Stadium Tour - FAIL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingy_85

I won 4 tickets in a Christmas raffle and thought it would be a great time to take the little lad down for his first time, get some pictures of him pitch side etc...

Booked myself in for the next available slot which was Saturday March 26th at 10am. Took along my lad, the missus, Dad, little Sister and Cousin.

At about 10.25am ,along with about 20 other people, we were told that unfortunately the tour guide hasnt turned up and that they dont have any contact infomation for her.

CHEERS THEN!

Anybody know of an email address I can vent my frustration towards ? :icon_wink

If the tour guide was supposed to be Lily I'm sure she's still in the 1940's communication wise so there is no disgrace in not being able to contact her. OH used to do the tours for a while years ago, the communications and treatment by the people responsible for bookings from the club were hopeless.

While on the subject of contacts at the club, is Peter Jones still there?

I emailed the fanzone address with a query but have not receieved a relpy. I seem to remember Peter with very good at getting back to you, if only to point you in the right direction.

that happened to me...so we got The Birch

I emailed the fanzone address with a query but have not receieved a relpy. I seem to remember Peter with very good at getting back to you, if only to point you in the right direction.

Peter was dropped a while ago, pretty badly handled as I remember it, there is a new contact but he's a waste of oxygen.

Last edited:
If the tour guide was supposed to be Lily I'm sure she's still in the 1940's communication w*s* so there is no disgrace in not being able to contact her. OH used to do the tours for a while years ago, the communications and treatment by the people responsible for bookings from the club were hopeless.

Thats the one! The lady on reception (have to give her credit for the amount of pressure she was under) mentioned her name.

When we were in League One they had some special offer for corporate tickets for Millwall at home, and my Dad and I had a tour of the stadium from Ali Mauchlen!

Peter was dropped a while ago

Left in disgust is nearer the truth.

I just want someone who will at least acknowledge my correspondence.

No chance. They're not even interested in acknowledging people who want to spend a serious amount of money on season tickets; an acknowledgement, saying that they will ring you back is the most that you can hope for. You'll never get that call-back though.

I've just done a tour today for some kids at castle rock high school. The last time we used the club historian (about 2 months ago) it was some fella called John Hutchinson. But we do it ourselves as we like to go round in a certain order and talk about different things. Anyway, If there's enough people who want to I could probably take a tour for you with Walshy. Not sure how much it would cost though??

If it's regarding tickets / season tickets etc.. I can only assume it's because they're quite busy. As I said earlier I took a tour today and the ticket office was really busy. I think the dead line for renewing season tickets is soon:102::102:

Last edited:
Awesome, thanks. Sent the following...

May I suggest that you would have been more likely to receive a reply if your letter had explained the problem, been less angry and let out the vulgarity.

The person who received the letter no doubt was not the person at fault and may not realise in what way your Saturday was wasted since you do not mention visiting the stadium.

Presumably what you want is for the club to make up for the situation in some way. When things go wrong the worst thing you can do is put the other person on the defensive. As an old and wise boss told me many years ago "Anger is a bad adviser".

May I suggest that you write a calmer letter in which you explain what happened, any inconvenience to you and the disappointment to the two young people. Do you include your full name and telephone number.

May I suggest that you would have been more likely to receive a reply if your letter had explained the problem, been less angry and let out the vulgarity.

The person who received the letter no doubt was not the person at fault and may not realise in what way your Saturday was wasted since you do not mention visiting the stadium.

Presumably what you want is for the club to make up for the situation in some way. When things go wrong the worst thing you can do is put the other person on the defensive. As an old and w*s* boss told me many years ago "Anger is a bad adviser".

May I suggest that you write a calmer letter in which you explain what happened, any inconvenience to you and the disappointment to the two young people. Do you include your full name and telephone number.

:tumbleweed:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670