Statement Regarding Fixture Fulfilment

Status
Not open for further replies.
anybody who made it to the ground on Friday night and saw the conditions around the ground will tell you there was no way that the game was going to be called off

Last edited:
Are you suggesting that they are lying about having to following the same rules as every other club? What about all the games on Saturday that weren't on Sky, that were affected by snow, but still went ahead?

The weather and road conditions were much improved for Saturday. It didn't drop below freezing so the roads weren't icy and given that most were untreated prior to the snow, when it initially fell, it made things much worse.

On the way to the game I had to push 2 cars that got stuck just getting off my estate to the main roads but come Saturday morning, after a night of treatment and a day of cars driving, I was able to drive out my estate and get to Coventry and back as if it was a 'normal' day.

The weather and road conditions were much improved for Saturday. It didn't drop below freezing so the roads weren't icy and given that most were untreated prior to the snow, when it initially fell, it made things much worse.

On the way to the game I had to push 2 cars that got stuck just getting off my estate to the main roads but come Saturday morning, after a night of treatment and a day of cars driving, I was able to drive out my estate and get to Coventry and back as if it was a 'normal' day.

So you know how the road conditions were near every ground around the country that is impressive.

Also, unless the estate you live on is next to the stadium I don't see how you pushing two cars is relevant?

Regarding the Arsenal postponement many thousands of people went to the Boxing Day sales. No other London club seemed to have a problem with putting their game on.

All those morons calling into Radio Leicester before the game and moaning about how unfair it was. My Dad is 63 and is booked in for a hip replacement on Febuary 7th... he went to the game. Even parked at Narborough Road and walked to the stadium. His leg was giving him a lot of aggro but he wouldnt miss a game for anything.

Fair enough I understand that it may have been completely impossible for some but one clueless lady who called in had said that she had left for the game from near the general hospital at 3.30 and had to turn back because of the traffic. 3.30!!!!!! Does she think that the game was being played in mordor? Honestly? Did she not think that by leaving at that time she would be driving head first into the rush hour traffic? And that by leaving at 6.25 (like we did from a similar distance) that the traffic would have died down?

Ridiculous. Imagine how cavemen coped.

Last edited:
So you know how the road conditions were near every ground around the country that is impressive.

Also, unless the estate you live on is next to the stadium I don't see how you pushing two cars is relevant?

But we are discussing our game, I fail to see how conditions around a ground x miles away from here would have an impact on our game.

It gives an example of how bad conditions were and that is from someone less than 5 miles for the ground. Fortunately I made it to the ground in plenty of time but I am not so blinkered to come to the conclusion that many others, especially those not residing within the city would face great difficulty in getting to the game.

Apologies to all for not having the opinion of just because I got there ok, the game should definitely go ahead.

But we are discussing our game, I fail to see how conditions around a ground x miles away from here would have an impact on our game.

It gives an example of how bad conditions were and that is from someone less than 5 miles for the ground. Fortunately I made it to the ground in plenty of time but I am not so blinkered to come to the conclusion that many others, especially those not residing within the city would face great difficulty in getting to the game.

Apologies to all for not having the opinion of just because I got there ok, the game should definitely go ahead.

Do you think if you whine enough they will replay the game for all the fans who missed it? I was pretty annoyed that I had to walk for over an hour each way to see the match on the day but it's done now, points won, move on.

Regarding the Arsenal postponement many thousands of people went to the Boxing Day sales. No other London club seemed to have a problem with putting their game on.

Have you ever been to the Emirates (capacity 60k)? The congestion on a normal match-day is terrible. Not surprising the police were concerned. It was pretty horrendous getting to/from Fulham (capacity 25 k), which is normally not too bad at all. Same, I believe, at Loftus road (capacity 18k)

Do you think if you whine enough they will replay the game for all the fans who missed it? I was pretty annoyed that I had to walk for over an hour each way to see the match on the day but it's done now, points won, move on.

Feck me I wish people would do just that BB.

No, I'm just offering my point of view in response to others offering theirs.

If you don't not like what I post you can add me to your ignore list but I do have an extremely fragile ego apparently so I would be greatful if you do not publicise doing so.

All those morons calling into Radio Leicester before the game and moaning about how unfair it was. My Dad is 63 and is booked in for a hip replacement on Febuary 7th... he went to the game. Even parked at Narborough Road and walked to the stadium. His leg was giving him a lot of aggro but he wouldnt miss a game for anything.

Fair enough I understand that it may have been completely impossible for some but one clueless lady who called in had said that she had left for the game from near the general hospital at 3.30 and had to turn back because of the traffic. 3.30!!!!!! Does she think that the game was being played in mordor? Honestly? Did she not think that by leaving at that time she would be driving head first into the rush hour traffic? And that by leaving at 6.25 (like we did from a similar distance) that the traffic would have died down?

Ridiculous. Imagine how cavemen coped.

the local radio has to take some resposibilty for this, i was listening to find out if the game was on or not and they kept repeating that if you wanted to get to the game you should leave asap. they gave out horror stories of people taking hours to go a few hundred yards. I'm sure it put plenty of folk off from even trying to get to the game. yet as you say by 6.30pm the roads were fairly quite and any real congestion had eased.

So the club now have to justify playing games? feckin hell

No, I'm just offering my point of view in response to others offering theirs.

If you don't not like what I post you can add me to your ignore list but I do have an extremely fragile ego apparently so I would be greatful if you do not publicise doing so.

Your point was that the club are lying in an official statement, a fairly serious accusation that would annoy lots of people if correct. However, like a lot of your' opinions', it appears to have no basis in reality and is instead based on some conspiracy theory regarding Sky.

So the club now have to justify playing games? feckin hell

And if they'd called it off, which the didn't have the power to do, people would be whining about that. Some twats on Twitter was even blaming the club for Arriva not running their normal match buses. Some people just want to find something to whinge about.

Here comes the view from the Norwegian jury:
:081: :081: :081: :081: :081: :081: :081: :081: :081:

:bang:

Last edited:
Your point was that the club are lying in an official statement, a fairly serious accusation that would annoy lots of people if correct. However, like a lot of your' opinions', it appears to have no basis in reality and is instead based on some conspiracy theory regarding Sky.

My point is that it was not fair on the vast majority of fans as they couldn't get there. I think it's fair to make a call to suit the majority hence why I believe it should have been postponed.

My point regarding the statement was that it is not uncommon for companies, organisations or the media to bend the truth or exaggerate things.

Others have also made comment as to the involvement with Sky, but you have chose no issue with those, just like another topic a couple of days back. If you have such an issue with what I post, please feel free to add me to your ignore list as, as has been discussed before, it is not possible for us peasant members to do likewise to moderators.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670