a fast moving thread it is often quite difficult to know who the person is making the reply to. Let's not encourage Quick Replies.
You can use the 'Quick reply to this message button' and tick the box 'quote message in reply' box but thats no easier than a normal quote IMO

you also have to reload the page still when you do this.

Last edited:
How about adding a 'Goto last unread post' button on each thread in the list of threads on a forum's main page?

You can already go to the last post, the button just to the left of the thread title does that.

I hadn't noticed it, thanks for pre-empting my requirements.

Told you it'd be a good idea. :icon_wink

I hadn't noticed it, thanks for pre-empting my requirements.

Told you it'd be a good idea. :icon_wink

I have been considering making the thread title do the same thing though, to make life easier.

But any amendments I make are likely to be just on the default forum style and possibly a few colour variations of that style.
I'm still trying to decide which style to make the default though, it might be the current default or one of the new ones I've been testing.

I have been considering making the thread title do the same thing though, to make life easier.

Too be honest Jeff, the fact that the thread title doesn't do exactly that is what made me think of suggesting a 'first unread post' button, although I'm not sure why I didn't go the whole hog & suggest the thread title as well! :icon_bigg

But any amendments I make are likely to be just on the default forum style and possibly a few colour variations of that style.
I'm still trying to decide which style to make the default though, it might be the current default or one of the new ones I've been testing.

There's no acounting for taste but I do personally prefer the current default.

The problem is with it being the default style for the software it makes the site look exactly the same as thousands of other sites.
Not that that's a problem, I just thought it would be good for it to have its own look.

Which, if my memory serves me right, is something that I criticised when you first made the switch from filbertstreet.net. :icon_redf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669