Squad sightings!

Status
Not open for further replies.
:119:

One of only three or maybe four players that I'd give the old legendary status to in my 20+ years of watching City. If Matty isn't, who the hell is?

Muzzy and Lennon.

I don't care what you lot say - I'm sticking to my opinion. If you think it's wrong then it's your problem that you cannot accept people's opinion - facists.

to be honest though joe you over estimate the gravity of your opinion.
personally i couldnt give monkeys knacker . Surely you wouldnt expect to post the statement that matty elliot former captain of our most successful team ever is not a legend and you not recieve any backlash :102:

I did expect some opposition to my opinion but that's all it is, an opinion. You can't sit there and tell me that at times he was a lazy fecker, a casual fecker and a sometimes a liability? He just wasn't solid enough and wasn't consistant enough for me to bracket as 'Legend', a term that in itself gets thrown around far to casually.

Joe_Fox said:
I did expect some opposition to my opinion but that's all it is, an opinion. You can't sit there and tell me that at times he was a lazy fecker, a casual fecker and a sometimes a liability? He just wasn't solid enough and wasn't consistant enough for me to bracket as 'Legend', a term that in itself gets thrown around far to casually.

Joe, did you go to any of the games during his prime?

Duzza said:
Joe, did you go to any of the games during his prime?

Yes

You obviously had already decided in your head that Elliot was a legend, therefore anything he did that was crap you blanked out. I've seen this before - people are so convinced in their own heads that something is untouchabley brilliant that anything contradicting this is classed as void and does not get remembered or processed. IMO.

Duzza said:
I wasn't being confrontational, I just don't see how someone can say those things about Elliott in a city shirt.

yes you were :icon_lol:

Joe_Fox said:
You obviously had already decided in your head that Elliot was a legend, therefore anything he did that was crap you blanked out. I've seen this before - people are so convinced in their own heads that something is untouchabley brilliant that anything contradicting this is classed as void and does not get remembered or processed. IMO.

so who in your opinion is a legend

Muzzy Izzet

Joe_Fox said:

Not at all, I wouldn't label anyone a legend until the point their career with us had finished anyway!

Yes, of course he did, but are daring to say that, in your opinion, Matt Elliot is MORE of a legend than Muzzy Izzet?

Joe_Fox said:
Yes, of course he did, but are daring to say that, in your opinion, Matt Elliot is MORE of a legend than Muzzy Izzet?
Whilst I agree muzzy was great player for us, Matty was by far more inspirational to that team at the time IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669