Sitting or standing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Photons of light carry out a bleaching effect when incident upon a surface. Although it would not be noticeable for many years, I am happy to accept the argument that the more energetic nature of flash photons will have a more deleterious effect than incidental bulb lighting within a gallery. Given the large footfall in the most popular galleries and the delicate nature of some pieces of work I'm happy to keep a ban simply because constant flashing would be a right pain in the arse while contemplating work.

Regardless of this, every gallery will allow photography if you are a student of art and seek permission when entering...unless they are exhibiting a **** like Hirst who bans all photography of his shite works.

As you are not supposed to report live from a match unless you are an accredited journalist this surely includes Match Threads.

Yes, but commenting on what we're hearing on the radio is fine. Not often match threads have comments from people at the matches - but those people probably are breaking the rules.

Photons of light carry out a bleaching effect when incident upon a surface. Although it would not be noticeable for many years, I am happy to accept the argument that the more energetic nature of flash photons will have a more deleterious effect than incidental bulb lighting within a gallery.

I would also be happy to accept it if it wasn't just speculation

Given the large footfall in the most popular galleries and the delicate nature of some pieces of work I'm happy to keep a ban simply because constant flashing would be a right pain in the arse while contemplating work.

Now that's a much more reasonable argument

Yes, but commenting on what we're hearing on the radio is fine. Not often match threads have comments from people at the matches - but those people probably are breaking the rules.

Doesn't really matter, Graz. As much as they try and control it, it's virtually impossible. Twitter being the biggest example; is a 140 letter tweet supposed to constitute as a match report? If does, thousands could be breaking the rules making reference to a live match. Whether that be live on the telly or at the match.

Same applies to photography. If you have something capable of producing a good quality shot, expect to be told off. But I doubt that a set of stewards could stop everyone on their phones.

So can I stand whilst taking a photo without a flash then? I always find a flash first makes for a great picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669