Stadium Tour - FAIL

Status
Not open for further replies.
May I suggest that you would have been more likely to receive a reply if your letter had explained the problem, been less angry and let out the vulgarity.

The person who received the letter no doubt was not the person at fault and may not realise in what way your Saturday was wasted since you do not mention visiting the stadium.

Presumably what you want is for the club to make up for the situation in some way. When things go wrong the worst thing you can do is put the other person on the defensive. As an old and w*s* boss told me many years ago "Anger is a bad adviser".

May I suggest that you write a calmer letter in which you explain what happened, any inconvenience to you and the disappointment to the two young people. Do you include your full name and telephone number.

Sound advice David. However, I suspect that we can take Kingy's claim to have sent it to anybody with a pinch of salt and maybe a little dab of speed

If it's regarding tickets / season tickets etc.. I can only assume it's because they're quite busy. As I said earlier I took a tour today and the ticket office was really busy. I think the dead line for renewing season tickets is soon:102::102:

Nothing to do with tickets, see my PM :icon_wink

May I suggest that you would have been more likely to receive a reply if your letter had explained the problem, been less angry and let out the vulgarity.

The person who received the letter no doubt was not the person at fault and may not realise in what way your Saturday was wasted since you do not mention visiting the stadium.

Presumably what you want is for the club to make up for the situation in some way. When things go wrong the worst thing you can do is put the other person on the defensive. As an old and w*s* boss told me many years ago "Anger is a bad adviser".

May I suggest that you write a calmer letter in which you explain what happened, any inconvenience to you and the disappointment to the two young people. Do you include your full name and telephone number.

The lads are right DG. It was just a sarcastic response to the Babylon's reply. I did find an email address from the OS that I sent an email to (as above). Hopefully a few free shirts and a signed Sven picture are already in the post.

Last edited:
I think the dead line for renewing season tickets is soon:102::102:

If you want to guarantee your usual seat then you must renew by close of business on Thursday 31st March.

If the tour guide was supposed to be Lily I'm sure she's still in the 1940's communication w*s* so there is no disgrace in not being able to contact her. OH used to do the tours for a while years ago, the communications and treatment by the people responsible for bookings from the club were hopeless.

No she def has a phone because i have the number,so i would have thought the club had it :102:

The lads are right DG. It was just a sarcastic response to the Babylon's reply. I did find an email address from the OS that I sent an email to (as above). Hopefully a few free shirts and a signed Sven picture are already in the post.

Blow shirts and Sven pictures you should demand a free holiday in Thailand.

If you want to guarantee your usual seat then you must renew by close of business on Thursday 31st March.

They will also cost about 10% more from the following day.

When we were in League One they had some special offer for corporate tickets for Millwall at home, and my Dad and I had a tour of the stadium from Ali Mauchlen!

I had a tour by him too. I'd have thought, with a group of people standing in front of them, that they would have been able to find someone to do it.

I've never had any response to a series of letters / emails I sent following a total mess up with catering at an LCFC function. I suspect they just ignore you hoping you will give in, which I have, but then they've lost future business which I would have put their way.

Between one and three per cent, according to the official site.

Where does it say that?

The cheapest adult season ticket (Just the Ticket renewal) will go up from £320 to £349 - that's just over 9%. A similar ticket for Seniors goes from £235 to £270 - a rise of almost 15%. The rise for new applicants is not as high. There seems to be more than an element of 'dynamic pricing' but I can't find a rise of anything like the "one to three per cent" that you quote.

Last edited:
Interesting that bit about Peter Jones, I mentioned to Lee Hoos last weekend that I've met Peter in the past and asked if he didn't work for the club anymore (even though I knew he didn't), Hoos said he is trying to get Peter back but he was so busy doing something else.

Suppose he couldn't say anything else, really.

I had a tour by him too. I'd have thought, with a group of people standing in front of them, that they would have been able to find someone to do it.

I've never had any response to a series of letters / emails I sent following a total mess up with catering at an LCFC function. I suspect they just ignore you hoping you will give in, which I have, but then they've lost future business which I would have put their way.

My experience is that you should never complain by telephone - the person on the end of the telephone is usually low down the pecking order. Complaining by e-mail is usually as bad. Always complain by letter and always name someone high up on the envelope. If I was writing to Leicester City I would address it to Mr L Hoos. Even though he is unlikely to see it it will probably be dealt with at a higher level than one just sent to Leicester City.

Siouxsie if a first letter is ignored (and the club no doubt get masses of post a day - which is no excuse) then you should send a second one by recorded delivery. People take more seriously a letter by recorded delivery.

That page was there yesterday, although it has been amended today. It's where I took my prices from for my "increase by about 10%" statement.

I reckon it's been through at least a couple of changes then as they tried to get the story right - before dropping the percentage claims entirely - as that's where I got my quote from too.

Sat in a seat, watched a match - that's as much of a stadium as I ever need to see.

Looking at the place where Barry Hayles once took a pre-match crap really doesn't do it for me.

Thank you for contacting Fanzone. I apologise for the delay in getting back to you.

We are extremely sorry for the disappointment caused by the error which meant your tour did not take place last Saturday. It was a genuine mix-up in communication with our Tour Guide and we will certainly endeavour to make sure a situation like this does not happen again.

I understand from my colleague that you will be contacted again to re-arrange and can confirm that even if your voucher date has expired we will certainly continue to honour it.

Again, our sincerely apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Pat McConnell
on behalf of Fanzone
Leicester City Football Club
[email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687