Stanley Cup Final

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billyjof

Congratulations to my adopted team Vancouver Canucks. :038::icon_cool

I haven't shared the misery of the past 17 years since they last made it to the final, only to loose and famously riot. I am but a fairweather fan as normally I couldn't really give a shit. There are a few friends of mine who are right now, heading to bed only to have the mother of all hangovers to deal with tomorrow. :icon_lol:

Attachments

• canucks5.jpg
    canucks5.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Indeed, but they have been pretty much the best team in the NHL this year, so it's looking good.

True, but they nearly did a good choking job against the Blackhawks in the previous round. After cruising the early games it went to OT in game 7.

It's a great game and I've been lucky to see it live. The Canucks fans definitely have paaaaassshuun!

True, but they nearly did a good choking job against the Blackhawks in the previous round. After cruising the early games it went to OT in game 7.

It's a great game and I've been lucky to see it live. The Canucks fans definitely have paaaaassshuun!

I watch a lot of NFL, NCAA American Football and NCAA Basketball. I tend to only watch the NHL when the playoffs start (like many people I guess). However I spend a lot of time on the ESPN website so normally know what's going on in all their sports.

I watch a lot of NFL, NCAA American Football and NCAA Basketball. I tend to only watch the NHL when the playoffs start (like many people I guess). However I spend a lot of time on the ESPN website so normally know what's going on in all their sports.

Do you have an NHL team that you follow?

My old man had a mid life crisis back in the 80s and used to drag me along to the Manchester Spartans American Football and then the London Monarchs. I haven't really followed it for a while though. I see the Leicester team have rebranded as the Falcons do they get much interest?

Do you have an NHL team that you follow?

My old man had a mid life crisis back in the 80s and used to drag me along to the Manchester Spartans American Football and then the London Monarchs. I haven't really followed it for a while though. I see the Leicester team have rebranded as the Falcons do they get much interest?

I don't really follow a team in the NHL as I don't watch it enough, but I do enjoy watching teams like the Red Wings as they are from a proper hockey city so their fans are always really into it.

I don't follow American Football in this country at all, I guess I'm a bit of a snob with it, I never used to enjoy NFL Europe either.

The Falcons are going to play at the new Speedway Stadium when the centre green is ready. No idea if they get any crowds of note.

Nottingham Panthers - Ice Hockey - is a decent night out bar the Notts mongs. Cheap to get in but then you get stung inside the arena. Never been to see Cov Blaze or Sheff Steelers. Panthers-Steelers is quite a rivarly.

Leicester Riders - Basketball - I enjoy tons if the opposition are equally matched, the quality is low though. Might watch a bit of EuroBasket in Lithuania (some European nations are equal to the US on their day) and I am hoping to go the London Invitation Tournament at the Olympic Basketball arena. Might try for the UK v US match at the MEN too.

Nottingham Panthers - Ice Hockey - is a decent night out bar the Notts mongs. Cheap to get in but then you get stung inside the arena. Never been to see Cov Blaze or Sheff Steelers. Panthers-Steelers is quite a rivarly.

Might have to go and watch some live hockey next time I'm back. The Steelers were pulling quite big crowds at one point, is that still the case?

I'm going to miss the first two Stanley Cup games. They are live in the middle of the day here. I'm actually helping crew a yacht up the coast probably no internet for a while.

I didn't see the first two. Vancouver until being 4-0 down arguably had the better of the play, definately more chances.

Big 4th game in 2 days time.
:icon_lol: That bit sounds a bit daft but I know exactly what you mean. I thought they were going to win, especially after they knocked Horton out of the game.

That bit sounds a bit daft but I know exactly what you mean. I thought they were going to win.

First two goals were deflections coming from nothing. Vancouver out shot them by a ridiculous margin, but they didn't have open scoring oportunities, hats off to Boston's defense for keeping D Sedin quiet.

I doubt Olympic gold medalist Luongo will be starting next game, his form has been very up and down, he saved their series in the 7th game against the Blackhawks but seems to be lacking confidence. The blame for the demolition job by Boston can't all be his though.

Keeps it exciting.

First two goals were deflections coming from nothing. Vancouver out shot them by a ridiculous margin, but they didn't have open scoring oportunities, hats off to Boston's defense for keeping D Sedin quiet.

I doubt Olympic gold medalist Luongo will be starting next game, his form has been very up and down, he saved their series in the 7th game against the Blackhawks but seems to be lacking confidence. The blame for the demolition job by Boston can't all be his though.

Keeps it exciting.

Exactly. Roll on Game 4 tonight.

Game 4 frustrating watching. Tim Thomas the Bruins goaltender has been unbeatable yet again. Poor offside decision against Hansen when Canucks trailed 1-0. Going into the final period Canucks need something very special.

I'm no expert, I don''t understand how home advantage works in a sport that is so quick, but looking forward to the Vancouver home games coming up.

Last edited:
Game 4 frustrating watching. Tim Thomas the Bruins goaltender has been unbeatable yet again. Poor offside decision against Hansen when Canucks trailed 1-0. Going into the final period Canucks need something very special.

I'm no expert, I don''t understand how home advantage works in a sport that is so quick, but looking forward to the Vancouver home games coming up.

I thought Vancouver looked a bit flat tonight, Boston seemed much more up for it. Game 5 is huge now isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566