some help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
the sister in law has a carp as part of her sleeve tattoo and its looks shit.

It's still better than a goldfish, in fairness

What are you saying about his taste in tats? Speak up, don't be Koi......

They're shit :102:

Each to their own I guess. Although if I was going to permenantly mark my body i'd choose something other than a selection of fish.

Last edited:
Each to their own I guess. Although if I was going to permenantly mark my body i'd choose something other than a selection of fish.

Check the meaning out, about what koi tattoo's mean

if fact here it is .....

Koi Tattoos

According to Japanese legend, if a koi succeeded in climbing the falls at a point called Dragon Gate on the Yellow River, it would be transformed into a dragon. Based on that legend, it became a symbol of worldly aspiration and advancement.
More generally, the Japanese associate koi (also known as carp) with perseverance in adversity and strength of purpose. Because of its strength and determination to overcome obstacles, it stands for courage and the ability to attain high goals.

• It means good fortune or luck.

• Symbolic in the Buddhism to represent courage. Humans "swim" through the "ocean of suffering" without fear, just like a fish swims through water.
  • The Koi is symbolic with family. On Children's Day Koi flags are raised: Black Koi, the father; Orange/Red, the mother; Blue/White for a boy; and red/pink for a girl.
  • There is another word to describe "love" which is "koi". The kanji character for "kokoro (heart)" is included as part of both kanji characters. Both "ai" and "koi" are probably translated as "love" in English. However, they have slightly different nuance: "Koi" is a love for the opposite sex, or a longing feeling for a specific person. It can be described as "romantic love" or "passionate love". While "ai" has the same meaning as "koi," it also has a definition of a general feeling of love. "Koi" can be selfish, but "ai" is a real love. Here are some lines that explain them well: Koi is always wanting. Ai is always giving."
  • A koi tattoo is supposed to represent different things it just depends on the color and the amount of them and the direction they are swimming in the stream. 5 golden koi is supposed to represent eternal wealth and well being. Each color represents a specific meaning. Some people believe that the color of Koi Tattoo on your body should be in harmony with you and your surroundings.

Dont take the piss .....(i know some will) but i have been messing with paint on the pc and ive come up with my own tattoo.

The colours will not be as bold or cartoon like, i found a template for a koi on its own and added the rest ,my wifes name will be more curved and my lad name will be at a angle near the koi's mouth ,on the whole it will look somthing like this..........

Attachments

• -koi-tattoo 2.jpg
    -koi-tattoo 2.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 49
  • -koi-tattoo.jpg
    -koi-tattoo.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Check the meaning out, about what koi tattoo's mean

if fact here it is .....

Hey, Newts, why don't you just print out the template and your missus and kids could have hours of fun colouring them in. Better gift than having the tattoo done, I'd have thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669