Speculation Stadium to be expanded to 48,000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone seen any news about this? I assume that it's been shelved due to the effects of the economic crash and our failure to get into the Champions League. Understandable but still quite disappointing. I hope they get around to doing it in the near future (in a financially sound way of course).

I would buy 2 but perhaps only use them 1/3 of the time as I live in London.

Has anyone seen any news about this? I assume that it's been shelved due to the effects of the economic crash and our failure to get into the Champions League. Understandable but still quite disappointing. I hope they get around to doing it in the near future (in a financially sound way of course).
I should imagine it will be parked for a while.

40k is wank

When I took part in a survey ages ago about it, it was only concerning the East Stand and there was a lot of stuff on there about hospitality packages in the proposed arena, so those two things are in line with what was being talked about then.

A residential tower? Maybe I can finally fulfill my childhood dream of living in a football ground. Brilliant. Although the windows will only be on the side away from the pitch I suppose & I doubt i'll be able to save up a million quid in the next few years. Shame :-(

A residential tower? Maybe I can finally fulfill my childhood dream of living in a football ground. Brilliant. Although the windows will only be on the side away from the pitch I suppose & I doubt i'll be able to save up a million quid in the next few years. Shame :-(
It could be like Leyton orient. Watching the match at the ground with a can of stella in a dressing gown.......dreams man.

It could be like Leyton orient. Watching the match at the ground with a can of stella in a dressing gown.......dreams man.
I don't want to live in a world where anything is like Leyton Orient. Although Stella in a dressing gown? That seems like a good way to pass the next 10 years until I get my pension.

Leicester City Football Club can confirm that initial plans for the expansion of King Power Stadium’s capacity to 40,000 and significant developments to the surrounding area will be shared with the public in August 2021.

The unveiling of initial plans, which are a key element of King Power International’s long-term commitment and vision for the Football Club, will be followed by a period of public consultation throughout the summer and early autumn.

In addition to the increase in capacity, preliminary plans will include a 220-room hotel and a multi-purpose event and entertainment arena. There are also proposals for a new Leicester City retail space, residential and commercial space, and multi-storey car parking facilities – enhancements to the site that can further the evolution of both the Football Club and the city.

The developments will further underline Leicestershire’s reputation as a home of world-class sport and create a 365-day destination that will support the regeneration of an area that has been the home of the Football Club for 130 years.

Leicester City Chairman, Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha, said: “The unveiling of these plans represents a significant milestone in the long history of Leicester City Football Club, and one that we hope will continue to put our supporters and our community at the heart of its long-term future.

“Through the consultation with our fans, our local community, businesses and stakeholders, we hope to achieve something that we can all be proud of for years to come. It’s these conversations that will help us communicate our vision to the people at its heart and take onboard the views of our community to help shape it.

“While this vision is in its early stages, I know the prospect of additional capacity for more Leicester City supporters in King Power Stadium, has long been anticipated by us all, particularly after seven near sold-out Premier League seasons.

“The plans to build on the Club’s recent growth – with a stadium expansion as part of an exciting wider site development – is a wonderful demonstration of the shared ambition of both the Football Club and the city of Leicester. It is a project with the potential to generate enormous social value, starting with a substantial number of additional jobs for people in the region. We will be working with our partners and contractors to ensure this is a central consideration from construction through to long-term operation.”

Sir Peter Soulsby, Mayor of Leicester, said: “These are ambitious plans that reflect the Club’s ongoing commitment to the city and constant desire to build on its incredible achievements.

“LCFC has always been at the heart of our city, but thanks to the vision of the greatly-missed Khun Vichai, and his son Khun Top, it is now an integral part of our community that contributes to city life in so many ways.

“There is obviously a great deal of consultation to be done, including through the planning process, but these are really exciting proposals. The development would be very good news for the city as well as for the Club, creating new jobs and a sought-after destination for visitors, locals and tourists."

Current proposals for the site include the addition of 8,000 seats in the East Stand – which, if approved, would take King Power Stadium’s capacity to 40,000 – along with a wider proposal for a mixed-use destination including the following:

• New Club retail megastore
  • 220-room hotel
  • Multi-purpose event and entertainment arena
  • Club and commercial office space
  • Residential tower
  • New multi-storey car park

The feedback obtained from the public consultation planned in the next months with the local community, local businesses, supporters and key stakeholders, will help inform decision-making as the plans evolve, in order to deliver a major events destination that can support the Club’s continued growth and become a major asset to the city of Leicester.

Seems like 40,000 is on the low side of what might have been expected. I expect there must have been some research carried out on the demand.

If we can get 8,000 on the east stand, I guess getting to 48k would require either the same extension to the West stand, or extending both of the North and South stands.

One giant stand and three tiddlers always looks shite.

I don't think we are being ambitious enough at 40k.

Does 40k include corporate boxes of which I imagine there will be many?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263