Post Match Spartak Moscow 3 Leicester 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Castagne plays, I don't think we concede the second and third goals. Thomas isn't ready yet and Betrand too hit and miss. They'll do for now, and hopefully Thomas will continue to improve.

If Castagne plays, I don't think we concede the second and third goals. Thomas isn't ready yet and Betrand too hit and miss. They'll do for now, and hopefully Thomas will continue to improve.
Thomas was the worst of our starters today, especially defensively.

Soumare was absolutely superb in the second half having been Mark de Vries type shit in the first. I hope that was good management from Rodgers at HT because if it was then he really did do a great job in giving Soumare what he needed. Iheanacho was also useless in the first but again, much, much better in the second.

Daka was extraordinarily good as was Maddison. If we can keep this Maddison fit and have Daka and Soumare (version 2) playing like that then we could give this a real go.

Bertrand however. **** me sideways with a pitching wedge, he is shit. Vestergaard racing out to a ball he's never, ever getting didn't help either the dopey, ****tarded gism monkey.

For me, the weakness was in the wing back positions today. Both Ricardo and Thomas were awful going forwards and awful coming back. They didn't cover their central defenders either. They were both lucky to stay on the pitch as long as they did, As as example, it was Thomas who put Soyuncu in the shit for his mistake.

Soumare and Tielemans looked strong again together. Panic stations when Tielemans hobbled off though. Fingers crossed that it was safety first but he clearly wasn't comfortable.

I cannot get my head around the praise for Maddison (again). He had loads of great positions to play people in or have efforts on goal and they were - bar one - all appalling. He was entirely free for the entire game and did almost feck all. I genuinely think we're just crediting him for 5/10 performances instead of 3/10 performances until the Man Utd game. Not good enough for me.

Daka and Iheanacho were outstanding together. Kelechi was so selfless at times and got two good assists. Daka was clinical and showed the sort of forward play on the final man that will make a huge difference to us as we manage Vardy's game time down.

Vestergaard was hopeless for their third and Bertrand looked a mess. Choudhury didn't feck anything up which is as good as it gets with him.

All in all, we made hard work of it against a really ordinary side. Now we need to win two relatively easy home games and the group is ours for the taking.

Pretty mad that scoring in just one game, he is now our joint top scorer in European competitions.

Tells you exactly why we should be taking Europe seriously.

Honestly, some of the gibbons on here wanting a 2nd string line-up

We have zero European pedigree and that is something we should be going balls out to change

Pretty mad that scoring in just one game, he is now our joint top scorer in European competitions.
Bit of a competition between Nacho (3?), Daka (4), Barnes (4) and Vardy (4) for that for the rest of the group

If the last 2 games show anything it's that we pretty much need to play like Newcastle under Keegan until January. We can't defend for shit. Conceded 3 goals to a team that wouldn't survive in the championship here.
Fingers crossed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469