Status
Not open for further replies.

cooperLCFCanstey

Oh dear the Saints,
Went down a league,
Oh dear the Saints went down a league,
They're completely doomed for ever and ever,
Oh dear the Saints went down a league.

How Long will S'hampton be down in The Championship for then?

obviously everyone thinks all 3 teams relegated will bounce back but look at us, leeds and wolves. nowhere close to bouncing back up.

Babylon

cooperLCFCanstey said:
Oh dear the Saints,
Went down a league,

obviously everyone thinks all 3 teams relegated will bounce back but look at us, leeds and wolves. nowhere close to bouncing back up.

I would say that it because ourselves and leeds had financial trouble. Something Nowich and Palace won't suffer. Maybe even The saints if you believe their chairman.

Wolves did nothing as they are shit and always will be. :wink:

Brauny Blue

cooperLCFCanstey said:
Oh dear the Saints,
Went down a league,

Saints will probaly have to make the most changes and will find the fizzy a bit of a culture shock. Palace and Norwich i expect will be right up there,because they both have battle hardened championship players.
Also Wolves look dangerous under Hoddle. Throw-in the play-off failures and sides that are turning the corner i.e Leeds and possibly Sheff W and you end up with a strong and competitive fizzy next season. The chances of us going up look slim IMO.

cooperLCFCanstey

yeah teams like leeds, wolves, preston (if they dont go up), reading, ipswich (if they dont go up), will all be the big guns next season, as too norwich and palace because norwich wont need to sell too much, ashton will stay for atleast 1 season and score for fun. johnson will prob leave palace but no doubt he will be replaced with the cash they get, but like u say saints will have a big shock and find it hard, unless they keep decent players which i cant see them doing.

we will be looking on top 10 next year, top 6 bonus, top 2 amazing!

MKFox

cooperLCFCanstey said:
we will be looking on top 10 next year, top 6 bonus, top 2 amazing!
mad as a balloon fantasy boy!!
we're fecked again...if we make the top half we'll have done very well.

xsubmariner

Flipping heck lads, stay away from the sharp knives. The way you lot are at the mo you'll be slashing your wrists come august. :?
I sometimes wonder why some people bother supporting City at all. :roll:
If OJ Simpson had had you lot as lawyers he would have gassed himself, wouldn't of waited for a verdict.
CL knows what he's doin so lets all have a nice summer break, take our new City shirts to foreign climates (or Skeggy!) and look forward to the forthcoming season with a new gusto and rejuvenated enthusiasm for a promotion push :evil: (Yer miserable gets!!!!!!)

Steven

xsubmariner said:
Flipping heck lads, stay away from the sharp knives. The way you lot are at the mo you'll be slashing your wrists come august. :?
If OJ Simpson had had you lot as lawyers he would have gassed himself, wouldn't of waited for a verdict.
CL knows what he's doin so lets all have a nice summer break, take our new City shirts to foreign climates (or Skeggy!) and look forward to the forthcoming season with a new gusto and rejuvenated enthusiasm for a promotion push :evil: (Yer miserable gets!!!!!!)

Class post. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

gregs_y2k

I reckon Palace will lose Routledge as well as Johnson but I do think they will finsih in the top 8 same applies for Norwich. Southampton on the other hand I can see losing a fair few players as they had to sell Beattie for financial reasons. Crouch and Phillips will definitely go amongst others which will elave them a little lacklustre in the firing department (0-0 prediction for when they play us ;-) )
Having said this I really do feel that we will be able to push for promotion. No more doom and gloom at the Walkers!
I don't think Reading will feature next season they've been awful since christmas

Redditch Fox

xsubmariner said:

I hope that your optimism survives the chill of November.

homer

Redditch Fox said:
xsubmariner said:

I hope that your optimism survives the chill of November.

I'd be surprised if it lasts past the end of August.......

xsubmariner

To be a City supporter is to be an optimist. To be a supporter of any team you've got to have some optimism in yer blood else what is the point???? :roll:
As for my optimism, it has lasted since the world was in black and white, I think it will last a bit longer!! ;-)

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
xsubmariner said:
To be a City supporter is to be an optimist.

:smt046 Whatever gave you that idea?

step

The only reason we did not get promoted last season is because MA got rid of the players that could have got us back up. If the saint board have any sense they will hang on to the current squad and they will probably be straight back up.

drummindefender

i think its a bit harsh to say ma got rid of the players-he had no choice with players such as ferdinand, bent though he could be blamed for those stupid clauses or was that dave bassett?

webmaster

drummindefender said:
i think its a bit harsh to say ma got rid of the players-he had no choice with players such as ferdinand, bent though he could be blamed for those stupid clauses or was that dave bassett?

But without those stupid clauses, would those players have signed for us in the first place?

drummindefender

yeh i think they would of, as if we hadn't had them who else would of-certainly not any premiership teams, the greedy old journeymen.

webmaster

drummindefender said:
yeh i think they would of, as if we hadn't had them who else would of-certainly not any premiership teams, the greedy old journeymen.

I'm sure Dickov would have had other offers, he seemed to take quite a while to sign his new contract when we got promoted, maybe it was the get out clause that persuaded him to stay.

Be interesting to see if any of the Southampton players have similar clauses, a lot of them have pay cut clauses in their contract, the get-out clauses went hand in hand with the pay cut in our players contracts.

MKFox

drummindefender said:
i'd imagine crouch will be on his way
Is that the same man that will be representing our country in the USA this summer?? :eek:

Steven

MKFox said:
drummindefender said:
i'd imagine crouch will be on his way
Is that the same man that will be representing our country in the USA this summer?? :eek:

Eriksson out. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670