sousa out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, yes. You and a few others.

This is the way it is, you, me nor anyone else on here can effect any change at the club whilst Mandy is in charge. So, assuming wish to continue supporting the team then you have two options:

Accept that this is the way things are, look at the positives and remain optimistic

or

Wallow in a pool of depression, bemoan everything and assume we are doomed and fecked. And then gloat to the high hilt if you turn out to be right.

Neither will have any effect on the club (though I believe the booing doom merchants will speed up any decline by booing), but it does mean that at least I am able to enjoy the games a little more by taking the positives.

But, there are people who enjoy being depressed about the football, I always had you down as one, but I am surprised to find Boc included this time.

The last time we remained optimistic we were relegated to league 1. Just a thought. It doesn't effect the club but that's what forums are for?

The last time we remained optimistic we were relegated to league 1. Just a thought. It doesn't effect the club but that's what forums are for?

We remained optimistic when Pearson was on a 5 game losing spree and we thought (many were convinced) we'd drop out of the play offs.

People can feel how they like, it just says a lot about their character I think.

This is the way it is, you, me nor anyone else on here can effect any change at the club whilst Mandy is in charge. So, assuming wish to continue supporting the team then you have two options:

Accept that this is the way things are, look at the positives and remain optimistic

or

Wallow in a pool of depression, bemoan everything and assume we are doomed and fecked. And then gloat to the high hilt if you turn out to be right.

Neither will have any effect on the club (though I believe the booing doom merchants will speed up any decline by booing), but it does mean that at least I am able to enjoy the games a little more by taking the positives.

But, there are people who enjoy being depressed about the football, I always had you down as one, but I am surprised to find Boc included this time.

well said young man :038:

... there are people who enjoy being depressed about the football, I always had you down as one, but I am surprised to find Boc included this time.

Odd.

I'm not enjoying being depressed about the football; I'm not even depressed about the football. I'm just stating it as I see it and am as entitled to my opinion as the next man.

Football is as football is. And as I have already indicated, we ticker-offers can at least look forward to a few new grounds, stadiums with standing accommodation and a decent chippy on the threshold. Why should I be depressed? It's those that were banking on Premier League football next season who have something to worry about.

Odd.

I'm not enjoying being depressed about the football; I'm not even depressed about the football. I'm just stating it as I see it and am as entitled to my opinion as the next man.

Football is as football is. And as I have already indicated, we ticker-offers can at least look forward to a few new grounds, stadiums with standing accommodation and a decent chippy on the threshold. Why should I be depressed? It's those that were banking on Premier League football next season who have something to worry about.

Apologies then, your comments lately just seemed a little more doomsayer than normal

Apologies then, your comments lately just seemed a little more doomsayer than normal

Where did I say that I don't think we are doomed? If 'doomed' was not in itself finite, I would say that we are very doomed, or even absolutely doomed under the present manager.

My point is that I am not depressed about it; I cannot therefore be said to be revelling in depression.

Neither am I happy about our position. We are truly in the shit and I think we will stay rooted there with this manager. But even this does not for me have its advantages.

No apologies are necessary because I am sure that my position is hard for anybody to understand.

Last edited:
Where did I say that I don't think we are doomed? If 'doomed' was not in itself finite, I would say that we are very doomed, or even absolutely doomed under the present manager.

My point is that I am not depressed about it; I cannot therefore be said to be revelling in depression.

Neither am I happy about our position. We are truly in the shit and I think we will stay rooted there with this manager. But even this does not for me have its advantages.

Boc - why have you written Sousa off so quickly - not a criticism, I am just interested in your thoughts?

Far from it. You think it makes me happy to see my club in such a ****ing state?

or

I'm not depressed about anything. I'm entitled to my opinion. Given the choice I'd prefer for everthing to be rosy.

You might want to accept this is a forum which is essentially a vehicle for peoples opinions. Regardless of whether they coincide with yours.

Hi all,

It's been interesting reading this thread. I knew he would fail at Leicester and cause mass problems but I didn't think that even Sousa could do it this quickly.

As you've noticed, Sousa's ego is huge. One of the Swans players recently said, on camera, that it's nice to see a manager who says "hello" to you in the mornings. Sousa's arrogant, thinks he's above everyone else and has awful man-management skills. He can turn a dressing room against him very quickly.

Another thing that we've noticed is our players are now a lot fitter than under Sousa who would be happy to spend most training sessions practicing set pieces. Some of the players felt they needed to work AFTER training to build up their stamina but they were told that they couldn't do that.

Sousa's gun-ho approach to your tactics seem strange but maybe he's trying to lose his tag of "boring Paulo" but unfortunately, he's not capable of getting the right balance. I think his natural "default" is 0-0 or sneak a 1-0. "Do not concede and we cannot lose" was his motto.

We are so relieved that we actually got paid money for Sousa to go - we'd offered him £300k but he wanted £600k to go. We couldn't afford that but I believe we were VERY close to giving in before MM came along.

