Southampton match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Said all along we don't need the distraction of the cup. The QPR and everyone of the remaining games after is far more important than a competition that might give us unwanted injuries and suspensions.

Brauny Blue said:
Said all along we don't need the distraction of the cup. The QPR and everyone of the remaining games after is far more important than a competition that might give us unwanted injuries and suspensions.

Mmmm...I would have thought the main thing was to start playing well and winning a few games irrespective. Based on what i saw yesterday - I couldn't be too optomistic about the QPR fixture - they are better, will have been better rested etc etc.

The thing which hits home - apart from the difficulty about scoring any goals - and not much was even created yesterday is that I couldn't pick a Leicester side from this squad where all the players are playing in their 'natural' positions e.g. no one is both good enough and a natural to play at left back or right wing.

I'm sick of all this talk about Levein wasn't that bad and needed time - Levein IMO was hopeless and based on yesterday's match has left the club in a hell of a situation.

Redditch Fox said:
Mmmm...I would have thought the main thing was to start playing well and winning a few games irrespective.

If we'd won yesterday but lost 2 players through injuries and another through picking up a 5th booking, would it have been worth it in our situation:102: .The financial side would have been good for the club but there would also be plenty to lose by staying in the competition imo. But i do agree it would be nice to win a game again.

I though both defences dominated a poor football match, I can't remember Rab doing that much before the goal. We played 3 small quick forwards but didnt play the balls in to them to exlpoit their pace. Elvis's control was poor, he seemed to be making his next move before he finished his first.
Hume was industrious but not threatening, smith was faced by two every time he got the ball. We contained them pretty well apart from the mistake at the end, but created little apart from Elvis'es chance. I think Paddy gets better every game, captain suits him

Their centre backs just gobbled up everything we put in to the box, and their sub that scored came on determined to make a mark, showed a bit of attitude and agression and he got his rewards. We need a bit of that.

By the time the goal went in I was almost too bored to be bothered, it was dreary stuff.

Hazzman said:
I was thinking of changing it to our five league wins.

Well if you change it to our victories, then I think you can be safe in the knowledge that there will be little danger of running out of space :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669