Spurs ask to replay WHU game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Real Sharapova

Tottenham have written to the Premier League to ask if they can replay Sunday's game against West Ham. Chairman Daniel Levy said " Our match at West Ham was effectively a cup final.......our chances were significantly reduced by the exceptional circumstances. We have now confirmation from a majority of Premier League clubs that they would support a replay and in similar circumstances would expect the game to have been postponed."

My first reaction is to laugh out loud, but I wonder if the Arse are among those teams supporting a replay. This one could run and run, end up in the courts, etc. Couldn't happen to two nicer teams ( not ). Have to say 'tho, Spurs' case is not helped by the fact that they started with a fully fit Danny Murphy on the bench - Ok he's crap, but he might have been able to run around for ninety minutes without crapping his kegs and projectile vomitting.

I don't think Spurs will have a chance of re-playing this. If things were that bad, why did they proceed to play the match? If they hadn't have played the match, with the evidence that 10 of their squad players had come down to food poisoning, I reckon they would have had a strong case for having the fixture re-scheduled

Looks like they've caught the chef responsible.

chef.jpg

No.6 Muzzy Izzet... said:
If they hadn't have played the match, with the evidence that 10 of their squad players had come down to food poisoning, I reckon they would have had a strong case for having the fixture re-scheduled

Middlesbrough tried it and ended up getting points docked, why do you think it would be any different for Spurs?

webmaster said:
Middlesbrough tried it and ended up getting points docked, why do you think it would be any different for Spurs?

I say this on the basis that this was a freak (or conspiratorial) occurrence, the full effect of which only came to fruition the morning after. Thereby upsetting everything that they may have had planned for the match.

I think in the case of 'boro, they had plenty of time to make amends for such setbacks.

No.6 Muzzy Izzet... said:
I say this on the basis that this was a freak (or conspiratorial) occurrence, the full effect of which only came to fruition the morning after. Thereby upsetting everything that they may have had planned for the match.

I think in the case of 'boro, they had plenty of time to make amends for such setbacks.
Rumour has it that it was not food poisoning, but winter vomitting virus. I think if you look, Spurs have one of the largest squads in the Premo - that's the whole point of having a large squad, to be able to fulfil your fixtures. Also, I understand Mido was out with an unrelated injury -should he be allowed to play in a rearranged game? Finally, what if WHU are unable to field the same team - should it be replayed in those circumstances? Seems like a whole lot of wormage out of the can could be resulting if a replay were allowed.

Let the twats replay it - and deduct them three points. Big deal Jol you fat tit.

i remember the boro incident. they weren't allowed to move the fixture so when they boycotted the game they were deducted points. those deducted points got them relegated. Spurs have 2 hopes

I also recall a league cup semi-final when MON was unable to put out a full set of subs due to injury & illness. This sort of thing happens all the time in varying degrees, and to the team affected no doubt the game seems equally important. It's football FFS - the lottery element of injuries, opponents in or out of form, weather or whatever are all part of the thing.

The match wont be replayed! The only way it would have been played is if all the squad had gone down ill!

Fox From The Hudd said:
They reckon it cculdn't haven that bad due to the fact that Danny Murphy didn't have the bug and was still only named as a sub...
See my first post, or was it too boring to read all the way through?:frown:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570