I believe players play at their best when they're happy and under PS they certainly weren't. Talking to a few Swans players recently and seeing interviews, you can almost see the fresh air that is around the club now. We've gone from one extreme (PS) to another (Rodgers) when it comes to man-managers. Martinez was also wonderful to the players and very close to them so PS really made himself unpopular quickly when he failed to build a rapport with them.

We have to give some credit to PS for getting us to a high finish in the league but I believe, honestly, that someone like Brendan Rodgers (or Pearson) would have easily, comfortably, got us into the play offs. PS inherited an awful mess in the backroom staff, but a really talented squad of players. He was lucky.

Your club will continue to go backwards and soon PS will blame referees, God, oppositions, fans, pitches, weather and ANYONE but himself.

The sooner you get rid of PS, the better. I just hope that it's after we play you as the team that we have now SHOULD beat the team that you have under PS. You still have some very talented players, but none of them are going to bust a gut or go the extra mile for someone that they don't like (or even someone that they might actually hate).

We're now back to playing the free, open attacking game that we had under Martinez and even if results don't go our way (Norwich was a great example of that - it was 0-0 after 85 mins, we miss a pen and lose after playing Norwich off the park for most of the game), I'm still over-the-moon that we're playing entertaining football and exciting the fans again.

Don't give Sousa too much time otherw*s* you'll be staring into League 1 again. Don't take it from me, take it from some of the players that played under him last season.

How many years of hard work are being undone within weeks this season?

I won't wish you good luck as that won't help - sometimes you need some bad luck in order to get the result that suits you which would be PS getting fired.

Sousa Out....in a few weeks.

I'm not depressed about anything. I'm entitled to my opinion. Given the choice I'd prefer for everthing to be rosy.

You might want to accept this is a forum which is essentially a vehicle for peoples opinions. Regardless of whether they coincide with yours.

Did I say you shouldn't voice your opinions?

Hi all,

It's been interesting reading this thread. ... etc etc

Interesting. I met up with a Swansea fan earlier in the summer who was also glad to see the back of PS and said that there would be problems with some of our more established players becoming disenchanted. I put it down to a case of sour grapes. Now, however, I'm not convinced that was the case. :mad:

Interesting. I met up with a Swansea fan earlier in the summer who was also glad to see the back of PS and said that there would be problems with some of our more established players becoming disenchanted. I put it down to a case of sour grapes. Now, however, I'm not convinced that was the case. :mad:

The QPR fan I sat with at the train station on Saturday was saying exactly the same as these Swansea fans.

No one seems to miss him from his previous clubs.

It would have been sour grapes if you'd taken Martinez off us but not Sousa.

We were trying to pay him off to leave when MM and Co came along and actually PAID US to give him to you. Our Chairman, who really didn't like Sousa, thought all his Christmases had come at once.

Leon Britton, a centre midfielder who had been a major part of the club for 8 years (and a real fans favourite for his 100% effort), left us for a sort of sideways move to Sheff Utd. I'm still convinced he would have stayed if Sousa had left earlier. I can see the same happening to you guys soon if he's not stopped earlier.

Sousa's ego is too big for him to realise he's a rookie manager - people who say "Sir Alex, Mourinho, Wenger all have huge egos" are forgetting that these managers have won things as a manager. Sousa's won nothing as a manager and I don't think he ever will.

See our players training now - with smiles on their face. You should have seen them 6 months ago in training. Bored to death!

Which leads me to one more thing - we needed to win our last game of the season, if you might remember, to get in the Play Offs. The previous day, we had to train indoors because the outdoor pitches were waterlogged. Sousa had a screaming argument with the groundsman (who had shown other members of the backroom staff how bad the pitches were) and stormed out! He didn't take the indoor training and went to play golf!! I couldn't believe it when I was told. One the eve of such a huge match.

After we wouldn't spend stupid money on PS's targets in the Jan window, PS basically gave up and his relationship with our Chairman went very pear-shaped!

To spite our Chairman, he played a fringe player (that we really wanted to offload) for the last minute of a game to deliberately activate his rolling contract which gave him an extra year on his contract. That cost us £250k !!

He really is a horrible man and not worthy of a decent club. I actually thought MM and PS suited each other well. If Dave Jones goes to Villa, I hope PS goes to Card**f as that would be a match made in heaven ;)

He really is a horrible man and not worthy of a decent club. I actually thought MM and PS suited each other well. If Dave Jones goes to Villa, I hope PS goes to Card**f as that would be a match made in heaven ;)

:icon_lol:

Hi all,

It's been interesting reading this thread. I knew he would fail at Leicester and cause mass problems but I didn't think that even Sousa could do it this quickly.

As you've noticed, Sousa's ego is huge. One of the Swans players recently said, on camera, that it's nice to see a manager who says "hello" to you in the mornings. Sousa's arrogant, thinks he's above everyone else and has awful man-management skills. He can turn a dressing room against him very quickly.

Let's hope Chris Powell has noticed and has not been afraid to have a quiet word with him about his 'dressing room' skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00