Southampton Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eggs are attackers,flour is midfielders.We have attackers but no midfielders so what happens wheen the window opens? He buys 2 strikers:102:

I feel like I have egg on my face. What we need is some self raising flour and a pinch of Fulop (salt).

I can't believe he started with the four strikers again. He has tried that trick for the last 3 games with no luck, really not sure why he persists.

He has failed to turn thingsd round at all and I am very disappointed.

We should see who he has managed to pull in by the time the transfer window closes - I am sure the type of players he is after are in short supply.

I will be looking for a serious improvement in February.

Hopefully the two Hungarians will make some difference to the squad. I guess we'll have to wait and see. I must admit my belief in Holloway's ability to get us back up the table is starting to be eroded away with every crap result we get. We need more signings in midfield and less strikers on the pitch next match IMO.

I can't believe he started with the four strikers again. He has tried that trick for the last 3 games with no luck, really not sure why he persists.

but that was Howard and Hayles 2nd game......:102:

I cannot rememer a match where having 4 strikers on helped, when the opposition does it, it makes me smile. Smells of desperation.

Hume may be popular and always shows commitment, scores more than our others and his setpieces are pretty effective at present, but he is useless on the wing and cannot cross, passes poorly and is selfish with the ball. He should either play as a striker or as a freeranging midfielder in a five man midfield. Fryatt is not a winger.

I pray that against Coventry we play with a Midfield! I believe that IH is a good manager. The rot is elsewhere at the club, a series of substandard signings and an eccentric Millionaire who cannot resist interfering.

It is scary that the debt is Leicesters rather than MMs. Relegation is not as bad as Administration and possible extinction. Much as I want to see Fulop back it is not worth going bankrupt over him.

How bad is Nielson? I never saw him play, and Logan was better than Henderson, but hard to get enthusiastic about any of our goalkeepers.

One thing is for sure, we can't rely on QPR being beneath us on the ladder judging by the way they're playing. The list of teams that are crappier than us is getting shorter. And that is worrying.

Ridiculous team selection, ridiculous tactics (and continuous changing of tactics)
Poor fecks never stood a chance

But I'm sure 'Ollie' said something really really funny after the game, so everything's OK

Ridiculous team selection, ridiculous tactics (and continuous changing of tactics)
Poor fecks never stood a chance

But I'm sure 'Ollie' said something really really funny after the game, so everything's OK

So what do you suggest?

Ollie is trying to work his magic with a shit squad. He has inherited a load of over payed, underperforming nobodys who do not wear our shirt with pride - I fail to see how you can change this in the short term without getting new faces in and trying to make things better with better players.

I would like to know who the 6 first team players are that have been told they can leave - I can't believe its only 6!

No need for the funny quote knock, I have only heard him being very humble and realistic at recent post game press calls.

I just hope we see off relegation and i can then judge IH after a pre-season and a period of stability. This season is lost, oh so similar to the last 2 seasons.

We have played 26 matches now and only have 20 left to salvage something from this season. The next couple of games are against Coventry and Norwich, arguably two teams who are also in danger of the drop. Although maybe Coventry less so than Norwich. If we don't win these next two matches (or at least draw) then it's safe to say we're up crap creek without a paddle. The countdown has started and I don't mind saying I'm starting to get a little nervous.

Got back 20 mins ago,wot can you say-shocking,yes,but as a club our dearth of midfielders is so great who do you play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669