SKY TV or Virgin Media in NL

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know whether it would work but it would be illegal as the subscription is for one residence only.

It's marketed as something that will allow people to watch their own cable/satellite connection remotely, via the internet, which I imagine would be OK under Sky/Virgin's terms. But it wouldn't be allowed for someone who is permanently living elsewhere, unless he has a subscription of his own.
He'd also need to make sure the internet connection at both ends is fast enough, and the data transfer limits aren't exceeded.

The best option is obviously to get a proper dish installed and subscribe to Sky properly, I would only use the Slingbox as a last resort if nothing else is possible.

It's marketed as something that will allow people to watch their own cable/satellite connection remotely, via the internet, which I imagine would be OK under Sky/Virgin's terms. But it wouldn't be allowed for someone who is permanently living elsewhere, unless he has a subscription of his own.
He'd also need to make sure the internet connection at both ends is fast enough, and the data transfer limits aren't exceeded.

The best option is obviously to get a proper dish installed and subscribe to Sky properly, I would only use the Slingbox as a last resort if nothing else is possible.

I personally like to thank you all for your advice and help.

I would like to go for Sky i will again talk to the property people again to see if Sky is possible

I personally like to thank you all for your advice and help.

I would like to go for Sky i will again talk to the property people again to see if Sky is possible

Using Sky for subscription channels outside the UK is against Sky's terms and conditions, so if you do get access to their signal you'll need to subscribe using a UK address.

Does anyone know about this so called "Dreambox"?

do you have to have a satellite for it to work?

Does anyone know about this so called "Dreambox"?

do you have to have a satellite for it to work?

No, just connect it with a piece of wet string to any plug socket and it will pick up any satellite signal it needs through that

No, just connect it with a piece of wet string to any plug socket and it will pick up any satellite signal it needs through that

:018: :018: :018: :icon_lol: :icon_bigg :icon_wink

That must be where I've been going wrong. I've always used a straightened coat-hanger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669