some of our fans are wide of the mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

buster go***ds

It puzzles me how some fans feel the current shareholders are trying to make a profit from the club! the fact of the matter is that it is virtually impossible to do so, getting what they put in makes sound business sense to me, although I firmly believe this is not their aim.
If mandaric' s bid was initially 3m then that was lauhgable and not because it cost the current shareholders 6m, 3m is quite frankly taking the piss! If MM has upped his bid to 6m then thats fine, I just hope the present board ensures the clubs future is protected, I do not trust MM, and feel legal assurances on the clubs future must be made concrete, and I believe this is why the deal is dragging out, I reckon it will cost 2m to get out of this league, the only problem is the ground, it would be interesting to hear MM views on this matter!

It puzzles me how some fans feel the current shareholders are trying to make a profit from the club!
Because they turned down one offer, when it was raised they are considering it. This offer is going into their pockets.

Last edited:
MM probably didn't know what they invested, I'm sure he offered what he thought the club was worth. Once he found out that they paid more for their shares, he did a nice thing and paid over the odds just so they could have their money back, a nice gesture.

Has anybody considered this scenario instead of just thinking MM wants to screw people

i'm not sure of how many shareholders there are exactly. roughly 50?

do you honestly think everyone of them has the good of the club at heart? every one? no of course not, some have done it for personal gain. that's life

It is my understanding that a lot of them are quite happy with the perks of being a shareholder. the red carpet treatment by the club etc. Some of them quite enjoy being a shareholder of Leicester City and would like to keep it that way even if it means no MM

Because they turned down one offer, when it was raised they are considering it. This offer is going into their pockets.

The shareholders didn't. The chairman and Lander told Mandaric that offer wasn't going to wash.

It's only partly about recompense. Had Mandaric said he was going to stump up £25 million, or £20million, or probably even £15million and plough it in through equity, then I'd reckon it would have been snapped up even if he offered £3million for the shares. I'd go further and guess even an offer of £1million would have been enough to swing it (just as Hayward will give Wolves away to anyone who will directly invest rather than loan money) if the rest of the funds were coming in through equity.

It's simply that if the money is coming in through loans, Mandaric is putting so little at risk. £3million on those terms isn't enough to secure his commitment to the success of the club.

MM probably didn't know what they invested, I'm sure he offered what he thought the club was worth. Once he found out that they paid more for their shares, he did a nice thing and paid over the odds just so they could have their money back, a nice gesture.

what the...!?!? :icon_eek: :confused:

Melton were you being serious when you posted that or is it a pisstake??
No, you're an intelligent bloke, sorry you were obviously taking the piss, stupid of me.
Can you imagine if any of that was true? Hahaha, he'd be the last fool we'd want taking charge of the club!

i'm not sure of how many shareholders there are exactly. roughly 50?

do you honestly think everyone of them has the good of the club at heart? every one? no of course not, some have done it for personal gain. that's life

It is my understanding that a lot of them are quite happy with the perks of being a shareholder. the red carpet treatment by the club etc. Some of them quite enjoy being a shareholder of Leicester City and would like to keep it that way even if it means no MM

Yes, I believe every one of them invested in shares in the club because they had the club at heart. I don't believe that a single one of them ever hoped to get any personal financial gain - rather the opposite, in fact; I believe that every one of them believed at the time that it was probably the last that they would see of their money. I don't begrudge them the perks one little bit.

My only question would be whether they will be ready to relinquish their holdings in the hope that somebody else can give the club a better future. I am delighted with the current rumour that they are to get all their money back if they do sell up - it is more than they would have expected but no more than they deserve for putting the money in when it was most needed.

These guys are business men, they don't get to the top without being ruthless for time to time. They make investments, take risks and reap the rewards when their risks bear fruit. I believe the majority genuinely wanted to save the club whereas some could see an opportunity. This MM money is the fruit i speak of ...... ok i'm gonna stop speakin about fruit now!:icon_eek:

These guys are business men, they don't get to the top without being ruthless for time to time. They make investments, take risks and reap the rewards when their risks bear fruit. I believe the majority genuinely wanted to save the club whereas some could see an opportunity. This MM money is the fruit i speak of ...... ok i'm gonna stop speakin about fruit now!:icon_eek:

sorry MRB but I think that is nonsense, to be blunt, I think anybody that invested 4 years ago saw us as a charity case not a business opurtunity.

sorry MRB but I think that is nonsense, to be blunt, I think anybody that invested 4 years ago saw us as a charity case not a business opurtunity.

fair enough, i understand what your saying. Maybe i'm just too cynical. i think 4 years on though a lot of them see this as payday

Has anybody considered this scenario instead of just thinking MM wants to screw people

Melts, one look at the accounts would have told him what was invested, over £6 million pounds. I'm sure he would have splashed out £1 at Companies House to see the latest accounts for other reasons as well ( i.e. to see what he was buying ).

