Sony Hack

Status
Not open for further replies.

TornadoShaunUK

No doubt alot of you will remember this from a couple of weeks back. The culprits behind this have actually managed to hack into personal details from a number of games companies since then, including Bethesda and Codemasters. This may not seem like much of a big deal but remember that if you or a family member has ever signed up with any of these companies for anything then you could be at risk. Apparently this 'secret organisation' called Lulz Sec has acquired 62,000 details of people's email and password data from Bethesda over the past few days and has been posting them up online and encouraging people to try hacking into people's Paypal, eBay and other email accounts. Obviously the point being that it's a well known fact people often use the same password for alot of different accounts etc.

So basically I thought I'd put this up as a forewarning to people who think they could possibly be affected. I know Bethesda has been recommending people start changing passwords as a precaution.

I'm not quite sure of the situaton with Codemasters and if any data was obtained from them but it's worth being vigilant, particular as they make a lot of games with popular licenses such as F1 Racing amongst others.

Wouln't surprise me if they eventually start targeting the really big fish like eBay and Paypal directly if they aren't brought to justice soon.

Last edited:
There is a case for bringing back the death penalty for hackers. Destructive bunch of ****s.

There is a case for bringing back the death penalty for hackers. Destructive bunch of ****s.

Yeah. Think of all those fairways that have been ruined. Bastards.

They are likely nothing more than a handful of attention seeking, spotty faced geeks with too much time on their hands and little grasp of what they are actually doing.

I think it would be better to stick them in a jailcell to play with the big boys, maybe that'd sort them out.

They are likely nothing more than a handful of attention seeking, spotty faced geeks with too much time on their hands and little grasp of what they are actually doing.

Sounds like certain people on here!

No doubt alot of you will remember this from a couple of weeks back. The culprits behind this have actually managed to hack into personal details from a number of games companies since then, including Bethesda and Codemasters. This may not seem like much of a big deal but remember that if you or a family member has ever signed up with any of these companies for anything then you could be at risk. Apparently this 'secret organisation' called Lulz Sec has acquired 62,000 details of people's email and password data from Bethesda over the past few days and has been posting them up online and encouraging people to try hacking into people's Paypal, eBay and other email accounts. Obviously the point being that it's a well known fact people often use the same password for alot of different accounts etc.

So basically I thought I'd put this up as a forewarning to people who think they could possibly be affected. I know Bethesda has been recommending people start changing passwords as a precaution.

I'm not quite sure of the situaton with Codemasters and if any data was obtained from them but it's worth being vigilant, particular as they make a lot of games with popular licenses such as F1 Racing amongst others.

Wouln't surprise me if they eventually start targeting the really big fish like eBay and Paypal directly if they aren't brought to justice soon.

Latest development today:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-13859868

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472