Southampton Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always thought your posts were informative and reasonably accurate BF both on here and on the OS. I don't post on there anymore either for pretty much the same reasons you don't. Although I must admit I'm a little peeved you haven't given a report on today's fiasco. But I can understand you not wanting to ... :icon_wink

I'll do one just for you then!

Hendo is a liability. He doesn't shout for the ball, flaps when he comes for it and offers absolutely nothing for the defence in front of him to be comfortable with....speaking of the defence.......

Stearman was again utter wank. Whatever it was Ollie said to him the other week obviosuly needs repeating beofre each game for him to take notice of....

Sheehan can deliver a set peice but looked clueless and exposed.

Kisnorbo and McAuley were all over the place, didn't look to want to trust owt to Hendo and who could blame them after the QPR fiasco?

Weso look like all alone in midfield with no one to work with, didn't do much wrong, though didn't really do anything that would give the 'spark' needed.

Kenton look dire. Why isn't he on the list with Newton and the others? Why play him in midfield when he ain't a fecking midfielder?

Hume out wide *sigh* Utter garbage. Misplaced passes constantly, ran about like he didn't give a toss, and he probably didn't!

Fryatt, admittedly I'm not a huge fan of his though before QPR he had done a lot better in those few games, but again he isn't a blinkin wide player!! Look ill at ease and lost the ball too many times, not surprised he was subbed but it should've been Hume in all fairness.

Howard, Hardly won a header all game-we should be used to big strikers not doing that though! Looked lethargic.

Hayles, pretty much the same as the other strikers.

The match.. well tbh to Saints they had two shouts for penalties early on, and with D'Urso reffing they could easily have been given.
They were well in control before they scored and we looked like we couldn't fight our way out of a paper bag.

Most enjoyment we got was the bloke in the Paddington Bear coat....utter wassock, obviously thought he was being really clever doing throatslitting gestures to a couple of chavvy kids to our right-And they should've had their ears clipped! Having their hoods up and their scarves covering their faces up to their eyes...you both looked like twats and if that bloke had met you outside you would've cacked yourselves....

Whatever Holloway has to do he has to do it fast, becqause the nucleus of the team has no self-belief at all, and tbh even the players he brings in are going to find it a damned hard job to get the other motivated in the right way.

Knew you could not resist it ;)

Last edited:

Hendo is a liability. He doesn't shout for the ball, flaps when he comes for it and offers absolutely nothing for the defence in front of him to be comfortable with....speaking of the defence.......

Stearman was again utter wank. Whatever it was Ollie said to him the other week obviosuly needs repeating beofre each game for him to take notice of....

Kisnorbo and McAuley were all over the place, didn't look to want to trust owt to Hendo and who could blame them after the QPR fiasco?

Weso look like all alone in midfield with no one to work with, didn't do much wrong, though didn't really do anything that would give the 'spark' needed.

Kenton look dire. Why isn't he on the list with Newton and the others? Why play him in midfield when he ain't a fecking midfielder?

Hume out wide *sigh* Utter garbage. Misplaced passes constantly, ran about like he didn't give a toss, and he probably didn't!

Fryatt, admittedly I'm not a huge fan of his though before QPR he had done a lot better in those few games, but again he isn't a blinkin wide player!! Look ill at ease and lost the ball too many times, not surprised he was subbed but it should've been Hume in all fairness.

Howard, Hardly won a header all game-we should be used to big strikers not doing that though! Looked lethargic.

The match.. well tbh to Saints they had two shouts for penalties early on, and with D'Urso reffing they could easily have been given.
They were well in control before they scored and we looked like we couldn't fight our way out of a paper bag.

Most enjoyment we got was the bloke in the Paddington Bear coat....utter wassock, obviously thought he was being really clever doing throatslitting gestures to a couple of chavvy kids to our right-And they should've had their ears clipped! Having their hoods up and their scarves covering their faces up to their eyes...you both looked like twats and if that bloke had met you outside you would've cacked yourselves....

Whatever Holloway has to do he has to do it fast, becqause the nucleus of the team has no self-belief at all, and tbh even the players he brings in are going to find it a damned hard job to get the other motivated in the right way.

Cheers BF, always a good read ... :023::icon_bigg

Ay, perfect before bed time.

Bedtime maybe for you, I'm watching the test match over here, it's ten thirty in the am. :icon_bigg

Hmmm

He was our best player, he won most of our headers at the top, and was heading the ball down well to the guys who were in postition at certain times on the flanks.

Last edited:
Hmmm

He was our best player, he won most of our headers at the top, and was heading the ball down well to the guys who were in postition at certain times on the flanks.

I've read that somewhere else too. Funny how two people can watch the same game and see it from a totally different perspective.

Well I've calmed down a bit since the game........then I saw the goals on MOTD and got annoyed all over again!:icon_redf

You are a true blue BF.
Thanks for the report, there is as lot of us overseas that read your take on the match.
You can not beat a report from the terraces.
Quick clip i read below is very worrying
Southampton goalkeeper Kelvin Davis did not have a save to make and the new-look Leicester strike force of Steve Howard and Barry Hayles failed to trouble the Southampton defence.

You are a true blue BF.
Thanks for the report, there is as lot of us overseas that read your take on the match.
You can not beat a report from the terraces.
Quick clip i read below is very worrying
Southampton goalkeeper Kelvin Davis did not have a save to make and the new-look Leicester strike force of Steve Howard and Barry Hayles failed to trouble the Southampton defence.

According to Burley, Southampton defended very well, so I wouldn't be too concerned about that. And they had no midfield to play them in anyway. :102:

When are people going to give the manager some time and an opportunity to start trying to turn around what can only be described as a collection of utter shite.

He has inherited a squad devoid of balance, talent and hunger. But it is the 6th January and he has told 6 of the wasters to feck off, he has signed 3 new players and one or even two more likely to sign within the next 24 / 48 hours.

The truth is the blame lies with Mandaric and Allen for squandering a considerable amount of money on such a collection of complete shite and failing to plug the glaringly obvious gaps in the squad.

Ollie like Megson is well capable of turning this around but has to be given the time and opportunity to freshen up and rebuild the squad. Megson was forced to play ultra defensively to try and get results and was roundly criticsed, Ollie is having to play players out of position because of the lack of balnce in the squad and because reults and performances aren't what the fans expect then he is in the firing line.

What it should prove to the fans is that even two managers with good records at this level are struggling to make an immediate impact then it should highlight just what a shambles this club is in.

When are people going to give the manager some time and an opportunity to start trying to turn around what can only be described as a collection of utter shite.

He has inherited a squad devoid of balance, talent and hunger. But it is the 6th January and he has told 6 of the wasters to feck off, he has signed 3 new players and one or even two more likely to sign within the next 24 / 48 hours.

The truth is the blame lies with Mandaric and Allen for squandering a considerable amount of money on such a collection of complete shite and failing to plug the glaringly obvious gaps in the squad.

Ollie like Megson is well capable of turning this around but has to be given the time and opportunity to freshen up and rebuild the squad. Megson was forced to play ultra defensively to try and get results and was roundly criticsed, Ollie is having to play players out of position because of the lack of balnce in the squad and because reults and performances aren't what the fans expect then he is in the firing line.

What it should prove to the fans is that even two managers with good records at this level are struggling to make an immediate impact then it should highlight just what a shambles this club is in.

Stop being so sensible :icon_bigg

From the BBC. :icon_wink

Leicester boss Ian Holloway says his midfielders in the FA Cup loss to Southampton were so young "they should have been playing in nappies" (Mail).

Disposable or terry?

These things are important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673