sousa out

Status
Not open for further replies.
What worries me most is that other than Burnley we have played mediocre lower half teams so far.

Our next three matches are QPR and Cardiff who look like the 2 best teams in the league and Covscum away, who we never beat away anyway and who look much improved this season.

I honestly can't see us getting another point til the end of September.

Ohh you are basking in all of this aren't you. Congratulations!
Far from it. You think it makes me happy to see my club in such a ****ing state?

I'm trying to think what possibly Sousa could have done to (what appears) have completely lost the dressing room.

There has evidently been big changes behind the scenes, what with the takeover, new management team etc, but a large chunk of last seasons playing staff remain. I can only come to the conclusion that they are unimpressed with Sousa's training style, which on the face of it appears to have removed the whole sports science theory. The players may feel this played a huge part in the sucess of the last 2 seasons, and without it see no way forward? We had very few injuries in the time Nigel Pearson was here and seemed much more fitter than we look now. For reasons that could be unrelated to the 'Sports Science Theory' we have already had a number of injuries this season. Players who have been excellent in the past couple of seasons, now look like they are well off the pace and a shadow of what we're used to.

On top of all this, we now apparantly have a 'number' of first team players who want to jump ship.

IMO we have two options. We get rid of the players who want to go, and start again. This could potentially mean we have a squad that will need so much time to gel, we could end up struggling to stay up. Or with over 95% of the season left, we get rid of the manager (who IMO lives on his ego) and start again. This may mean that the players who are revolting now, will stay and be happy to play for someone who not only cares about the football, but also them as a human being. A friend of mine said before the season started that he felt Sousa got lucky at Swansea, but was very quickly worked out at QPR. Even at this early stage, I think what he said, is true.

On a slightly seperate note, are we able to use any of the Thai's cash whilst the takeover is still going through?

He has had 4 fecking league games for christs sake it is far too early to judge or blame Sousa. So we sack him, what happens if the reasons are that the players are just so pissed off because Mad Mandy got rid of Pearson and that they have lost their mojo for the club.

The only solution IMO is to cut our losses and get rid of any disruptive influences and allow Pearson to bring in his own players because we can ill afford to carry on with 4 or 5 very unhappy players, it would appear that last seasons team spirit has disappeared, this IMO is not the fault of Sosua and the blame should lay firmly at the door of the man who made the decision to let NP leave without a fight.

Lets be honest the players who were so close to Pearson will still be in contact and no doubt be fully aware of how hurt and let down NP feels through his treatment and I can't help thinking that is the reason for the negativity towards Sousa.

Therefore the only solution is to back Sousa, kick out the trouble makers and move on, because unless MM is prepared and able to get Pearson back then I fear the damage will be unrepairable and I doubt the players would be anymore welcoming to the next manager either.

He has had 4 fecking league games for christs sake it is far too early to judge or blame Sousa. So we sack him, what happens if the reasons are that the players are just so pissed off because Mad Mandy got rid of Pearson and that they have lost their mojo for the club.

The only solution IMO is to cut our losses and get rid of any disruptive influences and allow Pearson to bring in his own players because we can ill afford to carry on with 4 or 5 very unhappy players, it would appear that last seasons team spirit has disappeared, this IMO is not the fault of Sosua and the blame should lay firmly at the door of the man who made the decision to let NP leave without a fight.

Lets be honest the players who were so close to Pearson will still be in contact and no doubt be fully aware of how hurt and let down NP feels through his treatment and I can't help thinking that is the reason for the negativity towards Sousa.

Therefore the only solution is to back Sousa, kick out the trouble makers and move on, because unless MM is prepared and able to get Pearson back then I fear the damage will be unrepairable and I doubt the players would be anymore welcoming to the next manager either.

Freudian slip there. Pearson's already gone.

INTERMISSION

pillowfight.jpg

Yesterday i wanted Sousa out as i was dissappointed with the game, selections etc, having had time to reflect on things there are a few things crossing my mind
1. imo too early to sack, he had a similar start at Swansea but then managed to convert them into an attractive and fairly sucessfull team
2 i feel we always seem to jump on the managers back early (i dont hear crys of "cotterill out" at pompey!

