Squad sightings!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike Hunt Smells said:
Saw the legendary Matt Elliott yesterday! I think he now lives in Desford. We were in a shop and he walked in. We got an "alright lads" from him after my mate shouting "It's Matty Elliott!"

I can say he bought The Sun, a bottle of milk and some Hovis. :)

And an injunction to prevent you going within 300 metres of him?:icon_lol:

Mike Hunt Smells said:
Saw the legendary Matt Elliott yesterday! I think he now lives in Desford. We were in a shop and he walked in. We got an "alright lads" from him after my mate shouting "It's Matty Elliott!"

I can say he bought The Sun, a bottle of milk and some Hovis. :)

Not a legend IMO

No, it's not a joke, it's my opinion. I do not think Matt Elliot is a Leicester legend, I've consistently said this.

Joe_Fox said:
No, it's not a joke, it's my opinion. I do not think Matt Elliot is a Leicester legend, I've consistently said this.

Two goals in the Worhtington Cup final, and he is not a legend? You must be having a laugh Joe, or you have put too much sugar in your coffee.

Matt Elliot always gave 100% effort to this club. He never left us during any bad times, and played through extreme pain. He can always be seen at the ground on matchdays still. He would still be playing now if it was physically possible. He wasn't here purely for the money like others were, he won't come back to be a half time legend, why?, because he comes back to watch the team play that he is still proud to have been a part of.

You have possibly made your most ridiculous statement ever Joe_Fox

Last edited:
Melton Fox said:
Matt Elliot always gave 100% effort to this club. He never left us during any bad times, and played through extreme pain. He can always be seen at the ground on matchdays still. He would still be playing now if it was physically possible. He wasn't here purely for the money like others were, he won't come back to be a half time legend, why?, because he comes back to watch the team play that he is still proud to have been a part of.

You have possibly made your most ridiculous statement ever Joe_Fox

No he didn't. He was often a lazy sod on the pitch and cost us goals. He was often way too casual and that what always annoyed me about him.

I'm not saying he wasn't a great player for us and yes, he scored twice against Tranmere, all I'm saying is that, in my opinion, he is not a Leicester City legend - he never reached that height of worship.

I remember when this discussion occured about 18 months ago on this very board and the opinions were very mixed - I believe there was infact a poll on the matter with mixed results.

Melton, it's not a ridiculous statement, it's an honest opinion, an opinion which I am entitled to.

Joe_Fox said:
No he didn't. He was often a lazy sod on the pitch and cost us goals. He was often way too casual and that what always annoyed me about him.

I'm not saying he wasn't a great player for us and yes, he scored twice against Tranmere, all I'm saying is that, in my opinion, he is not a Leicester City legend - he never reached that height of worship.

I remember when this discussion occured about 18 months ago on this very board and the opinions were very mixed - I believe there was infact a poll on the matter with mixed results.

Melton, it's not a ridiculous statement, it's an honest opinion, an opinion which I am entitled to.
OK not a ridiculous statement, I was OTT. I too have said things about Maybury that no one agrees with.

I do however disagree strongly about his legend status. I don't like saying it about too many players but IMO he is a legend

Duzza said:
Says the boy from Barlestone :icon_roll

What's wrong with Barlestone? ;)

Joe_Fox said:

:018: Everyones entitled to their opinion Joe but I think you will be out voted on this forum, Matty Elliott is a legend.

How can Matt Elliott not be classed as a legend, he was skipper and one of the lynchpins of the MOST successful City side in history, he was without doubt one of the best centre halfs to have ever worn a city shirt, FFS whilst we dont want to live in the past, we should never forget or appreciate what a fantastic side and achievement the MON years were, and Elliott was instrumental in that success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669