Southend Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We won! So who gives a feck! Sorry thats the wine going to my head! But seriously we didn't sound to impressive? Think we'll have to up it a couple of notches against the bromwich!

We were dire today.

Tiatto and O Grady were the two best players until the little black lad, Leroy Potter came on :icon_wink

Not inspiring at all.

Impressed by:

O Grady's commitment
The space Tiatto was finding
Tiatto's corner and Kisnorbo's finish

Nothing else. Also Hume hitting the cross bar from 6 yds out didn't impress me too much either, although I am in the majority as the 19 odd thousand others in the ground thought it was justified enough to give the Hume chant.

Play badly, 3 points, it'll do nicely, but a not a great springboard. Better teams may have destroyed us, Southend were piss poor

One final note: The award for the "Hey look at me I'm the Ref" goes to...............The Ref. What a dramatic prick

Last edited:
I don't think I've ever seen a match with so many handballs. Southend must have handballed 10 or 15 times?

I see they used Spencer Prior as a striker for the last 5 minutes, all of their hoofballs were being headed down by him.

I don't think I've ever seen a match with so many handballs. Southend must have handballed 10 or 15 times?

I see they used Spencer Prior as a striker for the last 5 minutes, all of their hoofballs were being headed down by him.

Prior should have scored with a header as well, his first touch.

Tiatto didn't impress me too much before he went off although his cross for the goal was inch perfect.
Levi did excellently when he came on and he beat his man on numerous occasions.
Fryatt looked short on confidence he did nothing. Hume was a lazy arse when he came on. Still not impressed by Johnson, and he should have his haircut.

Prior should have scored with a header as well, his first touch.

Tiatto didn't impress me too much before he went off although his cross for the goal was inch perfect.
Levi did excellently when he came on and he beat his man on numerous occasions.
Fryatt looked short on confidence he did nothing. Hume was a lazy arse when he came on. Still not impressed by Johnson, and he should have his haircut.

I'd agree with all of that.

O'Grady was the best player on the park IMO. Henderson did ok with the little he did.

Kisnorbo and Paddy are beginning to get an understanding,
middle of the park lacks pace,Fryatt looks dis-interested
probably because of woeful service to the front men,O'Grady now I do like this lad gets himself between man and ball very well and will cause a lot of teams problems if.....we can capitalise on him remains to be seen
Henderson improving....but midfield is still the stumbling block.....could Hume do a job midfield, still early days but not too bad so far.

The ref told Birch on the pitch that the keeper was changing his shirt. He would have to be a complete idiot for it to take that long

anyone know yet why the kick off was delayed due to the Southend lot not making an appearance til nearly 3.05pm?

a southend lad i know just told me he had heard they were accused of tampering with the ball.

:102:

The ref told Birch on the pitch that the keeper was changing his shirt. He would have to be a complete idiot for it to take that long

your right about pissed my self when he said that ,for the first time there was a real good feeling in the ground well done everybody :038: :038: :038:

most teams have 2 sets of kit with them in the team kit bag so im not sure about this but you could be right :102:

But if the goalkeepers shirts they took into the ground were both the same colour, which clashed with the ref, they may have had another one in the coach. I can't think of any other reason why it would take 5 minutes to change a shirt.

There was an occasion a few years ago when a visiting goalkeeper had to wear a Leicester keeper's shirt.

But if the goalkeepers shirts they took into the ground were both the same colour, which clashed with the ref, they may have had another one in the coach. I can't think of any other reason why it would take 5 minutes to change a shirt.

There was an occasion a few years ago when a visiting goalkeeper had to wear a Leicester keeper's shirt.

im not sure there keeper plays in black :102:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00