Souness

Status
Not open for further replies.
I detest Newell, I'd hate to see him here.

Everyone was saying how hard done to he was because he had to sell all his best players whilst at Luton.

He was also on a transfer fee percentage bonus for any players he sold.

Doesn't take a fcuking genius does it?!?!?!

Joe Royle must be pushing 70,an experienced Manager maybe but come on.Besides he hardly did that great a job at Ipswich and I'd class them as a side similar in stature to us.

Joe Royle will not take this club forward.

Last edited:
Can somebody just explain to me the credentials of Souness....? For me he is living off his playing reputation. He would never have got the jobs he had in the past if it were not for his playing careeer.

He is another "big name" who has failed and continually gets chance after chance because his name is "souness". If he had played his football in league three then he would never have got the chances he had and he'd already be disregarded onto the managers scrap heap. I don't want a manager who can attract big names but ultimately can't manage.

Can somebody just explain to me the credentials of Souness....? For me he is living off his playing reputation. He would never have got the jobs he had in the past if it were not for his playing careeer.

He is another "big name" who has failed and continually gets chance after chance because his name is "souness". If he had played his football in league three then he would never have got the chances he had and he'd already be disregarded onto the managers scrap heap. I don't want a manager who can attract big names but ultimately can't manage.

His record is; Rangers 63 games at an average of 2 points/game, Liverpool 157 at 1.5 points, Southampton 48 at 1.2, Blackburn 212 at 1.5, Newcastle 83 at 1.5.

MON's record at Leicester was 223 at 1.4.

Considering where we, are who are we likely to get any better?

I Dont want Royal Souness DOwie or Newell to take the Helm would much prefer Grayson Mccallister or why not go for Vialli he was interested in QPR job so he is available and no compo to pay or what about trying for Evans as he did a good job at Liverpool.

If there has ever been a misnamed poster, this is it. :icon_roll

His record is; Rangers 63 games at an average of 2 points/game, Liverpool 157 at 1.5 points, Southampton 48 at 1.2, Blackburn 212 at 1.5, Newcastle 83 at 1.5.

We are not going to get Souness. He is in a class above where we are and the speculation is simply froth.

The speculation about Joe Royle might have more substance, I'm afraid. I guess he could be desperate enough to want the job. I don't need to waste space by spelling out how depressing that would be. Mike Newell seems to be a bit short on cool judgement but at least he did have Luton playing decent football at one stage. Nigel Worthington would be a relatively save pair of hands but we would all need waking up every so often if he is dug up again.

those are all in the top league, finishing midtable in the top league is fine. we need to get out of this crock as soon as possible, and usually 2 points a game will do it. as for your questions, feck knows. we seem to think we can only look at unemployed people who are that for a reason

We are not going to get Souness. He is in a class above where we are and the speculation is simply froth.

The speculation about Joe Royle might have more substance, I'm afraid. I guess he could be desperate enough to want the job. I don't need to waste space by spelling out how depressing that would be. Mike Newell seems to be a bit short on cool judgement but at least he did have Luton playing decent football at one stage. Nigel Worthington would be a relatively save pair of hands but we would all need waking up every so often if he is dug up again.

I think I'd rather have Megson, the thought of Royle is v depressing.

Apart from Bolton, who seem to lost all sense and reason, I don't think Souness is going to get offered another Premiership job and he could find an offer from Leicester attractive. Would love to know why he reportedly turned Bolton down.

I do so love online discussions about prospective managers...I hope we can do this all over again in a few weeks time.

Yea, mainly because he's no Kevin Keegan.

films_keegan_green_x.jpg

I do so love online discussions about prospective managers...I hope we can do this all over again in a few weeks time.

Don't put that Mr Disco Queen, Milan might think he is doing what we want by changing managers on a monthly cycle....

mm PMT - Pre Manager Tension (always wondered what it meant)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669