3 if there was a realistic replacement available i could maybe understand (ie get NP or mon back)
4. Constantly changing managers dont work
5 i agree with PFKAKTF lets cut our losses, get rid of unhappy players (unless its Hobbs) and get 2/3 more in who might just make a difference
6 Let us pray
7 Lets hope Abe is good and any others he brings in
8 Hes ony paid money for Moreno who looks ok (although at fault yesterday)
9 IMO agood win at Cov with Vitor, Abe and an.other playing
and things will look a lot better

Last edited:
its too early to be saying get him out but he is under some serious pressure, some good established big name managers that could do loads with the budget the new owners have are sat waiting for a new job

3 if there was a realistic replacement available i could maybe understand (ie get NP or mon back)

Yes, lets get someone in who can get the team playing again

5 i agree with PFKAKTF lets cut our losses, get rid of unhappy players (unless its Hobbs) and get 2/3 more in who might just make a difference

There are only two days left to do that ... not a realistic option.

6 Let us pray

Worth a try I guess.

7 Lets hope Abe is good and any others he brings in

We have no money so I don't expect to see anyone else of any significance coming in unless DJ's money is made available.

9 IMO agood win at Cov with Vitor, Abe and an.other playing
and things will look a lot better

Well let's hope so, but I'm not holding my breath.

There are only two days left to do that ... not a realistic option.

We have no money so I don't expect to see anyone else of any significance coming in unless DJ's money is made available.

point 1 the "emergency" loan window re-opens a week later

point 2 the takeover will be ratified fairly quickly it was more a case of papers not being filed properly then anything else and unless you're a convicted fraudster or murderer you ain't going to fail the fit and proper person test

point 1 the "emergency" loan window re-opens a week later

point 2 the takeover will be ratified fairly quickly it was more a case of papers not being filed properly then anything else and unless you're a convicted fraudster or murderer you ain't going to fail the fit and proper person test

Loan players still need paying for.

My concern there is that it has already been stated by the consortium that the third member will not be revealed until the coming months. So, we either have a consortium that has one fewer members or the ratification process will take much longer until the extra person can be put to the test. Either way, it could leave us without the expected kitty.

I don't think morale was destroyed at that stage. It might not have been as good as people thought at the time, but we made a bloody good go of it that night down in Cardiff, teams with low morale, where the writing for a downfall is already on the wall, don't tend to put in performances like that.

indeed, clutching at straws trying to be positive on sousa.

Nasty but very neat and clever
No nastiness intended, just tongue in cheek. I wouldn't worry about Sousa yet, he hasn't had time to establish his style. That's when the real problems will start.
We have our own problems anyhow, Chopra out for 10 weeks so no threat to you when we meet in a little while.
Dont you love this game?

I caught my 2 year old nephew trying to rip up my season ticket earlier, I wasn't that bothered to try and stop him. :icon_lol:

Yesterday i wanted Sousa out as i was dissappointed with the game, selections etc, having had time to reflect on things there are a few things crossing my mind

1. imo too early to sack, he had a similar start at Swansea but then managed to convert them into an attractive and fairly sucessfull team

on point 1 its worth mentioning their previous manager had already made swansea a passing team, so that wasnt something sousa achieved. What he changed there was they became more defensive.

I have read some of the new points raised here, and will add a few more of my own.

If the players want out then I agree they probably have to go, but changing the team is expensive, and we have 2 days of a transfer window left. Granted we can do more loans but also the problem we seem to now have poor scouts as the players in are of low calibre so far.

Changing the manager can solve the problem much quicker and much cheaper, but is another gamble as always is when changing manager, options would be limited, but personally with hull having a bad start I would attempt to get pearson back, grovel etc. do what it takes. We apparently now have cash to spend so the reason for ditching him (he wanted a playing budget) seems senseless. Failing that look for a manager who is similiar in mentality. I expect powell would do a better job than sousa as he worked under pearson.

I am now starting to wish milan just leaves, I started respecting him during the pearson era as he went media quiet and appeared to not be meddling in team affairs, but the whole saga with pearson leaving is just incompetance from the man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00