Slow and unresponsive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pds

This site has been extremely slow for me for approximately the last 4 days.
Each page takes at least 30 seconds to load.

I thought it was my computer but it is fine with every other website.

Is there anything I should be looking out for?

I've been having problems with the site for a week or so now. Pages keep failing to load, it's running very slow, and a lot of times I get a "cannot find server" screen.

Me too, for about the last week has been timing out a lot when loading the page.
I've been connecting through 3 different networks as well and has been the same with all 3.

There have been no problems at all with the site at the server end during that time, and I've experienced none of the problems other people have had.

Maybe it's a DNS problem. :102:

If you normally access the site at www.talkingballs.co.uk, try going to just talkingballs.co.uk to see if that makes any difference.
Or try going to http://87.117.200.32/~talkingb/ - although with that one you prrobably won't be able to log in, it should give an indication whether it's a DNS problem if it works properly and the others don't.

Like the others i've found the site slow over the last week, but at the moment its the best its been for a while. Pages are loading instantaneously.

Like the others i've found the site slow over the last week, but at the moment its the best its been for a while. Pages are loading instantaneously.

Is everyone else seeing the same thing?

Although on this occasion there was nothing wrong with the server so I haven't done anything to 'fix' it, there may be occasions when there is a problem I can fix that I'm not aware of, so please don't leave it four days before posting about problems like this in future.

What I might do is add some kind of server status page so if people are having problems they can see if it's a problem with the site, or if it's routeing / ISP related.

A bit slow from here today. Each time i click a link it takes about 8 seconds to respond (usually instant), then only loads the top of the thread/forum, 5 seconds later the rest appears.

usually very quick

Working fine here all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4595
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572