Southampton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Saints Post Match Thread

I see du du du du matty fryatt was our saviour, wonder if people willl realise he's as shit as the rest of em now. probably not!! Im fecked off now, im like you alex, was full of excitment at the begining of the season, now its all doom and gloom.

Good night, in more ways than one.

as it may just be the end of holloway and.....you had a good nosh?

As in im going to bed and so is Leicester City Fc.

I realise how it sounded, oops.

this club as it stands is worse off than ever b4,i don't care if sum brainyack wants to go find an example of worser times to be a leicester fan,cus for me, this is as low'a point as it gets in my book.

Thers no optimism in the fans i hear and no imagination from Ian Holloway with tactics..like i thought there would be by now,

from here on out, its all about the leicester city shirt and how much it means to um...and frankly, i don't see one player that wants it more than i do and i dont get payd for this shite!

Re: f~@ked right off

I knew this would happen. The minute we missed out on Norris the writing was on the wall. He could do 100 keepie uppies, we desperately need talent like that now.

On the bright side I still think we'll stay up.

i can now see how other clubs must view us. we must look like a club with no soul from the outside. new stadium with no atmosphere so nobody will be scared to come and play us. we robbed our manager off a 'smaller' club in a bid to put things right quickly. our chairman is seen as a lunatic by most who is far from trustworthy and inspirational, this is proved by the bungs he was meant to be involved in. and god knows how many players have come and gone in the last three years. now, which of the clubs around us in the table will be thinking 'theyll be okay, its leicester there a good club.' ?

The lack of goals is driving me mad. If we had even a below average goal-scoring record we'd be mid-table if not higher.

Somewhat typified by tonight - We miss two sitters and they score with their only real chance.

The lack of goals is driving me mad. If we had even a below average goal-scoring record we'd be mid-table if not higher.

Somewhat typified by tonight - We miss two sitters and they score with their only real chance.

Its amazing to think that steve howard was top scorer in this league a couple of years ago, and now hes struggling.

The problem is that we really need to win the next 2 games to give us a reasonable chance of staying up, that won't happen. I honestly feel if Holloway had played Hume and Howard as his front 2 we would now be safe.

Last edited:

Its amazing to think that steve howard was top scorer in this league a couple of years ago, and now hes struggling.

You have to look at the likes of Barnes and Pearson who also shone at that time, creating chances for him.

Although was Norris on the park for Ipswich's latest routing?

Only listened to a small bit of radio commentary. What i heard was the same as what i've heard for most of the season. No control on the game, and never felt like we really threatening them. Imo this team is not even going to go down with a fight. Ultimately we will deserve it.

Text from Fludee:

it was absolutely dire howard is a complete waste of space fryatt should hav scored a sitter at the end! just about to kill myself

What is Holloway's fixation with bringing on strikers and playing them on the wing? Why was Hayles brought on to play on the left tonight? Why was Fryatt brought on to play on the right against Bristol? I'm not saying the two Hungarians are world beaters but why is not one of them at least on the bench so during games we can replace like with like?

Text from Fludee:

it was absolutely dire howard is a complete waste of space fryatt should hav scored a sitter at the end! just about to kill myself

Obviously this isn't fludie who posts on here.

His name is spelt differently, there are not enough spelling mistakes or txtspk and there are no irrelevant smileys being used.

don't know whether to keep him or not? if you even consider the idea of keeping the bloke in charge as a possibility then you've been dropped on your head a few too many times

I must have been dropped on my head. I hope that Milan has.

I accept that there are times as with Peter Taylor when a manager needs to be sacked. However, too often changing the man at the top gives the illusion that you have solved the problem. This has been true with England for decades right since the sacking of Sir Alf Ramsey.

It is an unfashionable view but I believe that in most walks of life that when things go wrong it is not necessarily the fault of the person at the top. Often the person at the top when things have gone wrong is the best person to clear up the mess because they understand it. I believe this is especially true when as with Ian Holloway the mess predates him.

I fear that we will be in League One next season. I hope Milan will take drastic action to rejuvenate the club. I also hope he will be strong enough and brave enough to tell Ian Holloway - "You were manager when we went down. You understand the situation better than any one else. It is your job to get us up again".

I also hope that whoever is manager next season whether Holloway or A.N. Other the fans will support him and Milan will give him time.

Just read Pearson's comments and they had a rookie keeper in goal and a central midfielder playing at centre-back.... It gets ****ing worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669