Stanley Cup Final

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Vancouver looked a bit flat tonight, Boston seemed much more up for it. Game 5 is huge now isn't it?

Yes, some of their big players especially Kesler didn't look up for it. Boston's Tim Thomas was though (I hate the phrase) awesome, compared to Luongo the "Sieve".

6 Periods Vancouver have been outscored now. Not a good development.

Not sure I am able to watch the 5th game, lets hope I am the curse!

Squeeked through that one 1-0. Vancouver lead the Stanley Cup Final 3-2.

No one yet dropped a home tie going into game 6 in Boston. Potential all important game 7 will be on Vancouver ice.

Good game I thought. Lots of action and Thomas and Luongo both had quality games. The words "saved by Thomas" must be echoing through the commentators heads, they have to use them so often.

I know you won't want this Billyjof, but I hope it goes to game 7 as it's been a good series to watch and a final game would be great to see.

Good game I thought. Lots of action and Thomas and Luongo both had quality games. The words "saved by Thomas" must be echoing through the commentators heads, they have to use them so often.
I only started watching late in the 2nd period. I got up to make a brew in the 3rd and Lapierre scored. I'm not completely convinced I'm not the cause of the curse I was speaking of :icon_lol:. Final period was very exciting and the atmosphere was intense.

I wouldn't bet against Vancouver winning it in Boston on Tuesday, but I think it's likely to go to a 7th game. Should Vancouver either win or loose the 7th in Vancouver, there might just be some sort of repeat of previous carnage.

I assume you didn't watch game 6 Billyjof?

Basically the same format as the rest of the games in Boston. Vancouver played ok but Boston were more physical and Luongo was not very good, he got dragged in the 1st period. Boston ran out convincing winners.

On to game 7 then, going on the series so far that should point to another tight game in Vancouver. I'm looking forward to it.

Shit :icon_eek: I got my days mixed up. In my previous post I mentioned Tuesday as I had read it somewhere as Tuesday. I'm on a completely different timezone with little or no advertising for it. Your post was the first I heard that the game had taken place :icon_lol: I would have been gutted if Vancouver had won, I'm sure I would have heard about it though.

Oh well there goes my morning's plans.

Game 7 it is then. My friends in Vancouver always complain about The Canucks doing it the hard way, snatching defeat out of the jaws of victory. Should be a cracker on home ice, tomorrow morning for me.

I know egg chasing isn't popular on this site but I have a ticket for the State of Origin match tonight at Sydney's ANZ stadium, sell out crowd and series still to play for. Should be interestng.

Really dissapointing performance from Vancouver. Overall the better team won even though they were 2 games down at one point.

Vancouver only have a 40 year history but that is 3 Stanley Cup final losses now. I'd be feelling really gutted if I was a proper die hard, as opposed to slightly dissapointed.

Picture on mates FB. The sun setting on a beautiful Vancouver day (And their Stanley Cup year)

Tantrums:018:

Attachments

• Vancouver.jpg
    Vancouver.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 13
Just finished catching up with this. Bit of a disappointing end I guess, as another tight game would have been good to watch. Thomas was outstanding again, easy decision as the MVP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669