Last edited:
Yes, I believe every one of them invested in shares in the club because they had the club at heart. I don't believe that a single one of them ever hoped to get any personal financial gain - rather the opposite, in fact; I believe that every one of them believed at the time that it was probably the last that they would see of their money. I don't begrudge them the perks one little bit.

My only question would be whether they will be ready to relinquish their holdings in the hope that somebody else can give the club a better future. I am delighted with the current rumour that they are to get all their money back if they do sell up - it is more than they would have expected but no more than they deserve for putting the money in when it was most needed.

'the last they would see of their money'

Nobody has gven LCFC 1/2 Million pounds for a comfy seat and a custard cream.

Andrew Taylor will want his money back....250.000

Dim Tim will want to pay back his 100k loan.

St Gary as said he is prepared to SELL some of his shares

They put the money in to save the club,
its not known what their involement be should MM take over..but I think we all know he will walk away wth more than he puts into the club, rightly so because hopefuly we will be more valueable

It looks like the shareholders will get their money in stage payments (according to the Mockery last night) so from their point of view ....

They are being saked to take say 33% up front .... relinquish control of the club ... while MM gets the club going with their money still in the club but with them having no say ..... and if it all goes tits up they won't see the rest of their cash. Thats what they hjave to consider ... even if it isn't like;y to end in tears.

So they risk losing their cash (and 4 years lost interest) while MM "loans" the club money ...

I can understand why they feel like they do .... as for the other offers? Well I'll believe it when I see it.

Foxpodder (not a shafre-holder)

[

you could say it is a similar situation to the shareholders asking the players to defer their wages when we came out of administration on the proviso they recieved their back pay when we won promotion, that gamble paid off and as far as i understand the money the shareholders invested will be paid back it is just a matter of when.

Agreed what they are being asked to do it is a risk but without investment the club is treading water. £6 million is what they put into the club and we will be eternally greatful, but if the club through lack of investment continues on a downward spiral what will their investment be worth then?

Last edited:
[

you could say it is a similar situation to the shareholders asking the players to defer their wages when we came out of administration on the proviso they recieved their back pay when we won promotion, that gamble paid off and as far as i understand the money the shareholders invested will be paid back it is just a matter of when.

Agreed what they are being asked to do it is a risk but without investment the club is treading water. £6 million is what they put into the club and we will be eternally greatful, but if the club through lack of investment continues on a downward spiral what will their investment be worth then?

The players were on a winner however, as league rules mean football debts have to be paid first, so the would have got their money if the club crashed again. Shareholders are at the end of the queue for payment. Mandy appears to want to have his cake and eat it here. This says to me he may not be as cash rich as his cheerleaders in the Leicester Mandaric would have us believe.

you could say it is a similar situation to the shareholders asking the players to defer their wages when we came out of administration on the proviso they recieved their back pay when we won promotion

I don't think the players getting their money was anything to do with getting promotion, they'd have got their money whether we'd gone up or not.
In the summer the club would have been in a better position cash-flow wise because they'd receive season ticket money and money from the Prem (parachute payment if we'd stayed down).

The players were on a winner however, as league rules mean football debts have to be paid first, so the would have got their money if the club crashed again. Shareholders are at the end of the queue for payment. Mandy appears to want to have his cake and eat it here. This says to me he may not be as cash rich as his cheerleaders in the Leicester Mandaric would have us believe.

the question is whether is is a better alternative than the current incumbants

Until I know the actual details of his bid I find it impossible to say.However, I do fear that he is trying to buy the club on the cheap and with borrowed money. I recall us being heavily in debt a few years ago and what that lead to.

Until I know the actual details of his bid I find it impossible to say.

How will knowledge of the details of the deal help you decide whether MM would be better at running the club than the present lot? There is a lot that it could tel you but I fail to see how that could be gleaned from the terms of the deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669