Squad for next season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly, we need to be more competitive against the top six sides.

Secondly, we need more goals in our side. This is necessary to achieve the above point but also to put away the lesser teams more effectively.

A very interesting post BN
. However with the possible exception of Liverpool and Man City I would guess the supporters of every other Premier League club are saying the same. ,

Big guy not buy.

As in a bit of a unit, someone we can lump it to when the fancy shit isn't working.

Doesn't have to be an expensive buy, if anything but, as it would be good to have someone who can provide an alternate option but not expect/demand to play every game.

Bring back Chris Wood, I say

Warning. What follows is a BN conspiracy theory. Do not proceed.

I read this article in the LM just now. Going on about the missing link in our plans for next season. We have nobody in place responsible for identifying and signing new players.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/...dan-rodgers-provides-latest-leicester-2787339

Reading between the lines, it does seem as though Congerton isn't a 'shoe in' as Rodgers pal. This is good as his record is terrible. Rodgers is also suggesting that the club know what they're doing. Which made me wonder why we've left a position unfilled that we've known about for months (it was made clear when Macia left that we knew he was going for ages).

Rudkin remains big pals with Steve Walsh. He never wanted Walsh to leave 3 years ago but the role and money on offer made it impossible to keep him. It is fairly normal for a recruitment guy to leave a club with strings attached. So, for example, when Walsh was sacked by Everton last May, his severance deal could well have prevented him from taking on another role at a Premier League club for 12 months.

So, if we knew that Walsh was unavailable until May 2019, what we've been doing with this role would make absolute sense. Especially if we've been getting Walsh to travel the world for the last year on a sabbatical holiday/taking in games from all over the world.

If we were to unveil him as our new Head of Recruitment once this season is over, Rudkin will have played an absolute blinder.

The bottom line is we need to recruit real quality, unfortunately Gray has flattered to deceive and his end product is not good enough he is a championship standard player. Hopefully the manager will look to bring in a player to play upfront with Vardy if it means spending big then so be it as long as we recruit a 15 - 20 goal a season striker.

Albrighton is still an outstanding player and has plenty to offer Tielemans is a key purchase for me. We need another winger who can deliver a decent ball IMO we have lacked strength in depth with our bench and this must be improved upon, whether that is through youngsters I do not know.

I believe we should have our sights on a top six finish next season and a strong run in the cups, anything less is a backwards step it will be harder next year as everybody will improve I do think we have the nucleus of a decent team we just need to add a touch of gloss.

Does anyone think a top 10 finish this season is a failure?

Theoretical question. How many other squads in the Premier League would you swap for ours?

Man City, Liverpool, obviously. Then it isn't quite so obvious.

Would you swap squads with Arsenal or even Man Utd? I wouldn't.

We should definitely be pushing for top four next season.

watching Hamza today I could see us cashing in on NDidi in the next couple of windows, Hamza looked totally in control in the holding role

I agree BN, such a shame that Puel lost us virtually a season though.

watching Hamza today I could see us cashing in on NDidi in the next couple of windows, Hamza looked totally in control in the holding role
He was superb and what surprised me most was his physical power, he seemed to win virtually every physical battle with players who are older and more experienced than him.

He was superb and what surprised me most was his physical power, he seemed to win virtually every physical battle with players who are older and more experienced than him.
Start Hamza, Papy as backup (or even Amartey as a pure Holding man if needed) and get £30m plus for Wilf to invest elsewhere could be very tempting for them

Start Hamza, Papy as backup (or even Amartey as a pure Holding man if needed) and get £30m plus for Wilf to invest elsewhere could be very tempting for them
£30 million for an excellent ball winning midfielder who is only 22. Even if were were to consider selling him, the bidding would need to start at £50 million.

Hamza was fantastic but we would be foolish to even consider letting Wilf go. He is 22 years old and nowhere near his prime.
how many holding midfielders do you need? Neither will be willing to play second fiddle long term, at some point we will need to make a choice.

As I said on another forum earlier today, Hamza Choudhury will be an England international by the end of next season
£30 million for an excellent ball winning midfielder who is only 22. Even if were were to consider selling him, the bidding would need to start at £50 million.
I was being very conservative in my estimation, prices have gone sky high but not yet for holding midfielders

Talk of us selling Ndidi as a positive move. Holy Jebus. Can we just add it to the talk of us selling Maguire to improve our defence, all the guff about Maddison being nothing but an over-hyped showpony, BN's conspiracy theories, anything written in the Mercury, all of Puel's press conferences and the ****ing drivel about Vardy being the reason we were shit for so long, put it all in a new thread and then set fire to the bastard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4181
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263