Social Clubs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Afternoon all

I'm in the middle of organising a darts exhibition for charity with a famous darts player and wondered if anyone knew of any social clubs around Leicester that hold 100+ people where i can put this exhibition on if the one i'm trying to get falls through.

What about local football clubs? Hinckley, Barwell, Barlestone etc?

What about the Walkers

I think the walkers is too big for my first one. My aim for a start is to do 3 of these each year.

I want to test the water at a smaller sized place like a social club for a start and then if successful maybe go to somewhere like the walkers once i know if i can pull it off.

To be honest the Marston stadium is a good shout. I'm trying to get the Enderby social club. I think it can hold about 150 but i gave up my membership last year cus you didnt really need it and anyone could walk in. Wished i'd kept it now. I think they'll let me hold it there but they are a bunch of old codgers and can sometimes be funny.

I think the walkers is too big for my first one. My aim for a start is to do 3 of these each year.

I want to test the water at a smaller sized place like a social club for a start and then if successful maybe go to somewhere like the walkers once i know if i can pull it off.

To be honest the Marston stadium is a good shout. I'm trying to get the Enderby social club. I think it can hold about 150 but i gave up my membership last year cus you didnt really need it and anyone could walk in. Wished i'd kept it now. I think they'll let me hold it there but they are a bunch of old codgers and can sometimes be funny.

Try Kirby Muxloe sports and social club on Ratby Lane

I think they'll let me hold it there but they are a bunch of old codgers and can sometimes be funny.

Lazzer a member there then, and TBF he does come out with some good one liners now and then

Hinckley Working Men's Club?

I think the walkers is too big for my first one.

The Walkers has rooms suitable for as few as 40 people. How little are you thinking?

Anstey used to have 4 clubs, don't know if they are all still there or not now.

I was thinking the main room to be fair Boc. It needs somewhere where i can put a small stage and whilst that big room would be ideal i think it would cost a bomb and i wouldn't be confident doing my first one here.

Fair enough. I just wanted to make you aware that they have rooms of various sizes; most of them can have a stage.

Another advantage of using the Walkers might be that subject to availability you might be able to change the size of the room at short notice, if required - but I do hear what you are saying about the cost and I am sure that I would be taking a similar decision in your place.

Fair enough. I just wanted to make you aware that they have rooms of various sizes; most of them can have a stage.

Another advantage of using the Walkers might be that subject to availability you might be able to change the size of the room at short notice, if required - but I do hear what you are saying about the cost and I am sure that I would be taking a similar decision in your place.

I think if they are successful then i could probably put on a exhibition at the walkers with a few darts players and not just the 1 player i'm going with for a start. I take your point on changing the size of the room if needed. I'd like to get maybe 2/3 exhibitions under my belt before i attempt one at a place like that.

Barlestone St Giles has a social club. However the social club at ibstock already seems to do a fair few of these darts nights.

Actually where is that? i dont know hinckley that well?

Road is called Stockwell Head apparently, I don't know Hinckley that well either to be honest but I've been there once before and its quite big.

I'm a member at The Regent Sports & Social on Regent Road. Not sure how many it holds would've thought they could do 100 if standing but maybe worth giving them a call. 0116 223 8006.

I also remember going to a darts night many years ago at Cosby WMC. I was only little but it seemed quite big.

Who's the dart player then?

I may be interested in attending (if that's allowed) so keep me updated.

Last edited:
I've heard they're rebranding all the Working Men's Clubs to Doll Bludger's Discos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669