SKY TV or Virgin Media in NL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spanky Fox

Afternoon Guys & Girls,

I was wondering if anyone could help me with this, i am looking to get Sky or Virgin TV in the Netherlands if possible,

I have digital cable already but i only have the BBC channels, i want to have sky movies, sky one, sky sports, sky sports news and MTV aswell as trouble, The cable is already apart of my apparent and is appart of the montly service cost

I don't want to have the dish tho in my place as in on the terrance or in my garden on a pole.

If any of you can help it really will be much appeicated.

Thank you in advance, sorry if the thread is in the wrong place

Spanky :)

Afternoon Guys & Girls,

I was wondering if anyone could help me with this, i am looking to get Sky or Virgin TV in the Netherlands if possible,

I have digital cable already but i only have the BBC channels, i want to have sky movies, sky one, sky sports, sky sports news and MTV aswell as trouble, The cable is already apart of my apparent and is appart of the montly service cost

Have you contacted the cable company to see what's available?

Yes i have contacted the cable companies here in Holland but they don't offer the English programs like Sky do, only BBC 1, 2 etcs... not ITV, Channel 4 or 5.

I am sure you could get Sky if you can get a dish in (could be a dish on a pole on a balcony - enough view of the SE sky :icon_wink ) otherwise I feel you might be ****ed. :icon_conf

Speak with Fludie, i'm sure he can get you sorted.

*Disclaimer - I take no responisbilty if you go to prison because of his advice.

Speak with Fludie, i'm sure he can get you sorted.

*Disclaimer - I take no responisbilty if you go to prison because of his advice.

That is the worrying part of speaking to him...knowing my life may not be safe:081::081::081:

Yes i have contacted the cable companies here in Holland but they don't offer the English programs like Sky do, only BBC 1, 2 etcs... not ITV, Channel 4 or 5.

• To get Sky tv you'll need to use a dish, you have no other option.
  • To get a Sky subscription package you'll need to have a UK, or Irish, landline number to connect the box to.

Thank you guys for the feedback,

Is it possible to have Digital TV from the UK with a reciever in home, cause it is a appartment i am not use if we are allowed with the dish.

• To get Sky tv you'll need to use a dish, you have no other option.
  • To get a Sky subscription package you'll need to have a UK, or Irish, landline number to connect the box to.

Only if multi boxing? :102:

Thank you guys for the feedback,

Is it possible to have Digital TV from the UK with a reciever in home, cause it is a appartment i am not use if we are allowed with the dish.

Huh? :102:

I'm not even sure what you're asking there, but I doubt it's possible whatever it is .

Well i am asking if it is possible to get UK TV via Reciever rather than getting a Dish?

I don't want to have the dish tho in my place as in on the terrance or in my garden on a pole.

If your cable company doesn't provide UK channels, you can't get it via cable.

Freeview is only broadcast to the UK. And even if you could get it the only Sky channels are Sky3, Sky News and Sky Sports News.

It would be possible to receive Sky by satellite (and you can do it without connecting it to a phone line), but you'd have to have a dish and subscribe using a UK address.

If you have friends/family with Sky in the UK your best option might be to get a Slingbox which would be attached to their Sky box, and would allow you to watch it via the internet.

If your cable company doesn't provide UK channels, you can't get it via cable.

Freeview is only broadcast to the UK. And even if you could get it the only Sky channels are Sky3, Sky News and Sky Sports News.

It would be possible to receive Sky by satellite (and you can do it without connecting it to a phone line), but you'd have to have a dish and subscribe using a UK address.

If you have friends/family with Sky in the UK your best option might be to get a Slingbox which would be attached to their Sky box, and would allow you to watch it via the internet.

Thanks Jeff, the Slingbox seems like a good idea, any more information on this? no Sat required, i can connect it to my TV and watch on their, do i have to have a monthly payment for this?

My home in leicester has all the cable channels can i connect to that Via Slingbox and watch TV connected to the Internet via TV

My home in leicester has all the cable channels can i connect to that Via Slingbox and watch TV connected to the Internet via TV

I don't know whether it would work but it would be illegal as the subscription is for one residence only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669