sousa out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's hope Chris Powell has noticed and has not been afraid to have a quiet word with him about his 'dressing room' skills.

Our Captain, Garry Monk, is no shrinking violet but even he realised it was falling on deaf ears. Monk once shook hands with a ref at the end of a game that we lost and Sousa came ON THE PITCH and screamed at him as he came off. PS felt the ref's poor performance didn't deserve a hand shake but Monk, as our Club Captain, felt that he should rise above it and do so.

Monk was so embarrassed and angry with PS's rant on the pitch that he stormed down the tunnel whilst Sousa had our players do their traditional post-match huddle without him.

Interesting. I met up with a Swansea fan earlier in the summer who was also glad to see the back of PS and said that there would be problems with some of our more established players becoming disenchanted. I put it down to a case of sour grapes. Now, however, I'm not convinced that was the case. :mad:

The impression given was that Swansea were very relaxed to see Sousa go. I'm sure that the Beightons on this forum will point out that I'm a miserable old pessimistic b-gger anyway - and maybe they are right. But nonetheless, It becomes clearer by the day that this is one of Milan's seriously bad appointments - rather than one of his rare diamonds i.e. 'arry' Redknapp and Pearson. This one is sure to end in tears and is best finished asap.

The impression given was that Swansea were very relaxed to see Sousa go. I'm sure that the Beightons on this forum will point out that I'm a miserable old pessimistic b-gger anyway - and maybe they are right. But nonetheless, It becomes clearer by the day that this is one of Milan's seriously bad appointments - rather than one of his rare diamonds i.e. 'arry' Redknapp and Pearson. This one is sure to end in tears and is best finished asap.

It would cost you a fortune to do that - can you afford it?

Probably £1m+ to pay him off.

Are you aware of our takeover, you know the one the club annouced but hasn't been ratified by the league.

We've got £10m to spend i'll have you know. £1m is a drop in the ocean FFS.

Wouldn't surprise me if Milan sets him up by staging another dirty protest in the driver's seat of his car and blaming it on Big Sous. That'd give him the perfect excuse to sack him.

He really is a horrible man and not worthy of a decent club. I actually thought MM and PS suited each other well. If Dave Jones goes to Villa, I hope PS goes to Card**f as that would be a match made in heaven ;)
I tried to tell them back a while that Sousa was no good Jackie. Shame they'll find out the hard way but less competition.

Keep dreaming about DJ leaving. And of having a manager who is linked with top Premiership jobs.

Paulo will be back in Cardiff in a couple of weeks, and leaving with his tail between his legs like he did last season (and I dont mean the playoff before you pendants get involved.... Jeff that means you). ;)

Good point.

But can we afford not to?

Milan's appointments and sackings have already cost a tidy sum - and this one is going to be painful.

This is why we are in a big mess.

He's only been here a few weeks but has already demonstrated bad judgement on signings and team selection whilst appearing to be deluded on where its all going to.

Honestly, yes. You and a few others.

This is the way it is, you, me nor anyone else on here can effect any change at the club whilst Mandy is in charge. So, assuming wish to continue supporting the team then you have two options:

Accept that this is the way things are, look at the positives and remain optimistic

or

Wallow in a pool of depression, bemoan everything and assume we are doomed and fecked. And then gloat to the high hilt if you turn out to be right.

Neither will have any effect on the club (though I believe the booing doom merchants will speed up any decline by booing), but it does mean that at least I am able to enjoy the games a little more by taking the positives.

But, there are people who enjoy being depressed about the football, I always had you down as one, but I am surprised to find Boc included this time.

I disagree with this post strongly.

For starters, to dismiss the notion the fans can influence Milan is wrong. If there's two things which Milan is all about, it's money and ego. If the majority of fans want Sousa out, Milan will do it to ensure his ego is still massaged and approved by the supporters. If the majority of fans didn't turn up and hit the club in the pocket, he'd soon be influenced too.

I think your categorising of people's opinions into two sections is poor form. The beauty of football (and forums) is the way the next man can have a different opinion to the next man and so forth. However, it's incredibly easy to blend these opinions into two opposites because of your own viewpoint.

I don't think people take any enjoyment from being depressed about a club's performance. A fan's feeling for his football club is unique, we care beyond all reason for something we can only slightly impact (unless our feeling is shared in great numbers) and like anything we care about, we imagine the worst....so when the situation is slightly better, it's a positive.

Paulo will be back in Cardiff in a couple of weeks, and leaving with his tail between his legs like he did last season (and I dont mean the playoff before you pendants get involved.... Jeff that means you). ;)

Why he getting a new club then? The game's at our gaff!!

Are you aware of our takeover, you know the one the club annouced but hasn't been ratified by the league.

But until it's ratified, you won't spend any money, will you?

That means you're stuck with him until you can afford to ditch him. A bit like we were.

If you're Card**f, you could just add it to the other £60m debt, but fortunately/unfortunately you're not.

Also, £1m goes towards a decent player - one that can help you go up/stay up in this division.

How the **** has such a ridiculous topic got 15 pages to it, what a joke.

It got 15 and now many more pages because whether you agree with it or not this is not a ridiculous topic.

Have you read the posts? It is clear that members of the forum are deeply divided on the issue with serious posts on both sides. That is what makes it an excellent thread.

I was especially interested in the posts of Moscow Jack.We have in the past suffered from the odd moronic "visitor" like "The Whites" but I very much enjoy hearing from opposition fans like Rhydal who have something intelligent to say. I hope Moscow Jack will become a regular.

Hence the change of manager to a continental fashion icon rather than a dour quiet one that plays the football to suit the division.
This tired old cliche is getting a few airings of late. May I remind you that two of the three teams that got promotion from this division last season were West Brom and Blackpool? Granted, Newcastle huffed and puffed their way out of the league, but it's not a prerequisite to success in the Championship.

It got 15 and now many more pages because whether you agree with it or not this is not a ridiculous topic.

Have you read the posts? It is clear that members of the forum are deeply divided on the issue with serious posts on both sides. That is what makes it an excellent thread.

I was especially interested in the posts of Moscow Jack.We have in the past suffered from the odd moronic "visitor" like "The Whites" but I very much enjoy hearing from opposition fans like Rhydal who have something intelligent to say. I hope Moscow Jack will become a regular.

That's very kind of you Gwilliam but as a Swans fan first and foremost, I rarely hang around other team's sites for long.

I felt that I had to join into this discussion after reading comments about our former manager. When he joined us, we blamed his departure from QPR on QPR's boardroom problems and couldn't believe that he was the man at fault.

I honestly don't want to see any fans (other than our debt-riddled cousins up the road) have the wool pulled over their eyes. Sousa's a very, very poor manager and Swansea City were lucky that we had a good season under him. I honestly believe we would have been relegated if he'd stayed this season. Our form after Xmas was bottom 3, so this isn't based on just opinion.

Anyway, I hope he stays until we beat you at home (touch wood) and he's fired immediately after the final whistle.

After a few years of going forward and progressing, it would be a shame for your fans if PS destroys all the good work in just a few months.

Would MM admit a mistake though?

Last edited:

£1m is 10% I wouldn't call that a drop in the ocean, but it will be 10% worth spending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00