song suggestions, cause most people are already sick of that bloody fratellis song

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: song suggestions, cause most people are already sick of that bloody fratellis son

My first game was at the age of 5 when there was no Chelsea Dagger, I'm still here.
Her first game was when she was six months, and there was no Chelsea Dagger then. I think you two probably have a lot in common.

Re: song suggestions, cause most people are already sick of that bloody fratellis son

Makes a nice change to actually hear the feckin' thing

They could replace it with a stunned silence, maybe.

i still firmly believe they should blast out the YMCA, or another disco classic....

Get rid of it or at least try something unique to the club. Kasabian Club foot (I hate it but its that sort of sanitised coca-cola soccer in association with Marks and Sparks Visa loyalty card type of tune).

And another thing whilst we are talking about music at the walkers. Can we have the old post horn gallop please.

One last thing on the DJs selection.

It was nice to hear welcome to the jungle by GNR before the game.....but the line "Welcome to the jungle, it get's worse here everyday" hardly boosts confidence.

So long since I's seen them score on Saturday that I felt a quick chorus of Let's do the Time Warp was called for.

Get rid of it or at least try something unique to the club. Kasabian Club foot
I think they're City fans too.

Goal music kills the atmosphere. People who would otherwise carry on cheering and singing stop when the music stops (a fair number of us stop when it starts). It is naff and screams 'second rate football club'. This would be true even if the music was alright. But that Chelsea Dagger tune has to be one of the most obnoxious pieces of crap I've ever heard.

They could always try playing some tweeting birds or something, that could be fun. They could use a different bird for every goal, and have a competition to guess the bird's identity.

Chelsea Dagger - Great song but I'm over it.

Now it's about as annoying to me as singing "I wish it could be Christmas every day" at xmas parties.

If the club do insist on having a song when we score (which IMO we shouldn't) then surely it should be a Kasabian song, seeing as they are City fans.

does it really matter we should be grateful we hear a goal scoring song at all :)

If the club do insist on having a song when we score (which IMO we shouldn't) then surely it should be a Kasabian song, seeing as they are City fans.

So are Showaddywaddy, Engelbert, Cornershop, Mark Morrison, Gaye Bykers on Acid etc. etc. so why don't we pick them on the same principle

Plus all the Kasabian dirges are complete and utter shit

Music after goals is a completely shit idea, IMO - but that's my own personal prefernce of wanting to go to a football game rather than have a full on 'match day experience'

But if the current situation is so godawful as some would have us believe, then why did I see about twenty thousand people merrily bouncing up and down to it on Saturday ?

Fact is, plenty of people have emailed the club in the past to moan about the music, and their response has always been that some love it and some don't, and you can't please everyone

If you don't like it, then stop bouncing up and down to it, and doing the silly dance that accompanies it.

And then stop the other twenty odd thousand people from doing it as well - and then the club might have a case to answer

Best of luck

Can't believe people are getting so hot under the collar over all this.

Can't believe people are getting so hot under the collar over all this.

They'll be moaning about the colour of the corner flags next :icon_roll

Well they should be made in Leicester for a start

Feckin green grass... should be blue!

But if the current situation is so godawful as some would have us believe, then why did I see about twenty thousand people merrily bouncing up and down to it on Saturday ?

If you don't like it, then stop bouncing up and down to it, and doing the silly dance that accompanies it.

And then stop the other twenty odd thousand people from doing it as well - and then the club might have a case to answer

Best of luck

Absolutely right. Most of those there, including me and my grandsons, were bouncing up and down as well!

It is obviously popular so will continue.

When Birch tried to get us calling out the players names, people stopped doing it after about the third time so he dropped it.

While 20,000+ keep dancing the club will keep playing it.

Can't wait till we score 5 without reply and they play Hawai five-oh!

I just hate the lack of imagination I think I might write in to complain.

You'd expect them to be 4 different colours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669