Sorry Sven but....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you've dropped a clanger with the signing of Ricardo - imo he is an "accident waiting to happen" and if Sven keeps picking him our hopes of making the play-offs won't materialize - I really hope I'm wrong but I just can't understand why Sven has dropped Weale for this clown - he hardly had anything to do against the sheep but I can't remember him catching the ball once - fair enough he wasn't tested today so perhaps I'm being a little harsh in my judgement but Sven, if you're going to stick wiith Ricardo then at least find someone to teach him how to catch the bloody ball - on second thoughts can we have Weale back inbetween the posts please

Whoooooooooooooosh!

Calm down dear, give him a chance eh.

i noticed ricardo in his warm up for the barnley game and he was punch punch punch ,,no faith in him sorry,(could have had blisters on his hands (but i dont think so )bring wheale back fast.

That's convinced me. I don't need any other evidence.

i noticed ricardo in his warm up for the barnley game and he was punch punch punch ,,no faith in him sorry,(could have had blisters on his hands (but i dont think so )bring wheale back fast.

:icon_rollffs have a word with yourself!

and who the feck is WHeale?

I care not how he performed on the pitch. For me, Ricardo is the greatest player ever to wear a City shirt purely because of his post match interview when he started speaking in Portuguese to Stringy.
The Stringster didn't have a ****ing clue what was going on, I think somebody had to turn him off and on again to force his brain to reboot.

:038:It was a quality radio moment!

Last edited:
I care not how he performed on the pitch. For me, Ricardo is the greatest player ever to wear a City shirt purely because of his post match interview when he started speaking in Portuguese to Stringy.
The Stringster didn't have a ****ing clue what was going on, I think somebody had to turn him off and on again to force his brain to reboot.

I didn't get a chance to listen to the game or watch it as I was away, but does anyone have a clip of this or a link to it? I've checked on the BBC Radio Leicester site and on Sky Sports but can't find it.

goalkeepers who prefer to punch the ball dont always fill me with confidence but his distribrution was great,much better than launching the ball and losing possession! give the guy a chance.

goalkeepers who prefer to punch the ball dont always fill me with confidence

If you're not too sure about the catch sometimes it is better to opt for a good fisting.

Ricardo named in the sky football league team of the week!!!! wtf?!

Last edited:
goalkeepers who prefer to punch the ball dont always fill me with confidence

Punching out can set up counter attacks. Preferring to punch than ball than to catch it is a positive, attacking attribute imo.

Punching out can set up counter attacks. Preferring to punch than ball than to catch it is a positive, attacking attribute imo.

As long as it's done well. Foreign keepers are much better at it the English keepers and I believe is the reason for a lot of the negative comments about Ricardo. I did find myself at one point shouting "catch it" though.

There is a tendency to criticise foreign goalkeepers but a lot of Premiership managers seem to prefer their punching to British catching.

I cannot comment on Ricardo since I did not see the game. However, it seems to me that Sven puts a great deal of emphasis on defenders helping the attack -something Naughton is superb at. It may be that he feels Weale gives away possession too easily.

After the Millwall game I rushed to judgement on Ben Mee but Sven kept him in the side and it seems to have been the right decision. It seems early to criticise a goalkeeper working with a back four that is new to him and keeping a clean sheet. So far Sven has shown the chief quality you need in a leader - judgement. Whether he picks Weale or Ricardo I would guess it will be the right decision.

Now if you want to see some interesting goalkeeping in the first ten seconds of a match go to YouTube and look for "Ebbsfleet Goalkeeper".

After the Millwall game I rushed to judgement on Ben Mee but Sven kept him in the side and it seems to have been the right decision.

I am still amazed by the number of people who criticised Mee after his first ever League game when he gave away a penalty in the first minute. I was there and I thought he just grew and grew in stature as the game went on when many another player would have been destroyed. It seemed obvious to me that he was going to become a regular in our defence.

Sometimes you have to look beyond the gut reaction to immediately criticise, and then see the potential.

Gigi Buffon punches the ball out 9 times out of 10, would you have faith in him?

How can anyone doubt that Ricardo is a quality keeper?!

Yeah, whether Weale should have been dropped or not is up for debate, but to write a goalkeeper off just because he punches the ball is just crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669