Skips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Han

We've got loads of rubbish in our garage and need a skip!

Naturally, this place is the first source for information! I need to know:

1. What is a normal sized skip? They are classed as mini, midi & maxi.

2. How much are they, for a day?

3. Can anyone recommend a company that supplies them?

We've got loads of rubbish in our garage and need a skip!

Naturally, this place is the first source for information! I need to know:

1. What is a normal sized skip? They are classed as mini, midi & maxi.

2. How much are they, for a day?

3. Can anyone recommend a company that supplies them?

I'm also looking at booking a skip in a couple of weeks to clear some garden and building waste. I did this also last year and got a builders skip (8 yd I think) and it cost me £135 for the week.

If you've only got household waste then you shouldn't need anything more than a 6 yard skip, unless you have old kitchen/bathroom units (??).

Not too sure on prices for that specification and for one day but the price I paid gives an indication that you shouldn't be expecting to pay more than £100.

I used a company called Maxi Waste Skip Hire. They are on the Whetstone tip site so they are local and can get a skip to you pretty sharp. I must note though that I used them last year and they took three days to come and remove the skip. That could be a problem if animals get in and rip bags open etc.

You could also try B.A.S.H (Broughton Astley Skip Hire) which is the company proprieted by former City player Richard Smith :icon_bigg

Ring around and go for the cheapest, there are loads out there, and a midi would be about right, could always ask your neighbours if they want to get rid of some stuff and chip in too.

hire a skip and your neighbours will fill it in the dead of night

i thought this was going to be a blue mongie thread about favourite flavour of Skips

but then i couldn't think of any others apart from prawn

I use Anstey Skips and it cose me about £75 for a midi, which is about the length of an internal door (I know cos I put one in!). You can keep them as long as needed normally, but like MK said, the longer you hang onto it the more your lovely neighbours will put in it.

If you are only having garden waste it will be about a tenner cheaper.

Keep clear of Acorn skip hire, they charge VAT and don't give a receipt.

If you're leaving it on the road outside your house (as opposed to on your drive). You may need to get permission from your local council.

skips.jpg

Most supermarkets and the like have them now. Should pay no more than 45p.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669