So you think Stringer isn't enthusiastic enough, do you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh Stringer is enthusiastic alright. It's just that I want him to be more partial when he commentates on OUR team. He has often criticised our own players or stated that decisions are wrong when they have been given our way!

Mrs Spion told him so on Saturday and he got a little card out of his pocket which mentions words like 'impartial' and 'unbiased'. He asked her if she would rather he said something like "This is Radio Leicester City" and she told him that would work for her!

Compared to the Twat we had before Stringer is more Bias than SWWG.

I have a mate who works at Radio Leicester and said he's brought pics in of him as a mascot for city as a kid. She says unlike her previous colleague (baa!), Stringer is city through and through.

Stringer is city through and through.

I fail to see how anyone could have thoughts that oppose the above. I feel like I must be listening to a different bloke with some of the comments on here, he is very clearly Leicester City mad.

I fail to see how anyone could have thoughts that oppose the above. I feel like I must be listening to a different bloke with some of the comments on here, he is very clearly Leicester City mad.

Have you not heard him comment about our own players falling over? Have you not heard him say the referee had got it wrong when he awarded US a free kick? Have you not heard him get excitable when the opposition score?

I have witnessed all of the above whilst listening to various commentaries.

Have you not heard him comment about our own players falling over? Have you not heard him say the referee had got it wrong when he awarded US a free kick?

I can't really see what's wrong with this. If Dickov is acting like a twat or if someone in City is blatantly diving or if the ref gets it wrong when we get a freekick (yes, that happens), I want Stringer to say that.

Last edited:
Have you not heard him comment about our own players falling over? Have you not heard him say the referee had got it wrong when he awarded US a free kick? Have you not heard him get excitable when the opposition score?

I have witnessed all of the above whilst listening to various commentaries.

So what precisely is your problem with the commentator describing events at the match?

Football commentators, especially local ones, tend to be pretty lame and Stringer's nothing special in either direction, but the last thing I'd want is him replaced by a one-eyed mongloid who can only commentate by alternately shouting ''Blue Army!' and 'Keep the Faith!'.

Mind, at least such a cretin would know all the words to 'when you're Smiling'...

When I listen to the radio I don't want some blue tinted version of what is happening, I want to know if we are lucky/shit/amazing/average etc

There is no point is listening if you are being lied to.

As for him getting excited about an opposition goal, I have never heard that and I have listened to nearly every game this season.

I have to work a lot of Saturdays so the nearest I can get to a game as I work from home is the RL commentary. I can safely say now the commentary for Dyer's second goal against Hereford was a fantastic bit of biased commentating and had me screaming like a girl around the house.

He is great entertainment even if sometimes he is prone to an Alan Partridge moment. Hope he stays for a long time. Even his interviews with NP are good as you can hear the distain in NP's voice for IS.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670