Sousa Sacked!

Status
Not open for further replies.
'Richard Bevan, Chief Executive of the LMA said, “How can a chairman expect to deliver success at a football club when a talented manager is recruited and dismissed within 2 months, at the start of the season and is given only nine league games to put his own imprint on the squad and the club?

“Knee-jerk dismissals, and the chopping and changing of managers will not deliver success on the field and is incredibly destabilizing to the entire club. Paulo’s sacking is even more disappointing in light of the chairman’s comments on Paulo’s appointment, in the summer, when he stated he was ‘delighted to acquire a manager of such great calibre.’

“Leicester City Football Club has had fourteen managers since 2004 and six whilst the current chairman has been at the club. Clearly the club has to examine its manager recruitment strategy as their current approach does not work. It is damaging to the club and its fans and is an inappropriate way to treat talented managers and their careers.”'

Spot on Richard Bevan

I'm very dissappointed at our club here. Yet again we have handled something the wrong way. Personally I would have gave him another 3 or 4 matches. and to sack him the day before a game is shambolic. why wasn't he dismissed immediately after the Norwich match.

Nigel Pearson must be smiling today, the guy he was shafted for has failed big time. We are going to struggle to get a good manager with the degree of patience at the club. If you think MON is going to return to work for somebody like Phuket Sakim (spelling???) you are mental. Sven is not what we need, it'll be Dowie or Coleman

We're going backwards again.....

I'm very dissappointed at our club here. Yet again we have handled something the wrong way. Personally I would have gave him another 3 or 4 matches. and to sack him the day before a game is shambolic. why wasn't he dismissed immediately after the Norwich match.

Nigel Pearson must be smiling today, the guy he was shafted for has failed big time. We are going to struggle to get a good manager with the degree of patience at the club. If you think MON is going to return to work for somebody like Phuket Sakim (spelling???) you are mental. Sven is not what we need, it'll be Dowie or Coleman

Good post

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Another 4 games to conceed another 20 goals, just what we need.

Spot on Richard Bevan

Not spot on at all. He should keep his nose out of our affairs. Of the last 5 managers under Milan, one was unemployable, 2 left of their own accord, one was sacked because we were relegated, the other sacked because we are bottom of the league and in disarray.

One of the many good things about Milan, if it isn't working he doesn't p*ss about.

I think that there's more chance we'll win tomorrow.

I defy anyone to say his appointment and tenure wasn't similar to Martin Allens as I suggested:

Arrives pre season
Signs a load of shit players he has no clue about
Upsets key players
Abject performances
Sacked after a few games

We will now end up with:

Loads of crap players we can;t get rid of

Martin Allen was not sacked for football reasons; Paulo was.

What crap players? Perhaps our worst player has been Michael Morrison who was a candidate for player of the season last year.
Possibly that Slovenian with too many consonents who I have not seen may be crap.. Possibly Lamey though he may just need time to adjust. Vitor has managed 20 minutes and is on loan so he cannot be sold.

From what little I have seen of him I do not believe that Moreno is a crap player. I think he is a talented player that needs to adjust. I would also guess that Abe is talented.

The season we went down Martin Allen inherited a very poor squad that had been flirting with relegation. He added some far worse players and destroyed the confidence of the one talented striker Matty Fryatt.. The players that Megson and Holloway inherited was the poorest Leicester squad I can remember. We had the January window with Holloway desperately trying to bring in strikers and wingers.

Whoever succeeds Sousa will inherit an excellent set of players who have been underperforming. What would Megson or Holloway have given for a midfield battler like Wellens, a winger like Dyer or a striker like Waghorn.

It must have really hurt MM to sack a personal friend. And they really were good friend too, it wasn't just something that was made up to explain Sousa's appearance at the Cardiff play-off match...

The club would like to state that Paulo Sousa is a first-class individual

I'm assuming that this is what that bollocks was referring to.:102:

Disappointed that we didn't give him longer. Clearly a quality guy, but not a lucky guy.

I honestly believe Sousa will go on to be a good manager probably at international level but his manner and style just will never suit the championship.

We are all entitled to our opinions, you are obviously happy with the decision to sack PS.

Personally I think it stinks and is yet another gaff made by Mad Mandy.

Pathetic!!!

I must be missing something. Could one of you please elaborate and explain to me the qualities that Sousa has displayed at either QPR, where his record was almost as bad as here, at Swansea, where he failed to improve on what Martinez left him, or here that make him such a good manager. I doubted the wisdom of his appointment but was always willing to give him 10 games to prove me wrong but Mandy beat me to it.

I can't think why MON would want to come back, never a good ides to revisit old triumphs, and Sven would be trophy appointment for the new owners which would quickly become tarnished. We need a good solid manager with an idea of how to play in this league.

I must be missing something. Could one of you please elaborate and explain to me the qualities that Sousa has displayed at either QPR, where his record was almost as bad as here, at Swansea, where he failed to improve on what Martinez left him, or here that make him such a good manager. I doubted the wisdom of his appointment but was always willing to give him 10 games to prove me wrong but Mandy beat me to it.

I can't think why MON would want to come back, never a good ides to revisit old triumphs, and Sven would be trophy appointment for the new owners which would quickly become tarnished. We need a good solid manager with an idea of how to play in this league.

I said what I did because I believe his style of play would suit a good international side where he has the pick of quality players his downfall here was failing to realise his style was not working and would not work in this league as it didn't at qpr or Swansea!!!!

Leave your stepping stones behind, something calls for you
Forget the dead you've left, they will not follow you
The vagabond who's rapping at your door
Is standing in the clothes that you once wore
Strike another match, go start a new
And it's all over now, Sousa, for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696